The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 186 187 188 189 190 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
starship
post Jan 27 2008, 03:49 PM
Post #3741

Hardcore BUSTie

wow, she's a stunner!
I love seeing people in the celeb world with body types I can relate to. Unfortunately it's usually ruined by comments from people around me. I remember discussing Keira Knightly with a friend and her saying she didn't understand why someone with that much money hadn't got a boob job yet. As though it was some mandatory operation for anyone with small breasts! I think the ones who don't sucuumb have way more balls and deserve more respect and admiration than all of those weak silicone-filled bimbos. I think shows like Frasier etc want to portray more realistic characters which is why the women aren't the stereotypical hollywood type- and that's how it should be! The women who we get thrust in our face as role models don't vary enough. There should be women with different shapes/sizes/colours/quirks in the media
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Jan 27 2008, 11:46 AM
Post #3742

Hardcore BUSTie

ps. i love how yoanna from amernextopmodel is so shameless with her form. she says she used to be overweight and so she had to develop a thick skin. i can dig it.

--------------------
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Jan 27 2008, 10:12 AM
Post #3743

Hardcore BUSTie

Have any of you noticed how both frasier and will & grace have average looking, quirky, liberated women as their main characters? I think that's pretty cool. I've often felt the reason for this is due to the fact that the show topics are a bit more sophisticated than the norm, which targets a different audience: an audience of thinking individuals. This observation further solidifies my idea that in the thinking world, typical and overt sex appeal really are more offensive than anything else.

--------------------
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Jan 19 2008, 11:40 PM
Post #3744

Hardcore BUSTie

Sorry you last that awesomely done post, Starship... but congrats on your breakthough though... i am working on it...

I am WOMAN, hear me roar DAMMIT! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
starship
post Jan 19 2008, 11:29 AM
Post #3745

Hardcore BUSTie

Argh a fab and articulate post just got eaten somehow so apologies if its replacement is a bit rushed.
It basically said that I understand about feeling unwomanly or inferior...butttt....today i had a bit of a breakthrough:)..I looked at my body as a whole rather than just concentraiting on the 'bad' bits in isolation if that makes sense and i even found myself thinking that my boobs actually look kinda cute. May sound weird but it's something that- thinking about it- I've never really done. Sure, i have plenty of imperfections but there's also some good parts that in a way balance it all out. For example, I'm sure many of you here like me are far more blessed in the derriere department than many of our bustier friends wink.gif. I think nowadays with it being so accepted and humdrum surgery is something that seems tempting to most of us at times. But we're all intelligent enough to know deep down that despite large breasts being the 'in thing' being small does not make us any less sexy, womanly or significant. Once again- I love this thread! Helps me keep things in perspective smile.gif

Celebs that haven't succumbed- yay!

now I'm going to go sulk over my deleted post...

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Jan 17 2008, 07:36 AM
Post #3746

Hardcore BUSTie

Knorl05, you are sooooooooooooo right! I cannot tell you how much some of the posts on this board has helped change my perspective. I guess i am slowly getting there. It certainly does not make it any easier being a teenager though! I get teased a lot...

I don't think i would like to have breast implants either. I definitely do not want large breasts because they would not look right on my small frame, but having SOME breasts would be nice... you know a little something to show people that I HAVE hit puberty? rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Jan 15 2008, 03:26 PM
Post #3747

Hardcore BUSTie

Cant stress enough how amazing I think all of you are! I really value your perspectives, independent of those about breasts. I've noticed, sure, we all share this unique struggle to validate our womanhood and attractiveness against the bourgeois views of society, but what's really great about this thread is that it gives us a format in which to deconstruct our own beliefs about beauty, body type, and sexuality.

I know for myself, that yes Kerabear, I have also felt unwomanly, undesirable, wrong, and otherwise inferior compared to the apparent feminine ideal. But the truth is, it's complete crap. The feminine ideal of today, varies from the feminine ideals throughout time. It seems to me, individual beliefs are influenced heavily by the whole of society, and I think that we need to keep in mind all that matters when it comes to beauty and aesthetics, is our own personal opinion of these things. AKA, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I wont lie, still to this day, I think my life would be "easier" if I had larger breasts. I think I would have more opportunities, that I would receive more acceptance from men and women alike, that I wouldnt have so many issues and hang ups about my body.... but the truth of the matter is, getting implants goes against my values, and they would do nothing to actually create anything real or substantial in my life. Meaning, that yes, breast implants may provide certain advantages, but for the life I would like to live, those advantages would serve as a complication or distraction more than anything else. Just as edie52 pointed out, "Girls with big breasts probably get ten times as much attention. I can't say it's the type of attention I want to have."

