271 Pages V  « < 138 139 140 141 142 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
SSDPrice
post Oct 2 2007, 05:33 PM
Post #2781

QUOTE(firecrotch @ Sep 30 2007, 10:13 PM) *
Hi Stacy
I've been using the hydrogen peroxide douche for about a month now. I started using 50% water 50% peroxide. then I just started using 100% peroxide. I use a baby oral syringe to insert it. it fits perfectly and easy to clean. But I found a reusable douche in one of the adult movie stores . dh bought me in there. i was wondering why it had a douche-anyway. I notice a much better feeling down there. like my vagina just gargled with mouth wash. I don't really have the smell or the discharge, just the irritation and burning like you. i used it for about every other 3 days and after we have sex. which i've only been feeling comfortable with since i started using the peroxide. i don't feel as self conscious.
i hope this helps you

Firecrotch,
Thanks for your reply. I have a couple of more questions for you, if you don't mind. Are you continuously using the peroxide douche? Is the peroxide just the kind that you can buy at the drug store? Are there any other side effects? Thanks a bunch.

Stacy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
virgin4life
post Oct 2 2007, 05:10 PM
Post #2782

BUSTie

Hello Ladies!!

seriously one of you guys should write a book on this! u all are plain genius!!!

Okay so i've had BV for 3 or so years. its neverrr gone away. i tried the folic acid--zip. nada no change what-so-ever. sad.gif then i tried the acidophilus--it def improved for a day or two, then an ammonia smell and back to hell. peroxide douche--so very annoying and smell always comes back. so i just have a few questions:

1.) Metronidazole--flagyl-- if i buy this off the internet is the generic just as good?? how much do i use, (vaginally or oral??), for how long?

2.) I've not had sex, hence the name, and fear i never will if this doesnt go away. so how did i contract this?? ugh. from what i've read it seems to be caused or irritated by having sex.

ANY MORE TIPS WOULD BE SO SO SO APPRECIATED!!! thankyou smile.gif

+Quote Post
sassy
post Oct 2 2007, 07:53 AM
Post #2783

Hardcore BUSTie

Morphia: When I go to the gyno, I always see a nurse practioner because I like her better than my doctor. She does pretty much everything the doctor does with the exception of surgical procedures (such as doing a LEEP procedure on your cervix, or delivering babies...). I find that nurse practioners are usually nicer and I can talk to them easier because some doctors I've been too have had that "Don't ask me any questions" type attitude.

+Quote Post
Claire00
post Oct 2 2007, 06:27 AM
Post #2784

Hello Everyone,
I am so frustrated and just want to cry! I was diagnosed with BV approximately 2 months ago and have had nothing but problems since. I have been on all the prescription meds that the doctors prescribed. Then I came onto a forum and started reading about probiotics. I tried the yogurt/probiotic mixture for about 1 1/2 weeks and symptoms stilled continued. Then I ordered Fem Dophilis. That helped and I actually tested Gardnerella/Candidas free shortly thereafter. But the burning around the vaginal opening continued, the discharge continued and the itching continued.

Now after a week of those symptoms, I have full blown irritation, discharge and a funky smell coming back. UGH!!!! I posted on the prior Forum site and nobody responded. So here I am.

I don't know what to do. Does anybody else have any other ideas of what to try. I've heard about Boric Acid...is that just for the smell or does it really treat the BV? At my wits end....
Claire

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Oct 1 2007, 07:25 PM
Post #2785

Hardcore BUSTie

Ok. I NEED YOU GUYS TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS! Please? biggrin.gif Basically, I know that my bv is not gone. I also know that my strep is still around even though I cultured negative for it last time. I tried to make an appt. with my doc as soon as possible while my symptoms are at their worst and the soonest I could get in is on Thursday...with a Nurse Practitioner. The thing is I've never seen an NP before. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Do any of them know what they're doing? Can they take swabs to send off to be cultured in a lab or can they only take swabs for wetpreps? Thanks guys!

