The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

38 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> large breast support group (cuz we actually need it!)
frances hayes
post Apr 18 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #601

QUOTE(nickclick @ Apr 9 2007, 12:17 PM) *
i had breast reduction surgery two 1/2 years ago, so any questions... fire away!

I am considering it, i am 43 with a 13 & 10 year old, i am nervous..i have been told that the recovery is worse than anyone every tells you, so what is the real scoop??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
frances hayes
post Apr 18 2007, 07:10 PM
Post #602

i had breast reduction surgery two 1/2 years ago, so any questions... fire away!

I am considering it, i am 43 with a 13 & 10 year old, i am nervous..i have been told that the recovery is worse than anyone every tells you, so what is the real scoop??

+Quote Post
frances hayes
post Apr 18 2007, 07:07 PM
Post #603

QUOTE(erinjane @ Apr 11 2007, 12:09 PM) *
Hey Amber,
I think you should get yourself to a specialty shop and get sized, because if you are that short and skinny there is no way you can be a 38 band size. I'm all 4'11 and fairly slim and before I went to a specialty shop I thought I was a 36D, when I'm actually a 32E. Big difference.

Look in the phone book under "lingerie" and check out some stores. You don't even have to buy anything from them, but let them size you. But I'm betting you'd benefit from buying one from a shop like that, because I really doubt your band size is above a 34 if you're already quite slim. Often they have bathing suits that are made to fit like a bra as well.

I am 5'6" 130 lbs, for YEARS i had been wearing a 36DDD/E bra, finally went to specialty bra shop and went to a 32G, fits SOOOOOOOOOO much better and more comfortable, but I am still considering breast reduction..the problem with bras at regular dept stores (macys...) is that the largest cup size is a DDD/E, so often bigger breasted women must buy the large band size for the bigger cups, it is really hard to find a store (even a specialty store) for women of small to average size with huge boobs to find a bra and even worse a bathing suit.

+Quote Post
frances hayes
post Apr 18 2007, 07:07 PM
Post #604

QUOTE(erinjane @ Apr 11 2007, 12:09 PM) *
Hey Amber,
I think you should get yourself to a specialty shop and get sized, because if you are that short and skinny there is no way you can be a 38 band size. I'm all 4'11 and fairly slim and before I went to a specialty shop I thought I was a 36D, when I'm actually a 32E. Big difference.

Look in the phone book under "lingerie" and check out some stores. You don't even have to buy anything from them, but let them size you. But I'm betting you'd benefit from buying one from a shop like that, because I really doubt your band size is above a 34 if you're already quite slim. Often they have bathing suits that are made to fit like a bra as well.

I am 5'6" 130 lbs, for YEARS i had been wearing a 36DDD/E bra, finally went to specialty bra shop and went to a 32G, fits SOOOOOOOOOO much better and more comfortable, but I am still considering breast reduction..the problem with bras at regular dept stores (macys...) is that the largest cup size is a DDD/E, so often bigger breasted women must buy the large band size for the bigger cups, it is really hard to find a store (even a specialty store) for women of small to average size with huge boobs to find a bra and even worse a bathing suit.

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Apr 16 2007, 07:54 AM
Post #605

Hardcore BUSTie

hi bv, i went from triple d (or so, or whatever the real bra size is, since i was wearing a dd quite ill-fitting-ly) to a c. i love them and so happy i did it.

the surgery itself was a few hours and i stayed at the hospital overnight, but i've heard many are same-day surgeries. i planned for 2 weeks out of work to recover, although after a week i was feeling fine, except for muscle weakness and general soreness. i also planned and luckily received much help from my bf and my mom, with things like changing the dressing, washing my hair, driving me around, bringing things down off high shelves, much more.

i'm left with some pretty intense scarring, and the possibility of not being able to breastfeed, but being a playboy model and/or a nursing mom weren't ever in my plans anyway. in some places the scars are thicker than others, and sometimes they itch, but mostly they don't bother me or my bf a bit. i was also afraid to lose nipple sensitivity, but it's there, just as great as before! although that is also a possibility to consider.

overall, the two weeks of recovery uncomfort and pain was insignificant compared to the years of the same associated with carrying those things around all day and sleeping with them at night.

i can certainly share any more specific and gorey details by pm if you wish. otherwise, i'll spare the board of stories of stitches and drainage!

