Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Leave Already
roseviolet
post Jan 19 2007, 06:43 PM
Post #21

Pacifism kicks ass!

And how is being a "peacemaker" equated with being "housewifey", Bunny? Was Ghandi a housewife? Was Martin Luther King Jr. a housewife? And what's wrong with being a housewife, anyway?

[Note: These questions have been asked by a peace-making housewife. But that is soooooo beside the point! tongue.gif ]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Jan 19 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #22

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

of course I'm a super-duper feminist and way better than you, I CHOOSE to speak my mind and fuck what anyone else thinks! tongue.gif (to hell with being the "peacemaker", that's way too housewifey for me.)

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post Jan 19 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #23

Hardcore BUSTie

see now, bunny? your use of "ovaries" over my "balls" must mean you're a far far superior feminist than i!

i see your snark, and raise you a passive-agressive sarcasm. tongue.gif

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Jan 19 2007, 06:11 PM
Post #24

oooh, could we recycle this thread as "leave already [insert BUSTie name here]?" pretty please?

I'm only half-joking so for that I'm off to self-flagellate.

Mando, I thought it too! Although I think it would be who had the ovaries to do that? wink.gif

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post Jan 19 2007, 05:58 PM
Post #25

Hardcore BUSTie

i thought this thread was for busties who we wish would leave, and i'm like, whoa, who had the balls to post that?! (i bet more than one of youze remember that long ago post in the sin bin: "i hate a bustie." which cracked.my.ass.up.good, even tho i was paranoid they were talking about me.) laugh.gif

i do wish there was less pouncing. and even less nasty pouncing/snarky "not one of us" asides. don't mean to sound holier-than-thou, but when someone irritates the shit out of me, turning off the computer & walking away works wonders.

on the flip side, i just barrelled in when i was a newbie, i don't think i introduced myself anywhere for weeks afterward. i'm sure that wasn't my only faux pas, and i'm as hypersensitive as they come. then again, several beloved old skoolers - god love 'em - were nice to me, so that was my incentive for staying.

i think intuitive people 'get' that this place is unique pretty quickly.

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jan 19 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #26

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

wub.gif bustygirl wub.gif

QUOTE(kickitkickitkickit @ Jan 19 2007, 06:49 AM) *

I shouldn't have. I don't even know why I am here. Maybe I should leave already. This board is a waste of my time.

Seriously, kickit, you don't have to play it this way. The Lounge is a fabulous place full of fabulous women and men. It's a real community, not a spammer's free-for-all or a place of exclusive self-involvement. If you can't deal with that, then yeah, go. If you can, and you choose to make an effort to become part of the community, then you will find yourself welcomed with open arms.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jan 19 2007, 03:25 PM
Post #27

if it was part of the member registration though, along with the 10 (or more) post restriction i think it would work a bit better than before. i mean, there are hardly any troll attacks now at all. someone has to have a LOT of drive to post the 10 posts first. 50 would be better, no one's that patient.
i notice that profile hasn't been deleted.

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Jan 19 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #28

maude yeah, I'd volunteer!

The old welcome message worked sometimes but on many occasion newbies didn't read it/ignored it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jan 19 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #29

well, that might work. anyone would get frustruated enough to go somewhere and ASK why they couldn't start a new one, if they hadn't figured it out by then. but, you remember the friendly intro message that was on the old site? the one that said go to here for this, go here for that, etc with links. if that could be included in the intro message, a bit about checking before starting new threads, that would be perfect. really, a member with limited clean up, edit (thread title spell check anyone!) and delete power would be ideal. i know there would be a few volunteers.

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Jan 19 2007, 01:42 PM
Post #30

I also ignored this thread and posted a public service announcement in the newbie thread (with mornington backing me up and posting some fab advice tes gave a while back).

personally, I think the post limit should be extended; to be fair, how often are new threads started and, when they are, they are usually with the back up of other BUSTies so one of us could start it, on the newbies' behalf? I'm thinking 50 posts, even 100, as it would prevent this crap.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mouse
post Jan 19 2007, 01:25 PM
Post #31

Most Likely Procrastinating

i think bustygirl is smart.

i wrote a little about this continuing problem in the "problems with the website" thread if anyone else wants to weigh in there.

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jan 19 2007, 01:14 PM
Post #32

i thought that was a bit hillarious too tes.

i haven't lost my temper or anything, i'm just short on patience for those who can't be bothered to learn how things work and then have hissy fits when they're told. take it elsewhere whiner.

+Quote Post
tesao
post Jan 19 2007, 01:09 PM
Post #33

olha, que coisa mais linda.....

is anyone else as amused as i am by the title of this thread and the ramifications thereof due to the subsequent flounce of the originator? (at least a temporary flounce?)

polly: WORD.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jan 19 2007, 12:43 PM
Post #34

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

QUOTE(bustygirl @ Jan 19 2007, 08:43 AM) *

Pollystyrene was a touch more sarcastic, but that's how a lot of us are here.