+Quote Post
D double U
post Oct 1 2007, 06:31 PM
Post #2786

BUSTie

Hey all,

Haven't been on here in a while but still suffering with BV off and on. Quick question, a few months ago I read replies stating that Vitamin B6 was helping people in the search for their cure of BV. Is anyone still finding that successful? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
firecrotch
post Sep 30 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #2787

QUOTE(SSDPrice @ Sep 30 2007, 10:50 AM) *
Hello ladies,

I am new to this forum and I am very glad that I found it. I was diagnosed with my first case of BV in June. I have had 2 other bouts (the last one being about 2 weeks ago and I thought that I had it under control). I have taken Flagyl (had an allergic reaction), tried boric acid suppositories, Tindamax, Clindesse, and probiotics. I am at a total loss here. My husband and I have been using condoms since the beginning of August and I still seem to have an infection. (I am very concerned that I am going to have a lot of trouble when we decide to get pregnant.) My symptoms are a little different than others. I don't have the foul odor that some of you describe (I am very sorry to those that do). My symptoms are more external-burning and irritation around my vaginal entrance. My doctor had a local pharamacist compound me a vaginal relief cream (praxomine, hydrocortisone, and lidocaine) and that helps some.

I have always had a discharge and maybe all along I have always had BV; however, my now husband is the first man that I have ever had unprotected sex with (end of May), thus the BV. I realize that the issue is pH of the vagina. I have some Rephresh but haven't tried it yet, although I am not sure that it will help with an existing infection.

I read on another forum about vitamin B deficiencies causing hormone issues which could lead to vaginal issues (ex. BV). Now I am taking 100 mg of B6, a Super B Complex, and 1200 mg of folic acid along with a multivitamin per day. Oh, and I also take probiotics. (I tried Jarrow's Femdophilus and found that it didn't seem to help any better than Nature's Way Primdophilus Ruteuri). So, my last infection was diagnosed over 2 weeks ago. Used Clindesse and thought that I was on my way to BV freedom and BAM! Yesterday I started having symptoms again-external irritation, etc.

I have seen several posts about a hydrogen peroxide douche. Does this help? How do you mix the solution and what do you use to insert it? Is it safe? I have also read many places that say not to do this.

I hope that we can all keep our heads held high and not get discouraged. I hope that you all have wonderful, understanding partners like my husband. I will definitely be checking back often. Maybe we can support each other. Have a great day!

Stacy

Hi Stacy
I've been using the hydrogen peroxide douche for about a month now. I started using 50% water 50% peroxide. then I just started using 100% peroxide. I use a baby oral syringe to insert it. it fits perfectly and easy to clean. But I found a reusable douche in one of the adult movie stores . dh bought me in there. i was wondering why it had a douche-anyway. I notice a much better feeling down there. like my vagina just gargled with mouth wash. I don't really have the smell or the discharge, just the irritation and burning like you. i used it for about every other 3 days and after we have sex. which i've only been feeling comfortable with since i started using the peroxide. i don't feel as self conscious.
i hope this helps you

+Quote Post
SSDPrice
post Sep 30 2007, 08:33 AM
Post #2788

Hello ladies,

I am new to this forum and I am very glad that I found it. I was diagnosed with my first case of BV in June. I have had 2 other bouts (the last one being about 2 weeks ago and I thought that I had it under control). I have taken Flagyl (had an allergic reaction), tried boric acid suppositories, Tindamax, Clindesse, and probiotics. I am at a total loss here. My husband and I have been using condoms since the beginning of August and I still seem to have an infection. (I am very concerned that I am going to have a lot of trouble when we decide to get pregnant.) My symptoms are a little different than others. I don't have the foul odor that some of you describe (I am very sorry to those that do). My symptoms are more external-burning and irritation around my vaginal entrance. My doctor had a local pharamacist compound me a vaginal relief cream (praxomine, hydrocortisone, and lidocaine) and that helps some.

I have always had a discharge and maybe all along I have always had BV; however, my now husband is the first man that I have ever had unprotected sex with (end of May), thus the BV. I realize that the issue is pH of the vagina. I have some Rephresh but haven't tried it yet, although I am not sure that it will help with an existing infection.

I read on another forum about vitamin B deficiencies causing hormone issues which could lead to vaginal issues (ex. BV). Now I am taking 100 mg of B6, a Super B Complex, and 1200 mg of folic acid along with a multivitamin per day. Oh, and I also take probiotics. (I tried Jarrow's Femdophilus and found that it didn't seem to help any better than Nature's Way Primdophilus Ruteuri). So, my last infection was diagnosed over 2 weeks ago. Used Clindesse and thought that I was on my way to BV freedom and BAM! Yesterday I started having symptoms again-external irritation, etc.

