Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

50 Pages V  « < 48 49 50  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Frustrated Singles
katiebelle2882
post May 14 2006, 03:46 PM
Post #981

Hardcore BUSTie

weekends do suck greenbean, all of a sudden your source of entertainment is gone and that SUCKS

--------------------
“There's something about the Irish that is remarkable.”-François de la Rochefoucauld
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
autumn24
post May 14 2006, 01:36 PM
Post #982

Hardcore BUSTie

Yup, weekends COMPLETELY suck for me now... but after having been broken up with my ex for 2 months now, it finally begins to sink in... though this weekend was much less sad than last weekend. I just stayed in while rain has been soaking when I live and watching movies and reading books and having a nice, quiet time! I never thought I would get back to that place again.

I'm still semi-involved in a fairly unhealthy emotion/physical way with my ex which might be preventing me from totally moving on, but in some others ways, it's actually helping me find closure, too, as I am constantly exposed to the reasons why we broke up. I'm also hanging on a bit for the sex because I am VERY picky who I sleep with and am totally afraid it's going to be YEARS before I sleep with anyone else.

All my friends are coupled up, too, and it's frustrating. Greenbean, if I were you, I'd wait a little while longer... there's NOTHING saying you can't date, meet people, but you may want to try just being alone for awhile.

+Quote Post
john
post May 14 2006, 01:25 PM
Post #983

BUSTie

Greenbean, since you're single for the first time in four years, I think it'll take awhile to settle in. That bad weekend you talked about is probably your mind finally beginning to accept the breakup. I'm sorry, that sucks.

+Quote Post
greenbean
post May 14 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #984

Hardcore BUSTie

Bummer! I'm clear on the other end of the country in San Francisco. and I'm soon to be 27 yrs old.
I dont know why I just cant relax! I'm freakin' gonna be in Europe in a month! I'm bound to meet some guy to hook-up with. I guess I'm just having a bad weekend because its really hitting me like, "holy shit! I'm ALONE!"

--------------------
I thank God I was raised Catholic, so sex will always be dirty.--John Waters

+Quote Post
katiebelle2882
post May 14 2006, 12:36 PM
Post #985

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey greenbean. I can tell you are independent even when in part of a relationship, but, if you are, as you say "always part of a couple" maybe you do need to give it more time. I dont think there is anything wrong with going out and dating though, bc you might find it harder than you even expected to actually find someone you want to date exclusively. but dating in and of itself, just a few guys here and there, is much different then a relationship.

I don't really think it is a question of your emotional ability to be attached to someone else, bc as you said, it felt like it was over a long time before it actually ended (which is totally what happened with me !). but, the fact that it was drawn out long after it ended kind of points to the fact that maybe you just like having a BF around for the sake of entertainment, and you didnt want to lose that, regardless if the love was gone or not.

Although, I understand how having fun as a single girl is really hard if all your girlfriends are attached. In fact, it may seem just impossible. But, you CAN have fun on your own as well. Part of the reason that hated being in a relationship is that i could never seem to just go off and do my own thing during the day, especially on the weekends. and "by my own thing" i mean, without ANYBODY, even friends. Also greenbean, maybe try and find new groups to join where there will be single people. I just think that if you are always in a relationship, that maybe its time to take longer than a month before you get back into a new one. Also, I dont know where you live or how old you are, but i realize these things can all be more difficult depending on those issues. If you do happen to be in the nyc area, we can hang out!

--------------------
“There's something about the Irish that is remarkable.”-François de la Rochefoucauld

+Quote Post
greenbean
post May 14 2006, 11:53 AM
Post #986

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello y'all. I have been single for exactly one month now, after dragging out a four year relationship. The break-up was mutual and while at first it was liberating and I relished my alone-ness, its starting to get dull. I have friends but they are all coupled so I dont have a gaggle of single gals to hit the town with.

I am interested in the conversation y'll were having a month ago, about serial monogamists, cuz I think I kinda am one. I dont consider myself a dependant person per se cuz I've never lived with a guy (yup, even in the four year deal, I just couldnt give up my own place) yet I am usually part of a couple.

I like to have it both ways I guess: my own independent life AND a boyfriend to love and play with. I'm starting to want a new one already (not that I have any lined up) especially cuz eventhough I just got out of a relationship, I feel like we were out of love way before the break-up, so really its felt longer than a month....BUTTT,...I guess I want to know how long y'll think I should be alone before I venture out into the dating world? (if I can remember how to flirt again) And, Katie I do mean with an emotional component not just sexual, because I'm a hopeless romantic I guess.

Sorry for the long, jumbled introduction!

--------------------
I thank God I was raised Catholic, so sex will always be dirty.--John Waters

+Quote Post
kittenb
post May 1 2006, 09:19 AM
Post #987

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

celimene - the end of your post just made me love you.
Thanks to the world of on-line dating, I have had more dates this year then ever before, and I am not sure what I thought I was missing. It is just not as fun as I thought it would be and I am more than a little frustrated. I am not sure what I should do next.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post

50 Pages V  « < 48 49 50
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 18, 2014 - 07:26 AM