Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Halloween!
candycane_girl
post Oct 29 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #21

Hardcore BUSTie

Aw, pepper, I hope he feels better! That would absolutely suck to miss out on all the Halloween fun. I called my mom today and told her that I hope she has a lot of candy since Halloween is on a Saturday this year which means there will probably be more kids out. She's convinced though that since there is rain in the forecast that there won't be many kiddos around.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pepper
post Oct 29 2009, 03:02 PM
Post #22

Shit, the kid has a fever. Wish us luck for good health on the day of days! He'll be so bummed out if he's stuck in bed when all the hooplah is happenin'. Darn it all.

I got my pirate costume in the mail and it looks Cute! At the very least I'm getting dressed and handing out candy, I am Totally in the mood for Halloweenie, I love pumpkin day.

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Oct 29 2009, 10:50 AM
Post #23

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, I finally got my costume together! I now have a witch hat and a cape. Still trying to decide if I should get some purple lipstick or not.

Also, thank god for Value Village!

ETA: I'm now watching Halloween episodes of Roseanne to get into the spirit!

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Oct 29 2009, 07:51 AM
Post #24

Hardcore BUSTie

i have 3 costumes to wear in the span of 2 days. it's going to be quite a quick change!

at work tomorrow - recycling a Hedwig the snowy owl costume from a Harry Potter party earlier this year - white feather boa, feather mask, and wings

bike ride/party tomorrow nite - bad 60s girl - cat's eyes sunglasses, black cardigan, red kerchief, pedal pushers (wanna wear a pencil skirt, but hard to bike in)

village parade in NYC sat nite - recycling a Frida Kahlo costume from last year - long black ruffle skirt, Mexican top, big wrap, big tin earrings, huge beaded necklace, flowers in my bun, drawn-on unibrow

+Quote Post
summerbabe
post Oct 29 2009, 01:20 AM
Post #25

BUSTie

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Oct 27 2009, 09:15 PM) *
Honestly, the contacts don't move around that much. You should be okay, I never had a problem with mine unless I forgot to take my allergy meds. And if you do have a problem, you can always wash your hands & make adjustments. I always keep a mini saline in my purse.

Cool, thanks! I always wondered how those non-radial contacts can stay in place floating in a sea of eye juices.

Sorry everyone seems so down on Halloween this year sad.gif It may be just me but the Monster Mash always gets me in the mood wink.gif

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Oct 27 2009, 06:03 PM
Post #26

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, my Halloween isn't really shaping up so good. Two of the people who would totally have been up for doing it properly with me are out of town and won't be able to come down, and everybody else who I've managed to get in touch with is working or doing something lame. I know I shouldn't be depending on other people for my fun, but come on - Halloween is for partying, and you can't really party alone. And I hate partying with strangers, so crashing a party or going to the bar are out of the question. I have been invited to my aging hippie landlady's Samhain celebration on Halloween, though, so I'm thinking of doing something (really, really) different this year and checking it out. It's going to be a bunch of aging hippies and pretentious granola people waving crystals around and doing a bunch of fluffy pseudo-Wiccan goddess worship, and will probably be cheesy and embarrassing, but I've always taken Halloween really seriously as a holiday and wanted to get deeper into the roots, beneath the surface facade of candy corn and orange and black streamers, and I suppose I should take the opportunity that's fallen into my lap. Hope I don't regret it.

I'd really love to go to a party, though, because I was so excited about my tooth fairy costume. I haven't got anything together yet, but it's quite a simple costume and I know I could whip it up with no trouble. Except for the tooth necklace - that would require a little craftiness. It's a shame my social life is such a shambles right now - Halloween is a way bigger deal this year now that it's on a weekend. There's so much to do! It's just no fun doing it alone...

--------------------
To be free one must give up a little part of oneself.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 27 2009, 04:15 PM
Post #27

Big Fat Bitch

Honestly, the contacts don't move around that much. You should be okay, I never had a problem with mine unless I forgot to take my allergy meds. And if you do have a problem, you can always wash your hands & make adjustments. I always keep a mini saline in my purse.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
summerbabe
post Oct 27 2009, 02:58 PM
Post #28

BUSTie

Do any of you spooky busties have experience with novelty contact lenses? I just got some snake ones (yellow with black slits) for my medusa costume, but I've never worn contacts before! I wonder how they keep from rotating on your eye? I don't want the slits pointing crazy ways blink.gif

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Oct 27 2009, 02:16 PM
Post #29

sassygrrl

AP, I'm considered I'd fall on my ass... thanks though! I think when I'm out on Friday, I'll pick some up. Besides, I gotta get Mcgeek's geeky professor costume at the thrift store.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 27 2009, 02:08 PM
Post #30

Big Fat Bitch

Gogo boots! Free *overnight* shipping!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Oct 27 2009, 11:21 AM
Post #31

sassygrrl

QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Oct 27 2009, 03:04 PM) *
Crap. Last minute Halloween party invite. Costumes are optional, but LeBoy wants to dress up. If I can throw together a Daria costume by Saturday night, I will. Trying to decide if he should go as Trent or something totally different- I was thinking Shaun. We have a cricket bat.