--------------------
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Jan 14 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #3748

Hardcore BUSTie

I think part of the problem is i feel like because since i have like zero breasts i am less of a woman, you know? I know that isn't true but that is sort of how i feel. My little sis also started her period before I did. i eventually started but it wasn't until a year after she did. People were making a big deal out of it. It was a terrible feeling!

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Jan 14 2008, 10:09 PM
Post #3749

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Jan 13 2008, 03:22 PM) *
Kerabear, hang in there. I developed early--got my period at barely 12--but never developed the breasts beyond an A cup. So actually no one even knew I was so <ahem> "mature." Don't be surprised if you see me shopping for bras in "your" section of Target someday. wink.gif I know it's easier to say than to truly absorb, but try not to obsess over the size of your breasts or anything else on your body. These are great years ahead of you, yours to spend on yourself, developing your great mind, using the phenomenal machine that is your body to do sports, be active, etc. The size/shape of our breasts, butt, nose, etc--all sorts of things--really have nothing to do with being a whole human.

I do suggest somthing to you, though. I mention it way back in some post of mine, but it bears repeating: Be on the lookout for pics of small-busted, attractive women (celebrities or others) on the web or magazines, whatever. They are rare, but out there. Make a collage of these photos and display it somewhere--in your bedroom, maybe. Every day we are bombarded with busty, leggy, "perfect" images of what women "should" look like. Your collage should help counteract all the other garbage you see daily and help affirm that you are every bit as hot as those in your collage. Hope that helps, and welcome, little sistah!!

Thanks for the encouragement Karategrrl. I am trying to learn to love my body. Perhaps it will just take a while. I guess i am just holding out hope for a late growth spurt you know? smile.gif Your pics idea was good too. Unfortunately the celebrity with the closest figure to mine is Dakota Fanning! dry.gif

+Quote Post
edie52
post Jan 13 2008, 03:47 PM
Post #3750

Hardcore BUSTie

Whoa, this thread has been HAPPENING while I've been away! smile.gif

I love the idea of a small-boobed hottie collage. I haven't made one, but I have a mental one... if I'm feeling down, I just think of Claire Danes, Kate Hudson, Selma Blair, Milla Jovovich. Or Charlotte Gainsbourg (who people have told me I look like)- I love the part in the Science of Sleep, when the male character says "I love your boobs. I think they are friendly and unpretentious. I hope I get to see them one day."

My boyfriend has said many times that he loves my boobs... and they are really, really small. And I have fought to like them for the past 10 years. I don't know if he is a breast man or what... they are the things he pays the most attention to, probably in part because it turns me on so much to have them played with... but if he is, he likes small ones, or most likely, he likes the whole package and the person they are attached to. I haven't asked him because he'd most likely be insulted by the question... I mean, I know he has a type, usually dark haired and slender, I know he likes breasts (whether it's just small ones or big ones too I haven't asked, there's no need for me to know that, as I know what kind I have) as well as other parts of the female anatomy. I like tall guys with light brown hair and big hands, but I've dated guys who were nothing like my usual type. I've also dated guys who were my type physically who turned out to be asshats.

Anytime I've been hit on by a random guy because of a body part it's usually a leg man. Girls with big breasts probably get ten times as much attention. I can't say it's the type of attention I want to have. It may stroke the ego, but it's nothing compared to someone who knows you and loves you for more than a part of your body (or two).

All that being said, I still struggle with this. I recently had to wear a rented bathing suit (I wanted to go to a historical bathhouse and didn't have my suit with me) which turned out to be a one piece speedo type thing. I felt like an awkward 12 year old all over again. My boyfriend said I looked fine, but I had a hard time believing that I looked alright next to a bunch of bodacious girls in bikinis. Luckily there were more saggy, old eastern european women than bodacious hotties.

