Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 107 108 109 110 111 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
kristen
post Jan 26 2008, 09:16 PM
Post #2161

BUSTie

ok so i know this is back to back, but you met me now lets get down to business. i have been doing alot of reading lately but i will get into that later. now i have a question, i am fairly new to this bv thing compared to some of you veterans. my last couple period have been different well than before all this crap started. have ya'lls changed since this started, there is still blood coming out but what comes out now is not at all like what used to come out, there i said it now someone gimme some insight
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kristen
post Jan 26 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #2162

BUSTie

QUOTE(SpRiNkLeS @ Jan 24 2008, 10:15 PM) *
My vagina hates me. And damnit I treat her so well too!!!

So i am new here i hope i am doing this posting thing right... we will soon find out. Any way i have been reading this for like a few weeks now i have pretty much read all of it as far back as it dates. more than anything it makes me hopeless, looks like i will be struggling with a stink puss forever. well my story, not as long and ya'lls... i guess about 6 monthes ago maybe a couple more something just struck me as not quite right... but it took a while before i was realy like this is not normal. but fish smell blah blah nasty discharge crap you know the story went to the doc told me it was yeast i told her no i'm pretty sure its not, she insisted so i took the meds forgot what there were now and of course it didn't really help. then like a week or two later i get a bladder infection so i go to doc and he treats me for that and then yeast again... still same shit. and i went on for quite a while no doctors no meds... no sex. most of the time it really is't that bad. after the initial nasty as hell fishy smell its mostly just like musty kinda sweaty smelling almost with a discharge not to bad sometimes not at all but alway the smell is not quite right. so anway like 6 weeks ago i went to doc again knowing this shit is not right and he does no exam no test and just says i think you have bv. i was so happy to hear this becase by this time i had been doing some reseach. thinking i had the answer i took the meds... that antibiotic you can't take with alcohol. cant remember name made me sick ad hell stopped taking it. so since then have not been to doc but have been doing my homework and found ya'll. so i searched all over the internet found femanol... sounded good couldn't find a bad revirew hard as i tried. but this was before i read all this stuff. it did work... for a couple days till i had sex... twice. then you know the story back to hell. been taking it like crazy trying to get the same effect it gave me the first week. and now here i am... this was in like the past two weeks. i ordered some stuff off rockwellnutrition after reading ya'll posts i'll see what happens but mosty i just wanted to make a post so i could start asking questions and fixing this shit.. NOW!!! my boyfriend and i are really having a hard time he does not know about any of this i am to embarassed to tell him but he can't figure out what is wrong with me or if i think there is something wrong with him and its really wearing on us, the lack of sex thing.. i dont know how much longer it will last been more than six monthes like this already. well someone hit me back i got lots to say

+Quote Post
angdjones
post Jan 26 2008, 12:52 AM
Post #2163

Hi Ladies!! Happy Friday! Just thought I would let you guys know how the Fem-Dophilus was working out. When I started taking them the first day I had stopped the regular Acidophilus..within 1 day..it was back..the discharge and smell!..Oh how frustrated I was!!..Especially after spending the 25 dollars at the vitamin store. I continued taking 1 capsule twicw daily but started taking them with 1 capsule of the Acidophilus. It seemed like when I stopped the Acidophilus that everything took a turn for the worse. After taking the Acidophilus with the Fem-dophilus things are great..except for a little bit of discharge but I can deal with that for now since it doesn't SMELL!! Now I'm just trying to find something for the discharge...it's very little and doesn't smell, I don't itch or burn...any suggestions will be great...I know the Fem-dophilus probably takes awhile to start working but I didn't want to wait..without my Acidophilus things just start smelling again...I might quit the Fem-dophilus after the bottle is gone..the capsules smell like burnt trash and are very expensive...Hope all is well ladies!! Take care! wink.gif

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Jan 25 2008, 09:56 PM
Post #2164

BUSTie

LOL, Hi konphusion!! Haha you are funny. Yes I guess we are two of kind here unless there is another hormonally challenged gal who would like to join the club. Well I decided to venture out of my save haven BV thread here to talk to the "others" and I got like booed and not well recieved. I was worried they would point and be like, eeeew there's that BV girl! Ha, well anyway I think I will stay here where it's safe. I feel like you all are my peeps anyway.

Guitarhero congratulations!! Now see my vagina TRULY hates me because I have tired everything you did and mine won't go away. There is no smell again today but there is odorless discharge and that is just not workin for me.

Oh and ladies I read that if you drink ice cold water your body burns more calories than if it was lukewarm. So there is an upside to large doses of health pill poppin!

+Quote Post
mg86
post Jan 25 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #2165

BUSTie

hi ladies,

hope you are all doing well and better...I am feeling a bit frustrated at the moment..my BV seems back to normal..I thought it was going away at first, but
now the discharge and familiar smell is back. It is not SO bad, I know it could be A LOT worse (as it was in the beginning), but it still is upsetting.

