Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 53 54 55 56 57 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
tryn2benormal
post Nov 26 2008, 08:11 AM
Post #1081

Hello all!

I also struggle with re-occuring bv. Scouring the websites to help find a cure I came across a board were a member tried something that I hope will help all of us. She found that if she used cheese whey; with 75% or more lactose sugars..it cuts down on both smell and itching. No word on wether it does anything for discharge. She does this by putting some powder in her hand...adding water to it and making dough balls and sticking it up her vag as far as it will go; especially after sex. She keeps the other balls in a container with loose powder. Since not from the U.S....another member tried this and had similar results. I think she found it under the brand name NOW. If you do a google search for it; a lot of results come up for using to bodybuild...i think? But these have most of the lactose sugar removed so make sure you read the label.

ON a persona note: Wether you've had one partner or a zillion; it doesn't need to be boasted about or judged. This isn't something ANY of us chose...so we shouldn't dwell on when and who we think it happened with , right?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 26 2008, 05:42 AM
Post #1082

Hardcore BUSTie

SweatyinSocialStudies: That list of symptoms is primarily if you ingest boric acid or use it as a topical. Boric acid is safe for vaginal use and it is in many over-the-counter natural yeast products, such as Yeast Away (or something like that...some ladies were using it before. They're basically a pre-packaged boric acid capsule with some extra herbs added.) Quite a few doctors of the ladies on here have even prescribed boric acid as a treatment to help control chronic BV. That said, if anyone has adverse reactions to any drug/substance, you should stop using it immediately and go to the doctor.

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Nov 25 2008, 03:53 PM
Post #1083

I read that a couple of people in this forum have been using Boric Acid as a way of maintaining the vaginal flora and keeping it acidic. What I found out was some really disturbing effects of using Boric Acid over a long period of time. Results of using Boric Acid over a long period of time would be:

• * Blisters
  • * Collapse
  • * Coma
  • * Convulsions
  • * Drowsiness
  • * Fever
  • * Lack of desire to do anything
  • * Low blood pressure
  • * Significantly decreased urine output (or none)
  • * Sloughing of skin
  • * Twitching of facial muscles, arms, hands, legs, and feet
Source:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002485.htm

So, to anyone that has been using Boric Acid as a way of self treating needs to be careful.

+Quote Post
dani1983
post Nov 24 2008, 09:22 PM
Post #1084

BUSTie

Hi girlies! Time for a new update!
So I went to the doc a month ago to get tested for bv again( had a yellowish discharge, no itching, no fishy smell) and it came back negative! No more bv for me! So I asked the doctor what was this yellowish discharge and he said that a woma 's discharge may vary all through her life, and that it's normal, it changes through the cycle too. That's it! I've noticed that yes, that yellowish discharge seems to come out in a bigger quantity when I'm about to get my period and it disapears after I'm done with it. Still no itch nor pain nor fishy or bad smell. The only smell it has is a very metallic smell(it gets strong near my period). Does this metallic smell could indicate that I have something else? Or is it just normal??

+Quote Post
neptune
post Nov 24 2008, 11:06 AM
Post #1085

BUSTie

I've been suffering for over 18 months now. Last year was BAD. Metronidazole would sort it and it would be back within a week. I was on antidepressants at the time and when I came off them (about september 07 I think) NO MORE BV. But my vaginal health was never the same again and has been gradually getting worse since January of this year.
Sometimes I test positive for bv but usually the test comes back clear. I have a very heavy greenish/white discharge which smells of... onions sad.gif and strangely, sometimes extremely strongly of vanilla, which isn't a bad thing I suppose. It's usually an onion smell though. And I have constant stinging. Sex is out of the question because of the smell, but also because it's now very painful for me.

Reading through these posts I'm wondering whether it's Strep. BUT it responds to metrogel, it just always comes back. I've had numerous std tests which always come back clear.

Does anyone know whether they include strep testing in a general std check?

Also, do many of you suffer with the onion smell with bv? (It seems to be with lurking bv - when it's full on it's fishy.)