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Apr 16 2007, 07:14 AM
Post #606

BUSTie

Hello to you Nickclick.. I am looking into having my breast reduced and I wonder what can I expect as far as the pain and the overall outcome..I am looking to reduce my triple d's to a d.

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Apr 11 2007, 10:52 AM
Post #607

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey Amber,

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
glassk
post Apr 11 2007, 02:10 AM
Post #608

Hardcore BUSTie

Aww! Amber, that sucks...

I just grew into my D cup, and they are about the correct proportions for me, but I'm used to being a B or C cup and last time I was going to buy a bra, all I could find were B and C cups and I was about ready to cry from the frustration, too.

I can't help you with tthe swimsuit issue; but do you sew? I learned to sew last year, and maybe if you headed over to craftster.org you could peek around. Maybe get a swimsuit and modify it a bit so that you stay in it. Or else just get some ideas about how to "make it work."

Good luck!

--------------------
creativity? Art Mash-Up

+Quote Post
NewYorkNoize
post Apr 10 2007, 07:55 PM
Post #609

hello i'm new.
My name is Amber and I'm 17.

I'm having a big problem finding swim suites that fit.
I'm a tiny tiny girl. I'm 5"2 and really skinny all around the only problem is
I have these huge natrual breasts...
i know a lot of people would kill to have a body like mine...i've been told that...but i hate it.
i cannot find a swimsuite that fits and it's really upsetting me.
I've actually cried over it.
I've tried dieting...i heard if you lose weight they get smaller...but i can't afford to drop too many more pounds.
I pop out of just about any bathing suite i buy (i'm a 38DD) and i can't find anything that fits.

i'd appreciate it if any of you nice ladies has any help for me. I cry over this all the time. It just sucks when your friends can go out and but cute swimsuites that actually fit them...and you have to worry about popping out of them.... dry.gif

please help! anything would be appreciated<3

thank you!

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Apr 9 2007, 11:00 AM
Post #610

Hardcore BUSTie

+Quote Post
samiam
post Apr 8 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #611

BUSTie

At the newer, high end mall here we have a store called Cacique, which is the lingerie side of Lane Bryant. I went in there thinking that, as usual, I would slide into the crack between big and little (I am a 36D, and I suggest getting measured at Macys or JC Pennys to find that out). I wear a size 10 usually, which makes me too small for Lane Bryant (although, I was a 14 in college, and I haven't changed, so sizing definitely has), but my boobs are definitely more on the plus-size side of things. Anyway, I found some cute stuff! Even stuff on sale, and a push up bra that fits, supports, and looks pretty when I take off my shirt. Worth checking out. This is not an ad, btw, just an insider idea.

My mom (5'1", 32DD) always says, "If you are willing to pay $100 for a pair of shoes you will wear 3 times a year, you should be willing to pay at least that much for a bra you wear every day."

+Quote Post
hcbeck
post Apr 5 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #612

BUSTie

Just caught a pretty good documentary on BBC3 here in the UK.

My Big Breasts and Me
Documentary following three women who are naturally well endowed and exploring how they feel about having big breasts.

Jodie (Age 22, 28K) is terrified of having breast reduction surgery but with her breasts causing her chronic back pain she knows it may be her only option. Vicky (Age 26, 34H) hopes that alternative therapies and an exercise regime will downsize her chest, and Maddie (Age 21, 32G), a fashion student, struggles to be taken seriously in a world where she feels only women with small boobs can look attractive.

It has all the usual scenes - including the visit to Rigby and Peller to discover that 80% of women are walking around wearing the wrong size bra. Two of Jodie's friends measure out almost 8 pounds of sugar and strap it to their chests and go out and about in town to see how much extra weight Jodie is carrying and how people treat her differently. Jodie also vists a friend to discover what breast reduction scars look like four years after surgury.

Catch it if you can.

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Apr 4 2007, 11:55 AM
Post #613

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(GlamourDiva @ Apr 4 2007, 10:35 AM) *
good luck to all of us--it's still better than being a part of the itty bitty titty committee lol

I can see by your posts, Glamourdiva, that you're pretty new to the boards, but I thought this comment was really unnecessary. It's not cool to put other people down based on physical attributes.