Carrie - how is the fem-d going?? I am probably going to get some more this weekend. I want to try inserting them again but that one weird smell I had this week makes me think twice..Maybe it is worth it..at least there was no BV smell then..LOL

I'm going to go through one more bottle of Fem-D probably, and if that doesn't work boric acid is next on my list...

Have a great weekend all

+Quote Post
bvg
post Jan 25 2008, 05:51 PM
Post #2166

BUSTie

i want to try the goldenseal /ech. but i saw on the bottle it not to take if you have high blood pressure......i do. i am not taking any meds for it now we are just watching it. what do you think it would do? how long do you normally take it?

+Quote Post
guitarhero
post Jan 25 2008, 03:46 AM
Post #2167

my bv is totally gone. i take vitamin B6 and goldenseal root with ecchinacea. It's all down to the bacteria. I also take alka selzer about once a week which sorts my digestion out and I occasionally douche with hydrogen peroxide 3%. Trust me it's gone. Oh and folic acid xxx

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Jan 24 2008, 10:46 PM
Post #2168

Hardcore BUSTie

tongue.gif Sprinkles!! My equally hormonally challenged soul mate LOL Whats up girl. I'll have to try the black cohosh or the estroven. Cuz like you said our bodies think we're in menopause or something lol dang. What's up with that????? Hope you get better soon dahhhling!

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Jan 24 2008, 09:58 PM
Post #2169

BUSTie

My vagina hates me. And damnit I treat her so well too!!! After being odor free for gosh knows how long (went by too fast!), I woke up yesterday morning with a strong ammonia smell. Friggin A. After cussing like a sailor and throwing a mini tantrum which would have made my toddler proud I popped a couple Paxil and hopped in the shower and then the smell was gone completely. Today it didn’t show up. So she is playing tricks on me, eh. Sneaky little minx! I just know she must be pissed at me for taking back my ex so many times. OR it could be revenge for the fact that I decided on having a vaginal birth. Doh! I shoulda gone C-Section. Less pain probably.

So to prepare for the fish that I know must be coming soon I went shopping at the health food store and bought some new stuff I read about. You all know by now that I firmly believe my BV is caused by my dumbass hormones so I’m trying out some alternatives to regulate them. Anyone ever heard of Vitex? More specifically Vitex Agnus-Castus. Supposedly it is the “best” herb to balance out the hormones. I also bought some Black Cohosh which is like THE woman’s herb. It’s supposed to help with mild estrogen-like activity and is “especially helpful during menstruation and menopause.” My body thinks I’m going through menopause. You know, just like 30 years early. Oh and no applause needed here ladies but I FINALLY bought……………………….dum dum dum……………………..TEA TREE OIL!!!!! Yay!!!

I smelled inside the bottle and I must say the smell is quite interesting. Not at all what I was expecting TTO to smell like but I doubt THIS smell would make an erect penis go limp. Not that I plan on having any fun but I’m just sayin.

Oh and the cashier at the health store was so hot and he was totally checkin me out!! And because I didn’t stink I was totally vibin on him! Then his eyes landed on my son and it was like……..”oh”. Damn! He’s probably flat out broke anyhow. I've got enough problems to deal with I definitely don't need a man right now!

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 24 2008, 06:55 PM
Post #2170

BUSTie

Hi Bella,

The nurse said it was given to me just in case I had trichomoniasis vaginitis. She said it would clear up the bacteria in my body. I remember my doctor saying the same thing, but I still wanted to come to the forum to get you guys take on it as well. Also the cream is called clotrimazole.

My headache is bringing me much pain right now so I will sign off now and hopefully I don't accrue anymore enemies because of the harmless little comment I made before. tongue.gif I hope to hear from you next week with good news on your end and I thankyou for your ear. Have a good night and be good, same to everyone else. Later

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Jan 24 2008, 05:59 PM
Post #2171

BUSTie

QUOTE(CanCan @ Jan 24 2008, 01:47 PM) *
I also think that if more of us ask questions, then doctors will get used to their patients asking. Because most people don't ask questions. They just take their doctors word as gospel, take the scrip, then pop the pills. Without thinking! Ultimately each person has to speak up about their concerns, because the cost of silence is high. For me was 2 years of hell fighting a yeast infection. And now, thanks to taking Clindamycin - which has only a 60% success rate for BV, I am paying for that mistake too.

I agree CanCan! When I was given oral Flagyl, it made my extremities tingle & feel numb-ish. I read on the package insert from my pharmacist that that is sometimes a side effect & if you experience it, you should call your physician. When I called my gyno's nurse, she said she "had never heard of that as a side-effect & that no one had ever complained of that before, blah, blah, blah.." I said "Let me read the package insert to you." When I did, that shut her up. We have to be our own advocates when it comes to the medical establishment.