+Quote Post
starship
post Jan 13 2008, 02:23 PM
Post #3751

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Jan 13 2008, 08:22 PM) *
I do suggest somthing to you, though. I mention it way back in some post of mine, but it bears repeating: Be on the lookout for pics of small-busted, attractive women (celebrities or others) on the web or magazines, whatever. They are rare, but out there. Make a collage of these photos and display it somewhere--in your bedroom, maybe. Every day we are bombarded with busty, leggy, "perfect" images of what women "should" look like. Your collage should help counteract all the other garbage you see daily and help affirm that you are every bit as hot as those in your collage. Hope that helps, and welcome, little sistah!!

I second that advice! I have a save any pictures i come across and it really does work when you're having one of those days...

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Jan 13 2008, 02:05 PM
Post #3752

Hardcore BUSTie

Knorl, my Goddess, what a fantastic post that last one was!!!!

Yes, everyone doesn't like something about themselves. Sometimes I wish we'd all realize what the fuck are we all doing to ourselves and collectively say "The hell with it!" to the cosmetic surgery, tit jobs, butt lifts, body judging, self-loathing, and all that shit. All it does is make us all fucking miserable.

I can certainly relate to the comments about thinness. On at least a weekly basic, I get the "I hate you, you're so skinny" comments, the sideways contemptuous looks from female coworkers, etc. If I were heavy, would strangers/ acquaintances feel free to say these things? Makes you wonder. My mom isn't in the greatest shape, mostly due to her sedentary lifestyle. I also work in the health field so I have a good idea of what obesity can do to you. I pretty much bust my ass staying healthy and fit, and people assume "I'm just built that way." Sorry, not to get off-topic, but yeah, I can relate to the unsolicited comments. Why is it tasteless to say something to someone's face about having large breasts or a large body, but it's pefectly okay to do so about small breasts/body?

Kerabear, hang in there. I developed early--got my period at barely 12--but never developed the breasts beyond an A cup. So actually no one even knew I was so <ahem> "mature." Don't be surprised if you see me shopping for bras in "your" section of Target someday. wink.gif I know it's easier to say than to truly absorb, but try not to obsess over the size of your breasts or anything else on your body. These are great years ahead of you, yours to spend on yourself, developing your great mind, using the phenomenal machine that is your body to do sports, be active, etc. The size/shape of our breasts, butt, nose, etc--all sorts of things--really have nothing to do with being a whole human.

+Quote Post
starship
post Jan 12 2008, 08:51 AM
Post #3753

Hardcore BUSTie

hi kerabear. I understand exactly how you feel as lots of my family (including younger ones) have big boobs. It's hard but I just try not to compare myself and to think of all the features I have that they'd love. I'm almost 20 though and I'd say my body did most of it's filling out only during the last few years so you've definately got plenty of time. You sound very petite so I'm sure you'll end up perfectly proportioned smile.gif x

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Jan 12 2008, 02:00 AM
Post #3754

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi everybody. Lately i have been feeling pretty down about my flat chest so i did a search for "small breasts support"... and here i am! I am 15 years old and don't have breasts yet. Well okay i do but i am still in a training bra. I am also short, like 5'2'' and about 95 pounds. What bothers me the most is that my little sister got boobs before me. No joke! She is already up to an A cup and she is 12! Do you know what it is like having your younger sister get her first bra before you do? sad.gif It's hard enough watching all the girls in my class getting boobs and hips. Anyways, i know i am stilll young and probably just a late bloomer and i still have plenty of time to grow, and all that stuff. But still... thanks for letting me vent!

+Quote Post
anarch
post Jan 11 2008, 02:58 PM
Post #3755

Hardcore BUSTie

if we live according to our own beliefs and surround ourselves with people who share our beliefs, then we are going to be that much happier with ourselves

Hear, hear!

