Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
bvgirl
post Apr 16 2007, 06:01 AM
Post #3981

BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ Apr 15 2007, 11:49 PM) *
http://www.gutflora.org/hs-news.php?id=117

Read that. I bought some of the Primadophilus Reuteri Pearls by Nature's Way from Vitacost. But I don't think it has the same strains of Rhamnosus and Reuteri that the Jarrow Fem dophilus has. Its just that the Fem dophilus is so much more expensive. 15 bucks for 30 caps. The Primadophilus was about $18 for 60.

I also wanted to add, that I've been on this Clindesse for 5 days now and for the first time in my life I'm detecting a faint fishy odor. Is this supposed to happen? Are antibiotics known to make things worse?!

Hello Morphia

I have been using the Primadophilus Bifidus which has 5 billion live organisims ( I believe they suggest that we take 2 billion on up) so 5 billion is good. I am not familiar with the Primadophilus Reuteri and since it costs more maybe because it contains a much higher count of live organisims. Just make sure it is enteric coated.
Also, I am not too familiar with Clindesse but I know for a fact that antibiotics are known to destroy the good bacteria which then makes the bad bacteria multiply causing ph problems/bv/yeast infections. That is why they suggest that whenever you take any antibiotic you should take acidophilus. I perfer the Primadophilus because of the higher live organism count. I paid $22 for a 90 count bottle. Just make sure you read the labels and if I were you I would not spend money on products that have less than 2 billion and are not enteric coated. If you are like me I prefer the potent stuff. I am still researching other products so I am still in the infancy stage with all this information. I have been taking yeast arrest and it has been working GREAT.. Also, I continue to drink lots of water each day. I got information from a fellow friend on here about acidic vaginal jelly how it has helped out many with bv. So just keep on reading this board and when I find out new information and or about a product I will post it here. I will also keep you updated on my bv and so far no smell since I started the yeast arrest. So hang in there Clindesse is not the only product if it is not working for you there is lots more we just have to go through this trial and error process...

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NotCatEyed
post Apr 16 2007, 02:40 AM
Post #3982

hey ladies,
After weeks more of waiting and HP rinses, the flagyl arrived and I inserted some last night before bed. I felt good, positive, hopeful. But then I had a teeny tiny drink tonight, and right away I spent a half hour on the toilet. Lovely, really, especially with a house full of guests over. How embarrassing!? I still feel hella queezy and terrible. ugh. So I think I'll hold off on a second dose until tomorrow.

I just wanted to reiterate my pain so no one else makes the same stupid move. No drinking/drugs + these evil antibiotics. I mean I was really miserable for hours and I'm worried I may have screwed more up down there. I will relay the results of the flagyl, if i can recover and try again after 24 hrs.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Apr 15 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #3983

Hardcore BUSTie

http://www.gutflora.org/hs-news.php?id=117

Read that. I bought some of the Primadophilus Reuteri Pearls by Nature's Way from Vitacost. But I don't think it has the same strains of Rhamnosus and Reuteri that the Jarrow Fem dophilus has. Its just that the Fem dophilus is so much more expensive. 15 bucks for 30 caps. The Primadophilus was about $18 for 60.

I also wanted to add, that I've been on this Clindesse for 5 days now and for the first time in my life I'm detecting a faint fishy odor. Is this supposed to happen? Are antibiotics known to make things worse?!

+Quote Post
BubbaLove
post Apr 15 2007, 10:09 PM
Post #3984

Yes I did feel the leakage. It took a while for the cream to clear out completely.. I was beginning to get scared of it.. thinking I should clea it out myself lol. But I didn't.

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Apr 15 2007, 08:36 PM
Post #3985

BUSTie

QUOTE(persona36 @ Apr 15 2007, 08:57 PM) *
bv, where did u buy the yeast arrest from? i got mine from tao of herbs?

I have been on that site you bought yours from but since I was so very anxious to try it out I got it from a local health food store. The owner told me that the maker of yeast arrest is a woman who has a line of many other products to cater to our needs.

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
persona36
post Apr 15 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #3986

BUSTie

bv, where did u buy the yeast arrest from? i got mine from tao of herbs?

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Apr 15 2007, 03:18 PM
Post #3987

BUSTie

Just to let all who are using the yeast arrest I got more directions from this website:(scroll down the page)
http://www.rockwellnutrition.net/Yeast-Arr...s_p_86-393.html
about how to use yeast arrest after the initial two weeks. It also is more informative than the directions found in the bottle. Just passing on some info..

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
cajungirl
post Apr 15 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #3988

QUOTE(justanothergirl @ Apr 10 2007, 03:36 PM) *
thank you neverending, well then obviously its not good advice for me to tell anyone else to use douche....just i cant find anything that works either..but when I use that..it temporarily takes the smell away...I used it 5 days ago..and have not had the smell since..it WILL return..and very soon..but those 5 days without..im grateful for....the way I think of it..is that its the discharge that is causing the order...so if you clean/rinse out the discharge..u get a break from the smell for a bit..until it has time for more to accumulate. (stupid sounding im sure...) but in my case it provides a few days relief. Until i find a cure for it.
Thank you for the welcome thou....been here for a long time..just been silent ...might go back to that lol so i dont give bad advice smile.gif

hi justanothergirl,

May I ask what you douche with? Maybe each formula is different...

+Quote Post
deprime
post Apr 15 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #3989

BUSTie

More Googling: the Odor Steeler. Apparently the chefs at Zabar's are nuts about it. (And judging from their lovely fish counter, they would know!)