+Quote Post
yme
post Nov 20 2008, 10:30 PM
Post #1086

BUSTie

Its disgusting because the test showed that I did have Bacterial Vaginosis I called her again to confirm it and she said the one dose treatment takes about 5 days and if I dont get better by monday she will write me a new script

I had a combo of yeast and bv for years so I know its not strep or an STD, trust me on this. I hate this its getting tired and I am about ready to live the rest of my life being a stinky person, but I still pray for a cure.

+Quote Post
Lolasaurus
post Nov 20 2008, 05:57 PM
Post #1087

BUSTie

It's not as strong as normal BV smell, but it was definitely bad enough for me to 1) notice it and seek treatment, and 2) not invite my darling boyfriend anywhere near that region.

Also, a lot a lot of thin, sticky discharge.

QUOTE(LovelyLadyLuck @ Nov 20 2008, 10:24 AM) *
hmmmmm...... and can strep b overgrowth give you a abad smell? ive researched it before on medical websites but never found anything clear on that part...

+Quote Post
heathernicole
post Nov 20 2008, 04:41 PM
Post #1088

ha. yes i do. Thank you. I have been searching for almost an hour for an answer

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Nov 20 2008, 02:49 PM
Post #1089

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(heathernicole @ Nov 20 2008, 01:59 PM) *
I am getting ready to start taking boric acid pills. I have 14 to take one a week and she also gave me three refills. I'm beginning to do the math and it looks like that might be a long time without sex. ohmy.gif Is it okay or safe to have sex while on the boric acid? unsure.gif

when you say "take" i hope you mean insert vaginally, taking it by mouth is very poisonous and you can die....only vaginally please. when i do boric acid i don't have sex until 24hrs later because you have to wait for it to come back out and it's kinda grainy like sand...irritating i would assume if it hasn't all came out. also use a pantiliner because it leaks out during the day. i would use a condom also until you know you are 100% bv free because it can be passed back and forth. good luck

sooo sad

+Quote Post
heathernicole
post Nov 20 2008, 01:59 PM
Post #1090

I am getting ready to start taking boric acid pills. I have 14 to take one a week and she also gave me three refills. I'm beginning to do the math and it looks like that might be a long time without sex. ohmy.gif Is it okay or safe to have sex while on the boric acid? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
LovelyLadyLuck
post Nov 20 2008, 10:24 AM
Post #1091

hmmmmm...... and can strep b overgrowth give you a abad smell? ive researched it before on medical websites but never found anything clear on that part...

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 20 2008, 05:40 AM
Post #1092

Hardcore BUSTie

Again, I would be really careful with that RX. It can do more harm than good. Lori wrote this in June 2007:

"I was doing some further research on strep vaginitis, and on pp.240-241 (click on "Search Inside" and type in "strep" - I can't provide a direct link) of this book it says that Clindamycin causes the overgrowth! The previous link by CanCan said it can be caused by flagyl and clindamycin cream (e.g., clindesse), but not Clindamycin oral."

+Quote Post
yme
post Nov 19 2008, 09:10 PM
Post #1093

BUSTie

Thanks to everyone for replying. So yesterday I took the one therapy dose of Clindesss and....................I still have discharge and a funky odor too. How long before I can feel confident about my hygiene again. I pray every night thats all I can do is just wait, I want my life back.

+Quote Post
Lolasaurus
post Nov 19 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #1094

BUSTie

Adding to the chorus, here, but the only success I've had with Clindesse was... a different, harder-to-diagnose BV (Strep B overgrowth), which is supposedly treated by a more broad-range (Amoxicillin, aka, Free Trip to Yeast City) antibiotic.

Good luck, and be careful.

QUOTE(yme @ Nov 19 2008, 12:20 AM) *
Hi everyone. I went to the doc a couple of days ago and she gave me a script for Clindesse which is a one dose treatment to get rid of BV. I am so nervous. I am so tired of smelling so bad. I tried everything. Even the metro pills with the femdolphis(which by the way put a big hole in my pocket) Anyway anyone had success with the one dose treatment for Clindesse. Thanks, Bye

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 19 2008, 01:49 PM
Post #1095

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(yme @ Nov 19 2008, 05:20 AM) *
Hi everyone. I went to the doc a couple of days ago and she gave me a script for Clindesse which is a one dose treatment to get rid of BV. I am so nervous. I am so tired of smelling so bad. I tried everything. Even the metro pills with the femdolphis(which by the way put a big hole in my pocket) Anyway anyone had success with the one dose treatment for Clindesse. Thanks, Bye

I would NOT use the Clindesse. I'm pretty sure they are pulling it off the market because it can cause strep to grow in your vagina.