Maggie C.

+Quote Post
Bella10
post Jan 24 2008, 05:03 PM
Post #2172

BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ Jan 24 2008, 12:12 PM) *
Sorry to hear your depressed and having a time with the flagyl and the supp. I hope that your doctor has good news for you on your next appointment. At least you only have two days left as for me my amoxo and cream have just begun sad.gif
I am currently taking lexapro for depression and trazodone for sleep. So if I am doped up at 28 I think I will be doped up for the rest of my life unfortunately. I feel like I have been victimized by my own mind and body. I really don’t know whats wrong with me and its killing me inside literally. Anyway take care of yourself and when you are up to it drop by and let us know how u are doing.

Hi YME,
I hear what your saying about killing you inside, it is terrible and frustrating. Were you able to call the Dr today about the amoxo? I was just curious on what he said. Yeah the only problem I had with the amoxo was that it caused a yeast infection so that is good you are taking the cream. Is the cream gynazol by any chance? That stuff works great. Anyway good luck on your meds. Do you have a follow up Dr apt after your meds? Alright keep your fingers crossed for my apt tues as I will for you. Talk to you soon.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jan 24 2008, 04:04 PM
Post #2173

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ Jan 24 2008, 08:27 PM) *
Hey CanCan if I wanted a lecture I would have taken a few classes this semester but I didn't so I guess you just wasted your ink because I am so not interested. But thanks anyway. wink.gif

That was rude. We are all here to help each other. It's not about lecturing. It's about giving advice. KEEP UP THE ADVICE CAN CAN!! YOUR A GREAT ASSET TO THIS GROUP!!!

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 24 2008, 02:10 PM
Post #2174

BUSTie

QUOTE(CanCan @ Jan 24 2008, 01:47 PM) *
I also think that if more of us ask questions, then doctors will get used to their patients asking. Because most people don't ask questions. They just take their doctors word as gospel, take the scrip, then pop the pills. Without thinking! Ultimately each person has to speak up about their concerns, because the cost of silence is high. For me was 2 years of hell fighting a yeast infection. And now, thanks to taking Clindamycin - which has only a 60% success rate for BV, I am paying for that mistake too.

Hey CanCan if I wanted a lecture I would have taken a few classes this semester but I didn't so I guess you just wasted your ink because I am so not interested. But thanks anyway. wink.gif

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Jan 24 2008, 12:45 PM
Post #2175

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, maybe i'll just use less tonight. I did a quick wash (douche) with a few drops, then I inserted a half filled capsule. Let me tell you, that smell was in my nose alllllll night long. But yes, turpentine trumps ammonia, or fish, or sour milk smells any day!! LOL

One thing I did notice (about to get graphic ladies sorry)-- is when I did the wash, I poured a little bit on the outer bits too. I notice alot of odor collects there even right after I take a shower. Maybe because I sweat alot down in that area. Anyway, I woke up this morning, one side of my inner labia was swollen and very painful. Maybe its not such a good idea to put it there. I had to make a little ice pack and take some Aleve!!

Thanks for the response Jewels babe!

--------------------

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jan 24 2008, 12:24 PM
Post #2176

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CarrieBradshaw @ Jan 23 2008, 10:31 AM) *
i didn't think it would desolve in neutal pH 7 water.....i've been inserting them for a week and they're dissolving.....

QUOTE(mfc10 @ Jan 23 2008, 03:47 PM) *
Gregor worked really diligently to isolate the EXACT SPECIES of L. reuteri and L. rhamosus that would be effective in keeping the beneficial vaginal bacterial levels optimal. These species are Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1 and Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14. There is no evidence that other species of reuteri or rhamnosus will be as effective. I don't think the Stonyfield Farms product would hurt, certainly, but I also doubt it's the proven-effective, patented RC-14 strain that is in their yogurt formulation.

Maggie

Maggie, good point, the reuteri in your vagina is a different strain, so I will stick to just eating the yogurt, and for the suppositories use the Femdophilus. Because I certainly don't want to be putting the wrong microbes in my vagina. I have been using the Femdophilus inserted for quite a while now, I will go to a clinic next week and do a swab to see if I still have BV or not. Carrie and everyone else trying this, let us know if you are feeling better or not.. very curious after reading Dr. Reid's info.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jan 24 2008, 11:50 AM
Post #2177

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Jan 24 2008, 08:10 AM) *
Ummm let me just say, TTO is some powerful stuff. WOW. I used about 6 drops in a small "wash bottle" and it feels like vicks vapor rub in therce. WOWZA. LOL I'm going to have to get used to this feeling. And for the folks that are trying TTO, does yours smell slightly like turpentine??? I'm not fond of that smell, but if its going to work, i'll deal with it.