<3
Deprime

+Quote Post
deprime
post Apr 15 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #3990

BUSTie

Hey gals, I was Googling around and I found this article:

http://www.mcg.edu/news/2005NewsRel/Ferris.html

Seems interesting. Anyone know of this stainless steel thing they're speaking of? And if so, if such a thing can be purchased? It couldn't hurt...

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Apr 15 2007, 08:27 AM
Post #3991

BUSTie

QUOTE(sciongal @ Apr 15 2007, 05:16 AM) *
Hi gals, Iremember somewhere, don't remember where)reading that the onion-y or garlic-y smell is from the good bacteria taking over and that it's not the bv.

Well of course our vagina does have a smell to it and that is considered to be normal. I guess only when it has a foul smell then that is when we need to be alarmed. As far as the good bacteria taking over and it emits a garlic smell that would be something I would do more research on and since our bodies are different that may just be your normal smell. Getting to know your normal smell and when it is not normal is an ongoing process. If you are like me I am constantly smelling myself down there making sure I know exactly when and or if the foul smell comes back.

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
sciongal
post Apr 15 2007, 03:59 AM
Post #3992

BUSTie

Hi gals, Iremember somewhere, don't remember where)reading that the onion-y or garlic-y smell is from the good bacteria taking over and that it's not the bv.

+Quote Post
persona36
post Apr 14 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #3993

BUSTie

another new format, least its like the old one!
I didnt want to jinx it, but my birthday was saturday and the whole day went on no symptoms odors or anything! thank god first one in 5 years where it was fun to be out with my man and friends!

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Apr 14 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #3994

BUSTie

QUOTE(persona36 @ Apr 14 2007, 11:55 AM) *
I will have to agree on that! I have been using the yeast arrest also in efforts to fight this and it seems to be working for me. After like 2 days the symptoms were fading and now i find they are nearly gone not even a full week into the process. Lets hope this helps others if they try it and myself.

Great to hear that yeast arrest is working for you too.. laugh.gif laugh.gif This is my second week using it and still no smell. Just after one suppository the smell disappeared. So I am very happy it is working great and happy for you and all who find relief in this product. I hope it lasts. laugh.gif Either way I will continue to use it and if you read the insert inside it says that after the second week,we should continue to use it only during our menstrual and repeat this for 4-5 months or 4-5 menstrual cycles.. If I am not mistaken.

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
deprime
post Apr 14 2007, 10:51 AM
Post #3995

BUSTie

PG: I have that oniony smell too! Blah. I'm glad that you had success with the Estroil.

So... I've been inserted a 500mg flagyl every night (for about 9 nights now), and I still have the BV. I'm going to keep using it until this bottle runs out... this thing HAS to go.

It's funny though... no yeast infection whatsoever. Still the BV; it's been oniony for a while now. Also, I haven't had sex since I've started using the pills... oy. We'll see.

+Quote Post
persona36
post Apr 14 2007, 10:38 AM
Post #3996

BUSTie

I will have to agree on that! I have been using the yeast arrest also in efforts to fight this and it seems to be working for me. After like 2 days the symptoms were fading and now i find they are nearly gone not even a full week into the process. Lets hope this helps others if they try it and myself.

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Apr 14 2007, 09:59 AM
Post #3997

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey Ladies,

I still have no smell. I just wanted to say that I try not to wear underwear and opt to wear dresses and skirts as opposed to pants / jeans. It is true we need to let down there breathe smile.gif and I do find it far easier to see if the smell has come back or if there was a smell. Last summer I wore lots of dresses and I used to smell sweat on occasion like an oniony smell. I thought my BV was clear because it wasnt the fishy/sea smell but it wasnt it was just a different smell.

Anyway I just wanted to share that I try not to wear underwear with my dresses and skirts (unless the day or even calls for underwear i.e. business meeting or a windy day).

Thanks,

PG

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Apr 14 2007, 08:07 AM
Post #3998

BUSTie

I have to say that wearing no underwear at all (of course not during my menstrual)( and since I have not had any smell for two weeks) has been working for me because I will be able to smell the odor right away if and when it comes back. It somewhat helps in monitoring when the smell down there becomes strong. Of course you can smell it with underwear on but when you are having good days and what you are using has been working it gives you some freedom and much much needed air down there. Also,I have learned not to use any deodorant pads and or pantiliners the fragrance can and will irritate and cause problems. So,if you are wearing the deodorant pads and using sprays and you have the smell down there discontinue using these products and see if the smell clears up because irritants can also bring about the foul smell.

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Apr 14 2007, 02:47 AM
Post #3999

Hardcore BUSTie

Here's a little piece of info that I just found. "Use 100% cotton folded cloth during your periods and not pads or tampons." Apparently it worked for two women that I know of. The lady also mentioned not wearing underwear at night but that has already been mentioned here.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Apr 14 2007, 12:16 AM
Post #4000

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(BubbaLove @ Apr 13 2007, 08:49 AM) *
Well just to update everyone, after using the one dosage of Clindesse cream, I still have not gotten the smelly discharge, however my clear regular discharge kind of has a faint cat food smell.. lol cat food is all I think of when I smell it. Is this a normal smell??? It's like sweat mixed with faint cat food.. blink.gif

Hey, Bubba. After you used the Clindesse did you notice a fair amount of leakage the first 3 days? The first day especially. Every time I went to the bathroom I could hear it plopping into the toilet. Today is day 4 and I haven't noticed any leakage at all.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 198 199 200 201 202 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 25, 2014 - 05:29 PM