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Nov 19 2008, 01:09 PM
Post #1096

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(yme @ Nov 19 2008, 12:20 AM) *

i've done the clindesse like 3 or 4 times last year with no success. i've had this damn thing for over about 1.5 years and i've tried everything. i don't want to do antibiotics anymore because it doesn't even help and it's making me resistant to the medication...just in case i need to take it later for a different kind of infection. so i had to go natural.....boric acid. i did that for about 2 months. one in the morning and at night, while doing that i would also take femd and nature's reuteri in the middle of the day. to tell you the truth this is the only thing that relieved me of the symptoms of itching and burning and gross discharge. now i'm doing femd vaginally....one at night and i've it's helped alot more vaginally than orally but i still take it by mouth, it wouldn't hurt, i guess. my burning and itching is like 98% gone. every once in awhile i feel a "twitch" but not too bad. the discharge is alot better too, and the smell....well, i smell like femd b/c it does have a certain smell. i'm having sex again too tongue.gif . with a condom though...trojan ultra thin ....so thin i love it and you can't even tell you're using one.

sooo sad

+Quote Post
yme
post Nov 19 2008, 12:20 AM
Post #1097

BUSTie

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Nov 15 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #1098

BUSTie

QUOTE(Grace08 @ Nov 15 2008, 11:48 AM) *
Thanks, Maggie.

I've Googled OMBE but nothing related came up. Do you mind me asking how long ago you purchased it?

It was a couple of years ago. I had a friend in Austria buy it at a local drugstore & ship it to me. Chr Hansen, a company in Denmark, manufactures it. That's all I recall. If I run across anything else, I'll post it.

Maggie c.

+Quote Post
lori
post Nov 15 2008, 05:17 PM
Post #1099

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Grace08 @ Nov 14 2008, 03:02 PM) *
Thanks, Lori. I'm hoping it's that, and as I've only seen it twice and def the first time would have been in sync with when I was "releasing", egg-wise.

I stupidly googled 'spotting' and got links to all these cervical cancer sites, scared myself. As it's contained within the mucasy stuff, I don't think I need to worry. It was a miniscule amount. You know how it is when you analyse every thing that happens down there... Which is a good thing really.

Yeah, I really know what you mean. smile.gif

QUOTE(Grace08 @ Nov 14 2008, 03:02 PM) *
I appreciate all the effort and gusto you've put into your posts and blog. You're the reason I want FemD asap! I know you recommend it should be refridgerated, but as I said before being here in the UK where it's not available in stores means I'll have to have it shipped, un-chilled stylee. I need to try it though. The acidophulus on sale here doesn't contain the two all-important strains found in FemD.

I just wondered if in your research (and anyone else's) you've heard of anyone trying the high alkaline diet? I'm pretty sure no one's mentionned it on this forum.

Cheers,
Grace.

My first two bottles of Fem-D were not stored/shipped refrigerated. But they still helped me. So I would say - it's ideal if it's refrigerated. But not useless if it's not. (After you get them, you should probably store them in the fridge anyway.)

I don't know much about high-alkaline, but it is all the rage in some health circles. A friend of mine even bought an expensive machine that infuses water with alkaline. She insists that I drink a glass everytime I'm over - but I haven't noticed any changes.

So yeah ... not a lot of info. there. But that's all I know about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grace08
post Nov 15 2008, 11:48 AM
Post #1100

BUSTie

QUOTE(mfc10 @ Nov 15 2008, 02:55 AM) *
Grace---Before FemDophilus was available in the US, I obtained it in Austria. It goes by the brand name OMBE. Perhaps it is also available in other European countries under that name?

Take care,
Maggie C.

Thanks, Maggie.

I've Googled OMBE but nothing related came up. Do you mind me asking how long ago you purchased it?

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 53 54 55 56 57 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 28, 2014 - 02:55 PM