I need to find a pair of size 10 army boots. Crap, humanist is only an 8 1/2, otherwise I'd borrow hers.

What kind of jacket would you say she wears? It's not really a blazer...it's got a zipper. I have a dark green zip-up hoodie, but that's not quite right. I have a shirt to wear underneath. Need a short black skirt. Thrift store here I come.

I'd say Shaun. I just saw that movie again....

http://a3.vox.com/6a00c22527b0f0604a0109815ee3bb000d-500pi - Daria image.
It looks like a greenish blazer/jacket.

I need some go-go boots that won't cause me to trip.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Oct 27 2009, 10:04 AM
Post #32

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Crap. Last minute Halloween party invite. Costumes are optional, but LeBoy wants to dress up. If I can throw together a Daria costume by Saturday night, I will. Trying to decide if he should go as Trent or something totally different- I was thinking Shaun. We have a cricket bat.

I need to find a pair of size 10 army boots. Crap, humanist is only an 8 1/2, otherwise I'd borrow hers.

What kind of jacket would you say she wears? It's not really a blazer...it's got a zipper. I have a dark green zip-up hoodie, but that's not quite right. I have a shirt to wear underneath. Need a short black skirt. Thrift store here I come.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 26 2009, 12:08 PM
Post #33

Big Fat Bitch

Nope, they are hosiery only.

I'm anti-legging for the most part. They just aren't very flattering unless you're skinny or they're worn under a very looooong tunic. I once worked with a very large lady, so large (Like, she had to buy special shoes or take the laces out of a pair of knockoff Keds.) she wore little else but dresses & tunics & leggings. You could actually visibly see the bands of lycra holding her into those leggings.

I am not perpetuating that fatties are disgusting, just leggings.

--------------------

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Oct 26 2009, 10:49 AM
Post #34

Hardcore BUSTie

lol, thanks aural! I'm just really cheap when it comes to Halloween so I wouldn't order something online. Also, I've been to that website before and only ever seen plus size tights not leggings. Have they added leggins to their line?

Anyway, like I said, I'm feeling tired and drained so I think I'm just going to be a very plain witch this year. Maybe next year I can really get into it!

+Quote Post
sevenseconds
post Oct 26 2009, 01:06 AM
Post #35

Hardcore BUSTie

Not feeling it either.
I'd honestly rather get high and contact the dead. Or Something There.
Isn't that what it's for, Halloween.

--------------------
Every story is a cup so empty it can be drunk from again and again. - MJH

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 25 2009, 11:56 PM
Post #36

Big Fat Bitch

Aw, CC_G, sorry to hear about the breakup.

CC_G! Tsk! Do you not know that in all plus size emergencies a note in the plus size girl thread or at the very least a PM to AP is usually in order? I am your web concierge!

WeLoveColors.com your one stop all things leggings/tights/etc! For fall/winter I invested in several colours of regular tights & three colours of fishnets. They're not the cheapest, but they are very well made. I've had mine since August or so & have yet to have a snag in any that I've worn.

I am not feeling Halloween either. Meh.

--------------------

+Quote Post
janeinane
post Oct 25 2009, 09:18 PM
Post #37

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi ccgirl, I wanted to comment re: treehugger's comment about dying white tights -- I know a lot of people dye bleached hair and raw wool with Kool-Aid; maybe that could be a low cost option for wacky color tights?

But -- sorry to hear about your break up, and other stressors. If you're not feeling it just be a witch in black jeans and say f- it?

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Oct 25 2009, 08:11 PM
Post #38

Hardcore BUSTie

It's a combo of a few things. My job has me extremely busy, plus I have an essay due the Wednesday after Halloween. And in addition to that I just broke up with my bf yesterday so overall I'm feeling kind of drained.

Also, I'm just having trouble getting into the Halloween spirit this year. Maybe I need to watch Charlie Brown.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Oct 25 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #39

Maybe you're just saving your energy up for xmas? It's right around the corner you know (yikes!)...

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Oct 25 2009, 10:17 AM
Post #40

Hardcore BUSTie

I suppose I could. However, with the state I'm in right now I'm just not feeling like putting much effort into anything.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 22, 2014 - 04:43 AM