I have seen several posts about a hydrogen peroxide douche. Does this help? How do you mix the solution and what do you use to insert it? Is it safe? I have also read many places that say not to do this.

I hope that we can all keep our heads held high and not get discouraged. I hope that you all have wonderful, understanding partners like my husband. I will definitely be checking back often. Maybe we can support each other. Have a great day!

Stacy

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Sep 28 2007, 09:54 PM
Post #2789

BUSTie

I'vehadenough, thats not weird, we do that to because im not on BC...i know i know that a stupid stupid thing to do BUT whatever. We are pretty safe about it most of the time.

+Quote Post
i'vehadenough
post Sep 28 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #2790

BUSTie

Has anyone trued Femanol? I looked through the blog that was listed below but there uas no info on it.
It is just so expensive and I already spent the $ on Enzara not knowin it was a scam. It is wierd though because any reviews I find on line say that it works. Are those but out there by the company?

Also, I have noticed that people are saying that it sucks having to have their partner pull out. Am we the only people that do that normally? We have always done it that way even before the BV started. I mean everyonce in a while he wont but it doesn't make or break the sex for me or him. Just curious

+Quote Post
LoveLife
post Sep 28 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #2791

BUSTie

Hey all~

eye'm back!

Italianwife88... haha! LOL. that's awesome! Sounds like you guys have a good relationship. smile.gif

Brandis... i would suggest Uva Ursi and cutting out sugar and processed food for a while. The Flagyl I don't think will
work, my doc told me it's a different type of infection. Are you using the unsweetened version of cranberry? "Just Cranberry"?
The regular stuff has loads of sugar, which feeds the infection. "Just Cranberry" is really really tart, but i make a cocktail with
orange or lemon seltzer water and it tastes better. Just gotta suck it up and suck it down. I'm used to it now.

As for me, I'm actually feeling better! (except today, but i cheated the last couple days and had wine and sugar. opps.)
But before that I was only noticing a teeny bit of bubbles and itching. I really think it has something to do with the oregano
oil/femdophilis mixture. AND of course, the diet. which is so hard to stay on. i'm going to stay on it until i feel completely better though,
it's worth it. and then hopefully ad in some treats here and there. I found an awesome bread (at least near me) that is yeast AND wheat free.
I don't eat a lot, but its deelish. Oh! And i saw my gyno today for something else and he said he didn't see anything that looked like an infection!
YEAH! First time in at least 2 years I've been to the doc and not had them say "you have BV aaand a yeast infection too. Take all these drugs. Again."

The one thing I'm noticing, as I get a LOT of UTI's (like give me 4 hours between the start of a burning sensation and peeing blood, lotsa hospital bills)
and something I'm taking is bothering my urethra. I'm thinking it's my multi though. It's super potent and maybe my body isn't processing
everything quick enough. Which is a BUMMER because otherwise it makes me feel great. sad.gif Time to find a new one I guess. Maybe something
liquid? Food based? Multiple does per day? Any suggestions?

+Quote Post
brandils
post Sep 28 2007, 05:19 PM
Post #2792

BUSTie

Anybody know if the Flagyl I have ordered will help with a UTI or do I need to do something else? I have been drinking cranberry juice like crazy along with tons of water. I don't want to have to take another antibiotic, one is bad enough. Please Help!!!! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Sep 28 2007, 12:07 PM
Post #2793

BUSTie

Good news ladies! I've been BV free for a week now. The thing that keeps BV away for me is changing my diet. Cutting out sugars and processed foods and bleached foods, and yeast products.

I had unprotected sex with my husband the other night, it was greeeeeeeat. then i did hydroxgen/water treatment for me and made hiim do a penile soak which he brought up by the way. I said 'imma go do my treatment' he said 'wanna make me one?' and i said 'hell yeah!'

+Quote Post
mercurysister
post Sep 27 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #2794

QUOTE(hinyc2007 @ Sep 24 2007, 05:18 PM) *
HELLO EVERYONE! Thank God I found this message board. I'm sorry we are all going through this horrible recurring thing but reading everyone else's experiences sure does help a lot. Thanks to everyone who posts info on their home remedies that they have tried.