Hahahah, yes, it does feel like a vicks vapor rub! But, that goes away, believe it or not. The first night, it's real strong, then if you use it the second night, it's not so bad. And yes, I can relate to the turpentine as well, but that too, goes away. I used one 2 nights ago, and that's it. Still no B.V. I don't think it's something you have to use every day. I only use it now, after sex. But, it's the day after the day of sex. If you use it when you are raw, it will burn like crazy.

Either way, here's my options: ITTY BITTY FISH HEAD SMELL, OR.... TURPENTINE. I'll take the turpentine!!

It's still working for me!!

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jan 24 2008, 11:30 AM
Post #2178

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ Jan 23 2008, 12:52 PM) *
Dang it you two, enough about dissolving pills in water and enterically coatings. tongue.gif Can someone please read my post and respond to it, why has my doctor put me on amoxiicillin.

QUOTE(jularee @ Jan 23 2008, 03:20 PM) *
Hi Yme! Sometimes the docs that I work with will give Amoxicillin for strep infections in the vagina. I see you mentioned the cultures came back negative for infection, but do you know if this included group B strep? Your best bet would probably be to call the nurse or doctor that prescribed it and make him or her give you a definite answer as to why it was prescribed. Keep us updated on what they tell you. smile.gif

Sorry! It is so hard to respond to every post! I have never heard of Amoxicilin being prescribed for BV, so I don't know if I can help. But I think Jularee is right that you should call up your doctor and ask why it was prescribed. Even if it is difficult to ask that question - sometimes they get angry when we ask questions. I did that once 2 years ago (before I got BV), I had a throat infection, went to the doctor, he gave me a prescription for some antibiotics (i forget which one) and I wasn't sure I should take them or not, because the last time I took anti-biotics it gave me a raging yeast infection that I could not get rid of for 2 years. So I called the doctor's office up, and spoke to the nurse, told her about my concernen, and if she could please ask the doctor for his opinion -- perhaps a milder pill. I have heard that they will do this. They will give you a antibiotic that is easier on your body. But instead, the nurse raised her voice at me on the phone, and told me to take them like the doctor said!! Quite frankly, I expect more compassion from the nurse - especially a female nurse, but I guess this just isn't the case.

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 24 2008, 10:55 AM
Post #2179

BUSTie

QUOTE(Bella10 @ Jan 24 2008, 12:36 AM) *
Hi YME, I am on Day 9 of the Metro and am miserable!! For 2 days I have had severe nausea and that gross metallic taste in my mouth. I have till friday which is only 2 more days thank god!! but my anxiety is already escalating for my Dr's apt tues. If she tells me I still have an infection I feel like I will have to be committed. Its more the AVC cream supp that is making me miserable it is twice a day and gross I am so sick of panty liners!!!! I feel like I've been withdrawn and not posting due to being depressed. I went to a party the other night and all these girls seemed so happy dancing around and it literally made me sick to my stomach watching them and meanwhile I am standing there all medicated up drinking a diet coke. I literally feel like a freak of nature. I know I am not alone and you guys are suffering the same demise and I try to think people have worse but it doesn't help my depression.

Anyway it is good you are calling the Dr. and it is good you are stopping the flagyl I don't think you need it. That is great your culture came back non infection!!!!! Pray mine is negative tues. Being a strep carrier is not a big deal at all. The only time you would have to worry about it is when you are pregnant. They will treat you while you are in labor. Plus my Dr said it is common that you would show symptoms after being treated for BV beause once you eradicate one strain of bacteria another usually grows out of control (flip flop phenominom). Most Drs normally dont treat for strep but my Dr did last summer because I was having a white discharge as well. Anyway just be careful because the amoxo may cause a yeast infection so that is good you have the cream. Keep me updated on what your dr says tomorrow. Have a Good Night! I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep now.

Sorry to hear your depressed and having a time with the flagyl and the supp. I hope that your doctor has good news for you on your next appointment. At least you only have two days left as for me my amoxo and cream have just begun sad.gif
I am currently taking lexapro for depression and trazodone for sleep. So if I am doped up at 28 I think I will be doped up for the rest of my life unfortunately. I feel like I have been victimized by my own mind and body. I really don’t know whats wrong with me and its killing me inside literally. Anyway take care of yourself and when you are up to it drop by and let us know how u are doing.

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Jan 24 2008, 01:53 AM
Post #2180

Hardcore BUSTie

Ummm let me just say, TTO is some powerful stuff. WOW. I used about 6 drops in a small "wash bottle" and it feels like vicks vapor rub in there. WOWZA. LOL I'm going to have to get used to this feeling. And for the folks that are trying TTO, does yours smell slightly like turpentine??? I'm not fond of that smell, but if its going to work, i'll deal with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 107 108 109 110 111 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 27, 2014 - 09:33 AM