It's been a long journey for me, from being negative about myself to being positive. I didn't realize how strongly reinforcing it is to be around people who picked apart their own and other women's appearances. It just seemed normal, and I joined in. Once I started hanging out with women who didn't do that shit, and men too (though IME most men didn't mature to that point until I and they were at leaset 30), I could see and feel the drag created by hanging out with my old crowd. I still feel it in myself, when I'm with people who are much more positive and together and upbeat, and that's ok, because it shows me where I still need to put some work in to becmoe the person I want to be. Thank cod for my friends and women like you all, who are trying to move forward. It's soul-destroying to feel like you're the only one swimming against the tide.

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Jan 11 2008, 02:03 PM
Post #3756

Hardcore BUSTie

!!! mad.gif !!!

seriously. makes me remember what it used to be like to surround myself with less sympathetic, and more immature women than i do now. working in a strip club was an interesting experience... it helped and hurt the cause. helped to see that women come in all shapes and sizes and that they are beautiful as themselves. hurt because so many women in the industry end up getting their tits done to make more money and become that 'fantasy' that guys go to strip clubs to see.

here's what i've come to learn being an attractive woman with curves, and small breasts. a.) most women have issues with their bodies. b.) no woman is "perfect". c.)we dont give men enough credit when it comes to their attraction to us.. they really arent all neanderthals who drool over boobies. d.) many women are not willing or able to see point c due to point a. e.) if you want people to accept you for whom you are, you need to accept yourself.

i think if more people had the insight to see that perpetuating misconceptions about our bodies is more damaging to themselves than to others, i believe they would be more willing to see beyond their petty concerns. if we want to attract empowered people into our lives, we must be empowered ourselves. if we dont, if we would like to remain in a programmed state, then we shouldnt attempt to question our inferences about life.

i'm angry because i have heard more damaging comments from women than from men. it is true that women think it's entirely acceptable to dog on skinny women or women with smaller breasts, over women who are overweight. ... unfortunately. ..

... but what i've come to realize is that if women were happy and comfortable with themselves, they wouldnt feel the need to attempt to make other women feel bad about themselves or their bodies. if a woman has the intellect and ability to see beyond appearances, she wouldnt give two shits whether or not another woman is more or less attractive than herself. so i just see it that there are ignorant people in the world... and what makes an individual typical rests in their typicality. this is how most people are... and so if we live according to our own beliefs and surround ourselves with people who share our beliefs, then we are going to be that much happier with ourselves.

--------------------
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
starkitty
post Jan 11 2008, 01:29 PM
Post #3757

BUSTie

Sorry, ladies, I'm totally trespassing in your thread. I mostly post in the large-breast support thread, but I lurk in here from time to time because I have a really good friend who obsesses about her small breasts a lot (she's actually quite pretty, and I wish she would think so too), and I try to find things to tell her.

Anyway, that last comment about the friend with the 32E's inspired me to de-lurk for one minute and post. Did you ever think she might be a bit jealous? Honestly, that's around my size, and it pretty much sucks. I mean, yeah, you get attention from guys sometimes, but it's pretty much impossible to buy bras and sales people often sneer at you or basically refuse to help you because it's too much trouble. (Especially at Victoria's Secret *shudder*) I've often wished for smaller breasts or thought about getting a reduction, but ultimately decided not to because it just wouldn't feel like me.

And if that's not what's up, then she's incredibly insensitive, but not everyone is. And as someone who is dating a self-professed 'leg-man', he really is way more interested in my legs than my boobs, even though they're big. So those guys really do exist. And personally, I usually fall for girls with small breasts. *shrug*

I hope that helped a little bit, and now I will go back to the aforementioned lurking. Although if anyone has any ideas for what I can tell or show my friend, that would be awesome, because she's always talking to me about this, and I never really know what to say, aside from the above.

+Quote Post
starship
post Jan 11 2008, 10:18 AM
Post #3758

Hardcore BUSTie

haha smoobs
I totally agree lotus, nobody with any manners whatsoever would dream of commenting how fat someone was yet i get people who i barely know all the time saying things like 'wow, you're so skinny'. Not even slim or anything remotely flattering but 'skinny'. I'd love to be curvier and more voluptous so for me it's equally as hurtful as being called fat. I always go quiet in conversations with friends about how much weight they've put on and how they should diet and so-on because if i do say what i think i get looked at like the latest asylum escapee.
A friend of mine was talking about her friend who is only an Acup and was laughing about how she told her to 'get some padding girl'. Bearing in mind that the person in question is blessed with 32Es. Things like this just seem more socially acceptable. I have considered that maybe people think it's ok to make such comments because they don't see it as such a terrible thing. Whereas if someone was largely overweight they would feel more sympathetic and so not say anything. Perhaps smoobs aren't so bad after all. More or less everyone does obsess about something but at least if you're overweight or don't like your stomach etc then it isn't completely beyond your conrtol.
I think there should be a campaign for only 'normal' women to be shown in the media. Men might not like it but it'd stop hell of a lot of women suffering