I'll try to give everyone the short story and thanks in advance for reading:

I'm 33 years old. 10 years ago I started having a yogurt like yellowish discharge with an odor. It was mistreated as a yeast infection for almost a year and finally the doctor cultured me and found ureaplasma, mycoplasma, gardnerella and strep B. 10 years later, I've never been the same. I've been on boatloads of antibiotics, vaginal creams and gels. The symptoms always come back although my cultures now come back negative. The Metrogel works when I'm on it but the discharge and odor always returns. In addition, over the past year I now bleed everytime I have sex (not a lot) and spot between periods. I had several opinions and all doctors said that the discharge, odor and bleeding is normal. I feel like everything but normal. I'm at my wits end. I also have HPV and had a few LEEP procedures but all of my paps have been normal for the last 3 years.

I started seeing someone new a few months ago and I've been avoiding having sex with him because I'm so embarrased. I know he really wants to perform oral sex on me as well and that thought makes me gag.

Here is my question and I apologize if this was already covered somewhere else on the board:

What tends to work the FASTEST and doesn't leave behind yet another odor or MORE discharge? I tried Rephresh and that made everything worse. I've been taking flax seed, probiotics and eating a few yogurt a day but they haven't helped either. I haven't tried anything else besides a ton of scripts.

I also have Metrogel left over, has anyone tried this say once a week and if so what day should I take it say if I'd like to have sex on a Friday?

Thanks so much. Good luck to everyone in keeping your BV away or at least controlling it.

--------------------------------------------------

Have you tried Boric Acid? Use condoms with this new guy, that should help keep your ph-levels under control. Stay positive!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mercurysister
post Sep 27 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #2795

Good day girls,
I'm new to the site and I find it fantastic! I recently was diagnosed with my first case of BV about a month ago, I was prescribed antibiotics and that did the trick. However, I have had irritating yeast infections in the past and wouldn't be surprised if I didn't have an undiagnosed case of BV in the past. I'm not fond of antibiotics and like to take my health into my own hands. I'm not currently seeing anyone, but I figure in the future there is bound to be fluctuating ph-levels when I do become sexually active again. I'm happy to hear Boric Acid has worked for some of you, and I plan to use it if I get any of the following: itchy, burning, smelly, and irritating symptoms common with BV or Yeast. What is the name of the Boric Acid Brand found at Wal-Mart? Also, where do you buy the capsules? Can you get capsules at Wal-MArt? Has anyone used preventative oral probiotics for vaginal flora? or vitamins? Does it work? I don't like feeling trapped, ashamed, or burdened by my vagina - we are sexual creatures and expressing this side of our feminine need should be worry free and healthy... and if it takes a little maintenance then I am all for it! I'll be using condoms in the future, I think that helps to prevent BV (not to mention safe and smart for STD reasons!). I'm happy to hear all of you are progressive fighters for your wellbeing! Keep up the good discussion.
Cheers!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 27 2007, 08:29 AM
Post #2796

Hardcore BUSTie

OK, never mind!

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post Sep 27 2007, 04:30 AM
Post #2797

BUSTie

Here is lori blog... it is under the blogs section of the site
http://www.bust.com/lounge/index.php?autom...;blogid=11&

+Quote Post
StrawberryLove
post Sep 26 2007, 05:20 PM
Post #2798

I just read a few posts and I want to know Do the herbal remedies work?

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Sep 26 2007, 07:58 AM
Post #2799

Hardcore BUSTie

LORI!!!! WHERE ARE YOU? CAN YOU POST YOU BLOG SWEETIE?? There's alot of newbies on here, and it would be great for them to see the trial an errors!!

MISS YOU!!!

+Quote Post
brandils
post Sep 25 2007, 12:28 PM
Post #2800

BUSTie

Jewelscando

Wanted to say thanks for the website to order the Flagyl. It is on the way and my plan is to try having sex and not making my hubby pull out. Not only is this messy but it really takes away from the mood. If my BV smell comes back at least I have meds on the way. We haven't had good sex in a few months because I am so paranoid the smell will come back. I hate taking antibiotics but at this point I have tried almost all the other methods. I hope that if I need the antibiotics that I can take one course and all the vitamins and such will keep it gone for good. Wish me luck!!!! wacko.gif

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 138 139 140 141 142 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 20, 2014 - 08:18 PM