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
GlamourDiva
post Apr 4 2007, 09:18 AM
Post #614

Also remember there are different types of bras for different types of apparel.
Be sure to get a tee shirt bra--smooth and cotton--sometimes not the sexiest support but oh well
and then demi cups for v-necks etc
i'm also busty a 36ddd--I like them--they are bouncy and full and have no stretch marks but i would rather be back to my 34dd..oh well

good luck to all of us--it's still better than being a part of the itty bitty titty committee lol

gd
http://www.colorshowdown.com

+Quote Post
lilyblue
post Mar 27 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #615

Hardcore BUSTie

I am so sick of this bullshit. I found out that I wear a UK 38H. That's all nice and well, but I can't for the life of me figure out what that translates to in US Numbers. It's all so wonky out there. I have seen everything from 38G to a 38K.

This crap is annoying. Why are there no standards?

Now to my real question. I have heavy sagging boobs and I'm looking for a bra or inserts that would uplift the girls.

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Mar 27 2007, 09:29 AM
Post #616

Just want to plug this site again because it sells some great bras.

+Quote Post
aislinnkae
post Mar 22 2007, 08:12 PM
Post #617

QUOTE(p_176 @ Mar 22 2007, 12:58 PM) *
i am at a 38D right now, at a height of 5'1. i tried on some bras that were specifically for biggerbreasted women, and i thought it made them look like cannons - not attractive at all. plus, i hate the seam across the nipple also - very unattractive and uncomfortable - not conducive for clothing, IMO. so am still wearing my target bras that don't support as much as i would like, but i am losing weight so hopefully they will shrink back to a 34C - if not, i will have the plastic surgery to reduce them.
i half agree with your statement, ally, of living with and loving your body, but at the same time, when breasts start affecting other areas of your body - like posture, skin rashes, breathing in some cases - it's time to call the plastic surgeon. (in my case, my eczema is exacerbated by the twins)

I completely agree with you on the surgery if your breasts are affecting other parts of your life. One thing I would consider though is finding other bras, like the Fantasie, which I wear at a 34F at 5'3 (no seams, lined so no nippage wink.gif ). I was in the same predicement as you until I found a lingerie store specializing in large breasted women. WHAT A LIFESAVER!!! I now have all the bras I could ever wear (though they are more expensive, but worth EVERY PENNY) and I am finally happy with my breasts. I don't know where you live, but for anyone who lives in the DFW area, I can recommend a fabulous store.

+Quote Post
p_176
post Mar 22 2007, 12:41 PM
Post #618

Hardcore BUSTie

i am at a 38D right now, at a height of 5'1. i tried on some bras that were specifically for biggerbreasted women, and i thought it made them look like cannons - not attractive at all. plus, i hate the seam across the nipple also - very unattractive and uncomfortable - not conducive for clothing, IMO. so am still wearing my target bras that don't support as much as i would like, but i am losing weight so hopefully they will shrink back to a 34C - if not, i will have the plastic surgery to reduce them.
i half agree with your statement, ally, of living with and loving your body, but at the same time, when breasts start affecting other areas of your body - like posture, skin rashes, breathing in some cases - it's time to call the plastic surgeon. (in my case, my eczema is exacerbated by the twins)

+Quote Post
deegurl654
post Mar 22 2007, 10:40 AM
Post #619

Hey Everyone!! I'm so glad I found this site smile.gif ! I was recently measure a 36DDD and am having a hard time finding both bras as well as bathing suites. I'm getting a pool this summer and will definatly need one. I normaly just where a t-shirt and shorts but this year I am determined to find a great fitting bathing suite....any suggestions? Thanks so much for the help!

+Quote Post
aislinnkae
post Mar 21 2007, 11:38 PM
Post #620

Hey everybody! I have been online for the past 3 hours looking for a swimsuit and came across this site, and am I glad I did! biggrin.gif I am a 34F (until recently thought I was a 38D!!) Anywho, I was reading that ya'll are having a heck of a time finding button up shirts that fit. I've found that I can wear petite Ann Taylor tops without having to get them altered. I wear a 12P which fits my chest and waist as well. They're expensive, but worth a try.

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 27, 2014 - 08:35 AM