271 Pages V  « < 165 166 167 168 169 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
anitsirhc
post Jun 8 2007, 07:35 AM
Post #3321

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(bvgirl @ Jun 8 2007, 07:12 AM) *
Hello, Ladies laugh.gif .....I must say that even though it seems to me that many of us(I myself have had many ill informed doctors) have been and or dealing with ill informed doctors...At least we are getting this information out in the open and passing it along basically exposing the real truth about clindamycin. I too was prescribed it more than once by my doctor. More power to us to be informed and stay informed...

i just wish i could have been more informed before she gave it to me. now whenever i get a prescription for ANYTHING i do research about it online first. and i just wish i did that before all this happened, but i guess you learn from your mistakes. it's just very frustrating.

and what are the symptoms of strep vaginitis? do doctors not even know when we have it? like are they diagnosing us with bv when really we have strep??? or is it not the same at all...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Jun 8 2007, 04:55 AM
Post #3322

BUSTie

Hello, Ladies laugh.gif .....I must say that even though it seems to me that many of us(I myself have had many ill informed doctors) have been and or dealing with ill informed doctors...At least we are getting this information out in the open and passing it along basically exposing the real truth about clindamycin. I too was prescribed it more than once by my doctor. More power to us to be informed and stay informed...

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
lori
post Jun 8 2007, 01:57 AM
Post #3323

Hardcore BUSTie

Okay, now that I'm convinced Clindamycin is in fact evil ... have any of you read this book?

http://www.amazon.com/Book-Doctors-Complet...9742&sr=1-1

I was doing some further research on strep vaginitis, and on pp.240-241 (click on "Search Inside" and type in "strep" - I can't provide a direct link) of this book it says that Clindamycin causes the overgrowth! The previous link by CanCan said it can be caused by flagyl and clindamycin cream (e.g., clindesse), but not Clindamycin oral.

Bah, so confusing.

Anyway, I remember at least one member in this thread (from many pages back) who said that the doctor checked their discharge and found a whole lot of white blood cells, but not a lot of of the usual bacteria, and the doctor didn't know what the hell it was - well, according to this book, it's strep vaginitis! It can't really be diagnosed by a culture, because healthy people can have it. And you need to treat it with 10 days of amoxicillin. 10 days! Which causes yeast infections!

I don't know why there's so little info. on strep vaginitis out there, and why we didn't all know about it. According to this book, it's not very dangerous (thank goodness for that) but it does need to be treated.

I went ahead and ordered this book for myself. I thought it would be a good reference. Just wanted to share what I learned.

--------------------

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jun 7 2007, 11:58 PM
Post #3324

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(babs @ Jun 8 2007, 01:05 AM) *
Have any of you tried any of these products? I have not seen many of them on Lori's blog, so I am curious to know if anyone hasx tried any of these, and if so, what has/has not worked?

http://www.rockwellnutrition.com/BV+Protoc...+12)~~1208.html

i linked that site a while ago. i'm using yeast arrest right now, i was thinking about trying the things suggested on that site but there's just too many and they're too expensive. so i'm just using yeast arrest and fem dophilus. which seems to be working so far.

all this reading about clindesse is making me really upset. the first time i was diagnosed with bv my doctor gave me clindesse. and then i went back cause i had a yeast infection but she told me it wasn't a yeast infection (even though it was which i found out when i went back a 3rd time) but she said i still had the bv, without even checking by the way, so she gave me another clindesse. so i used it 2 times in a row. i feel like crying. it makes me so upset that i've been dealing with this almost a year and it could have been gone by now but it's not because of a stupid doctor that didn't know what she was doing. that doctor was gone by the 4th time i went back there anyway, she probably got fired.

+Quote Post
babs
post Jun 7 2007, 10:48 PM
Post #3325

Have any of you tried any of these products? I have not seen many of them on Lori's blog, so I am curious to know if anyone hasx tried any of these, and if so, what has/has not worked?

http://www.rockwellnutrition.com/BV+Protoc...+12)~~1208.html

+Quote Post
cinderflower
post Jun 7 2007, 08:55 PM
Post #3326

BUSTie

girls, girls, relax.

vaginitis = the inflammation
vaginosis = the condition

vaginitis can be caused by vaginosis, or an std like chlamydia or trichomoniasis or gonorrhea, or some other things. the vaginosis is a subcategory which has its own subcategories of causes.

the following website clarifies the difference relatively well, but skip down to the bv heading to read about treatments, etc.

http://depts.washington.edu/nnptc/core_tra...initis_2004.pdf

--------------------
There are more seams to me than there seem to be. ~me, circa 2001.