+Quote Post
Lotus0910
post Jan 10 2008, 07:27 PM
Post #3759

BUSTie

Hello again ladies,
I haven't been on in a while. Glad to see that you all are well. I don't know if it's seasonal mood disorder or what but I have been really bumming about my 'smoobs' lately (smoobs = small boobs, ha!)

This all came to light when discussing body issues with my best friend. She is overweight and has always struggled in accepting herself. She has made a life change and has been pushing herself to reach her fitness goal. I was trying to be supportive and commented that while she may look in the mirror and absolutely hate what she sees, another woman would do anything to have her face, or her breasts or her booty. Concentrate on the things that you do love about yourself and the rest will fall into place. I also talked about how from some people's perspectives, she has an ideal situation: After she loses the weight she will have that curvy hourglass figure that most women need surgery to achieve. "If I started eating healthier and working out, I would lose any curves that I do have." I said. To which she replied "Yeah, that would be awful. You gotta have curves. I would rather be overweight than flat." Just like that.

Don't you all wish that there was more support out there for women in our situation? It seems perfectly fine to tell a woman that she has 'no boobs' or is 'flat chested' but to mention another woman's weight is a taboo. I told her that her having that idea alone, that "You gotta have curves" idea goes against all of the self-love that she is trying to teach herself with this life change.

Now, I haven't been obsessing about it, but it has been on my mind since that conversation. I did put on a few pounds over the holidays, and my bras are a bit more snug. What sucks is that I like it and am almost torn between getting back in shape and keeping my new (although still minimal) curves. It just goes to show you that you can't win. Everyone obsesses about something on their body whether it's a big nose, small chest, large stomach, etc. I'm just sick of the pressure to be aestheticaly perfect. I don't like the way that it affects my friends, my family, or myself.

--------------------
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. - Mahatma Gandhi

+Quote Post
anarch
post Jan 10 2008, 01:55 PM
Post #3760

Hardcore BUSTie

whoa, lots of action in here while I was gone.

LilMissStrange: I mean what's the longest everyone here had someone fondle their breasts? For me it's like a once over or maybe a minute of nipple play and that's it. I can't help but think that if they're bigger they'd get a whole lot more attention. And I do want the attention, because it feels so damn good, but I get so embarrassed asking for it (shouldn't have to!)

Shouldn't have to, damn right. I must have been incredibly lucky in my bfs. (Plus I've always been glad to tell any prospective sexual partners to stay the hell away from me, if they so much as hinted that I was substandard.) They all had various issues of course as we all do, but to their credit, they were all ecstatic about getting a peek, getting a feel, and finally getting my top off and going to town with fingers and hands, mouths and tongues. Cuz that turns me on hard and fast, and my arousal was just as important to them as their own. Was essential to theirs, in fact. Having said that, I never went out with a breast-man, and if they're that invested in the look of a body part as opposed to a healthy emotional connection with their partner, they're the ones losing out.

I guess the longest continuous fondle I've had might have been ten minutes, but most of my bfs and now my husband have found they can keep me at a fever pitch for a long time by alternating stimulation of boobs with other places, going back to nipple sucking etc for maybe 5 minutes at a time, every 10-15 minutes or so, over the course of an hour or hour and a half. (I never thought about this before. Again, lucky that I never had bfs whose approach made me think about it. Feels kind of funny, quantifying the nipple-attention, but it's a good question.)

Thank cod for men who treat our arousal as something to be savoured. Vendetta and MissEnderes, good on you for dumping the toxic bfs and moving on. Stay strong and confident and beautiful, ladies!

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 186 187 188 189 190 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 28, 2014 - 02:32 PM