You say that like it's a bad thing laugh.gif

Seriously, starting new threads is only somewhat annoying; posting random posts in other threads so you can start the new thread, then throwing a hissy fit when people call you on it- very annoying.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
girlygirlgag
post Jan 19 2007, 10:13 AM
Post #35

Super BadAss

Don't let the door hit ya where te good lord split ya.

--------------------
Constantly on.

+Quote Post
kickitkickitkick...
post Jan 19 2007, 08:32 AM
Post #36

BUSTie

QUOTE(lucizoe @ Jan 19 2007, 09:42 AM) *

Wow - dial that back a bit. You were unaware of one of the quirks of the board, namely that the threads under the general topic names are waaaay more comprehensive than they may seem without taking some time to read them. No one ever starts a thread devoted entirely to their own problem; rather, you post it under the most cogent thread, in this case, General Relationships/Dating in The Mating Game forum, or even "I have a bone to pick with you...", under Friends and Family, which is a place to discuss problems with friends, or even The Roommate Thread.
If you didn't expect anyone to post helpful advice, then why on earth start a new thread at all?

I shouldn't have. I don't even know why I am here. Maybe I should leave already. This board is a waste of my time.

--------------------
The most beautiful woman on this planet!

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post Jan 19 2007, 08:26 AM
Post #37

Hardcore BUSTie

Raisin was perfectly helpful in letting you know. Pollystyrene was a touch more sarcastic, but that's how a lot of us are here. Before you wreck your stay by becoming defensive, you might want to consider why new threads that fit in existing topics are prohibited.

Back in the old days, there were literally TONS of threads, and many were specific to a narrow topic covered perfectly well under more general threads. And yes, most were started by newbies who hadn't looked around enough to realize their boyfriend problem/roommate problem/hairdo problem/self-promotion opportunity could go elsewhere. So the board was a mess, hard to navigate, and irritating.

Then, of course, there were all the tr*lls who came here and started threads simply to rant about how much they loved jeezus and how all women with an IQ over 40 were going to hell, or Branson, or something.

Now that we've gotten the weeds cut down, busties keep it that way by pointing newbies in the right direction if they don't read the newbie threads and post extra threads anyway. We are a self-moderated board; telling a 'mod' isn't the way it's done here. I'm not going to harp too much on you and say that a little info gathering wouldn't have yielded this information on your own, because we've all been new, and we've all had to learn how this community works.

But one way to be sure that it doesn't work for you is biting the hands that feed. Feel free to take this advice as it stands. Lashing out will only make things more difficult.

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post Jan 19 2007, 08:25 AM
Post #38

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

Wow - dial that back a bit. You were unaware of one of the quirks of the board, namely that the threads under the general topic names are waaaay more comprehensive than they may seem without taking some time to read them. No one ever starts a thread devoted entirely to their own problem; rather, you post it under the most cogent thread, in this case, General Relationships/Dating in The Mating Game forum, or even "I have a bone to pick with you...", under Friends and Family, which is a place to discuss problems with friends, or even The Roommate Thread.

There are no mods, incidentally, which is why members jumped on you. People around here can be a bit tetchy about newbies not reading around more, posting some vague non-sequiturs in order to get their post count up high enough to start new threads...and then throw a big girl fit when things don't go exactly their way. If you didn't expect anyone to post helpful advice, then why on earth start a new thread at all?

And kick that person out. Boo hoo he wants to be near his kids. Guy needs to man-up.

eta - heh. total crosspost with bustygirl.

+Quote Post
kickitkickitkick...
post Jan 19 2007, 08:03 AM
Post #39

BUSTie

QUOTE(raisingirl @ Jan 18 2007, 09:20 PM) *

It's a good idea to check in at the Community Forum before starting up a new thread. We don't operate like most message boards where new threads are started all the time. We usually add on to existing threads unless the creation of a new thread is warranted.

QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Jan 18 2007, 09:22 PM) *

And on the magical 11th post- what a coincidence. Try posting this in the General Relationship Advice thread.

Just what I had expected. Smart ass responses and not one that can actually help me. Is this not in the right forum "Friends and Family" ? It seems like to me this is as this topic applies to my boyfriend, his friend, and I. I did a search for similiar topics and did not come up with anything. Congrats for jumping all over me and making me feel welcomed at this board. dry.gif If this is in the wrong place, by all means tell a mod but don't give me shit and continue to bump it up because you feel the need to bitch at someone.

--------------------
The most beautiful woman on this planet!

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jan 18 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #40

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

And on the magical 11th post- what a coincidence. Try posting this in the General Relationship Advice thread.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 22, 2014 - 07:56 AM