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Jun 7 2007, 07:33 PM
Post #3327

BUSTie

Gosh I'm really scared now. I don't know what to think or what to do, hell i don't even know what I have anymore. Am I wasting my time and money on something I dont have? A two month regiment and then no results will be completely disappointing... I've been on boric acid for a week now but still have smell. no discharge. I'm waiting for my period to end to see what happens, it's hard to tell when I'm on my period whats going on and what is what. I'm scared that I'll lose my liver and die now...

is it osis or itis? *sigh* or just estrogen?

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 7 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #3328

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 7 2007, 04:25 PM) *
I will find out Thursday whether I need treated with hormones (estrogen) or both my partner and I with an antibotic that I have never been on, nor has he been treated ever for this. I was wrongly diagnosed and I have a very STRONG feeling that most of us here have been as well.....A wiff test?

This bullshit was caused by insurance companies not wanting doctors to do any cultures. And dumbass doctors.!!

I have already been tested for STD's by the way. NONE.

The doctor I choose has "been around the block" and back a few times. I'm confident he knows what he's talking about.

Hopefully, it hasn't got so severe that it can be managed..or I will be getting myself an attorney. If it's hormonal, I'm sure it might take a while to get it balanced out. Hopefully, it hasn't caused any liver damage.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 7 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #3329

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CanCan @ Jun 7 2007, 03:12 PM) *
It's kind of like saying 'a bluejay is a bird, but not all birds are blue jays'. There are numerous types of vaginitis: yeast infections, bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis (vaginitis caused by trichomonas vaginalis, a protozoan), chlamydia. And whatever else.... I'm sure there are numerous other ones. So he's not really saying anything. He's just saying he doesn't know what kind of vaginitis you have. He is telling you that you don't have bacterial vaginosis, but he actually hasn't told you what you have yet. I guess he did testing on you, and is waiting for those test results to come back?

I will find out Thursday whether I need treated with hormones (estrogen) or both my partner and I with an antibotic that I have never been on, nor has he been treated ever for this. I was wrongly diagnosed and I have a very STRONG feeling that most of us here have been as well.....A wiff test?

This bullshit was caused by insurance companies not wanting doctors to do any cultures. And dumbass doctors.!!

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jun 7 2007, 02:22 PM
Post #3330

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 6 2007, 05:18 PM) *
Good afternoon everyone,

This is just an idea....but it would be nice if we all made a "blog" and listed what we have tried..for how long...what symtoms you experience..how long you have dealing with bv..tell a joke..tell something about yourself..That way when any of us have time to do research..we have references to look at.. Sassy have you or Jewels ever tried "b" injections? If so, for how long?

This is probably a good idea. To document everything in a concise way. But don't know how to do a 'blog'. Didn't Lori do a blog already? Can't we somehow link it, or put it together as a page of that blog?

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jun 7 2007, 02:10 PM
Post #3331

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ Jun 7 2007, 02:24 AM) *
The Clindesse was my first round of treatment and only made my symptoms worse. This explains why. It gave me the E. Coli over growth. I swear, the more I read about that stuff the more I hate it.

If you read the small print insert that comes in the Clindamycin box, you will see that the company (Clindesse for me) clearly states that success rate for using their cream. It's hard to understand their jargon, because we aren't doctors, but the bottom line is that the numbers are all low. The company is going to put their highest and best numbers in their literature. The 3 charts state the 'Efficacy of Clindesse', and none of the numbers of percentage cure go over 64.3%. Cure in tests range from 29.5% to 64.3%. That means that all of us clearly were not in that range. We were not cured by it, so we were part of the 1/3 to 3/4's of all women that didn't kill it off - meaning that it would adapt and would grow back stronger. That is a pretty bad success rate.

What this really means is two things:
a) we are naive and trust doctors and pharmaceutical companies for no good reason.
b) if one of us figures out a cure, we should keep it under wraps, market it, sell it, and make a shit-load of money.

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jun 7 2007, 01:55 PM
Post #3332

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 7 2007, 01:01 PM) *
Hello everyone,
My doctor finally called me back, and what he said I have is vaginitis not vagnosis? What the hell? I have the fish funk (just not right now). I did a little reading about it, and well, I'm even more scared....possible liver damage if left untreated??? I hope not. I go in to see him to go over my tests on thursday.

Please don't make me move to another board cause I have itis and not osis. lol

It's kind of like saying 'a bluejay is a bird, but not all birds are blue jays'. There are numerous types of vaginitis: yeast infections, bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis (vaginitis caused by trichomonas vaginalis, a protozoan), chlamydia. And whatever else.... I'm sure there are numerous other ones. So he's not really saying anything. He's just saying he doesn't know what kind of vaginitis you have. He is telling you that you don't have bacterial vaginosis, but he actually hasn't told you what you have yet. I guess he did testing on you, and is waiting for those test results to come back?

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 7 2007, 01:41 PM
Post #3333

Hardcore BUSTie

or type in this guy and see what he says about how easy it is for doctors to make a wrong diagnosis. drbenkim. he said that we should be on different medicine (both partners) or it might be hormones but can be treated with estrogen.

I knew God would.. at least... sort this out for us.

+Quote Post
Miamigirl
post Jun 7 2007, 01:19 PM
Post #3334

QUOTE(sassy @ Jun 7 2007, 01:27 PM) *
What is the difference between the two?

Try this link

http://bacterialvaginosisrecurrent.com/bac..._infection.html

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 7 2007, 11:25 AM
Post #3335

Hardcore BUSTie

o yeah ladies, men can pass vaginitis back to us!!

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 7 2007, 11:17 AM
Post #3336

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Jun 7 2007, 12:27 PM) *

Everyone find yourselfs a doctor who knows his ass from a whole the fucking ground and make sure this is not what you have!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope everyone's livers are ok.

I don't really know Sassy, but I'm scared for some of us here.....your liver can regenerate itself but only up to a certain point.

I wish I wasn't such a dumb ass and knew how to pull links!

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jun 7 2007, 11:10 AM
Post #3337

Hardcore BUSTie

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 7 2007, 10:44 AM
Post #3338

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello everyone,
My doctor finally called me back, and what he said I have is vaginitis not vagnosis? What the hell? I have the fish funk (just not right now). I did a little reading about it, and well, I'm even more scared....possible liver damage if left untreated??? I hope not. I go in to see him to go over my tests on thursday.

Please don't make me move to another board cause I have itis and not osis. lol

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 7 2007, 09:33 AM
Post #3339

Hardcore BUSTie

Ok ladies, I'm still doing my research on estrogen and why it has worked so well for at least 3 people on this board. I found something interesting that one of the other girls talked about.

I found this:http://abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/102865/

Re: bacterial vaginosis again From jap420 [Log on to view profile] on 2007-02-04
I had been suffering from BV for a number of years. I finally got some relief when i began a birth control regimine. It is called NUVARING and has made all my symptoms go away. I have tried everything the doctor has prescribed and I have taken the Lactobilli pills and yogurts but nothing worked except for the nuvaring. Here is an exerpt from an obgyn website...
Some women using the NuvaRing® for contraception have also noticed an increase in normal vaginal discharge. This is likely due to the local presence of hormones that allows for optimal development of the good bacteria lactobacilli, which contributes to a healthy vaginal ecosystem by combating the overgrowth of yeast and offensive bacteria.
It has done wonders for my self esteem...If all else fails, I suggest you try it. It is the only consistent remedy I have been using for the past year and I have no symptoms. Real easy to use too. Just leave it in place for three weeks and take it out for one...it's not a daily hassle.

Good Luck
I think what we all have/had is atrophic vag or hormonal vag.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jun 7 2007, 07:24 AM
Post #3340

Hardcore BUSTie

Lori: I wonder if you could find a e-mail or physical address for that doctor? I would really be interested in sending a letter to someone on the things we've tried...especially someone who has expertise in the area.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 165 166 167 168 169 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 27, 2014 - 01:43 PM