Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

20 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Having Problems with our Web Site?
vesicapisces
post Jul 16 2006, 05:48 AM
Post #341

Hardcore BUSTie

I know you don't ban users, and that it's useless to try (unless there's some way to block him with the new software?), but that RATFUCK who's posting bloody fetus pictures over in Teen Spirit should be killed off, y'know?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
quantumspice
post Jul 15 2006, 05:08 PM
Post #342

Hardcore BUSTie

have you tried unchecking it, if it's checked?

otherwise, i'd just manually change the time zone so it's the right time and not worry that it's the wrong time zone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
snafooey
post Jul 15 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #343

I said a boom chicka rocka chicka rocka chicka boom

Yeah, I've got it on auto-correct (as far as I know) - not sure why it's not working.

+Quote Post
quantumspice
post Jul 14 2006, 04:17 PM
Post #344

Hardcore BUSTie

Do you have "Auto correct DST?" checked? I do, and with "Eastern Standard" selected [eta: and being in Ohio, that is the correct time zone], I've got the correct time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
snafooey
post Jul 14 2006, 03:35 PM
Post #345

I said a boom chicka rocka chicka rocka chicka boom

It's an hour off for me too (I clicked "Eastern Standard Time" as my preference) - I'm writing this post at 5:52PM.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 14 2006, 06:52 AM
Post #346

Big Fat Bitch

Loving the new Lounge! However, I can't seem to get the correct time for my time zone. Mountain time is an hour off. I have to set it for another time zone for it to be correct. It's no big thing, but my OCD demanded that I say something.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
lollaleeloo
post Jul 13 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #347

Is there an option to have the post ordered in ascending order? I was kinda hoping I wouldn't have to be reading threads from the ground up on the new boards, but that sounds kinda peevish so maybe I'll drop it. The board is gorgeous, btw.

But if there is a way to flip the posting order, please let me know. smile.gif

Love you guys. *mwah*

+Quote Post
zoya
post Jul 13 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #348

uh huh.

I apoloigise if this has been asked already, but I didn't see it anywhere when I looked..

is there anywhere to set the board NOT to show when I've been logged in? I like being on my bulletin boards anonymously (just personal preference) and I notice that it shows at the bottom of the topics who's been on in the last 15 minutes, etc.

Also, is there any setting that will automatically log me out when I close my browser? I didn't see that anywhere either as I navagate around here. I'd love that, I forget all the time to log out and I don't really want to be perpetually logged in.

I love the new lounge so far though!

+Quote Post
sonik
post Jul 13 2006, 01:32 PM
Post #349

Hardcore BUSTie

I tried the password retrieving and everything's a-ok now. Just thouht i'd post it.

Thanks!!

--------------------
"Oh, The Constitution--that pesky thing."

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post Jul 13 2006, 12:53 PM
Post #350

Hardcore BUSTie

I went in to "MY CONTROLS" today to look through the avatars again and was wondering where did all the avatars go? The one I chose yesterday was one of very very many that are no longer an option, that I can find anyway......
Did the avatars options change?

QUOTE(voodoo_princess @ Jul 13 2006, 07:06 PM) *

I went in to "MY CONTROLS" today to look through the avatars again and was wondering where did all the avatars go? The one I chose yesterday was one of very very many that are no longer an option, that I can find anyway......
Did the avatars options change?

Oh.... nevermind..... I think I just figured it out...... duh!

+Quote Post
formerlyGodslion...
post Jul 13 2006, 01:07 AM
Post #351

QUOTE(LoungeLady @ Jul 11 2006, 07:41 PM) *

gods,your username totally exists. but the email your password is being sent to is a gmail acct that begins with the letter j. did you check that account?

Aha! You are far more of a genius than me! Now I just have to remember the password for it.... Thank you!

--------------------
Registered here as Godslioness for over 8 years, but they seem to have lost me in the big update...

+Quote Post
indiechick
post Jul 11 2006, 02:37 PM
Post #352

Hardcore BUSTie

@doodlebug: they are still working on the "edit" function. and the other stuff happens to avoid double posts. this way, your second post will just add itself to your original post.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jul 11 2006, 01:59 PM
Post #353

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

I had to change my password to get my old user name, too.

Now here is a weird thing. I just posted it in the Community Forum:

For some reason, if I need to post twice in a row (thinking, of course, that I can't edit until that feature is fixed), when I click either "fast reply" or "new reply," it seems to add my post to my previous post!! But I still can't edit that particular post.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Jul 11 2006, 01:50 PM
Post #354

Hardcore BUSTie

Does anybody know how I can delete the new profile I started when I was struggling to log in under my old username?

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post
sidecar
post Jul 11 2006, 01:27 PM
Post #355

Queen of the underground

QUOTE(quantumspice @ Jul 11 2006, 06:50 PM) *

I believe they uploaded all of the old user images from the old software. I know that *my* old userpic is in there, anyway. That's probably where it came from.

Yeah, mine was just something in Say Cheese, not my user image, which is why I thought it was weird. My old userpic didn't make it. Which is fine because it was lame.

+Quote Post
sonikkk
post Jul 11 2006, 12:56 PM
Post #356

hmmm....i have to get used to the new lounge too.
I couldn't log in with my old screenname...and i chose a new name and stupidly enough logged in with my old password. I have no idea how to get my old username back. I really shouldn't care, but i don't like the avatar and advanced member stuff. Especially as i am a perpetual newbie since i can never log in with my old username after a lounge-change. Bleh.

The edit features don't work either.

+Quote Post
quantumspice
post Jul 11 2006, 12:33 PM
Post #357

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sillygrrl13 @ Jul 11 2006, 02:01 PM) *

First of all, thank you Yuefie & QuantamSpice for your help!

I tried to fix the incorrect time & it improved, but is still an hour off...& I do know what time zone I'm in. LOL..

Is "Auto correct DST" checked? If not, check it. If so, uncheck it. smile.gif

QUOTE(sillygrrl13 @ Jul 11 2006, 02:01 PM) *

Now, I'm TRYING to put in a picture for my avatar & THAT'S not working. First, I clicked "change personal photo," & it says "Sorry, the board admin. has not enabled permission for this part of the control panel."
Then, I clicked "edit avatar settings," then "upload new image from your computer,"then "browse," then went to "my pictures", clicked the one to use," & submitted. It came up "upload failed contact staff member to remedy. WTF? I realize I am pathetically lacking in tech skills, but I just can't guess what I'm doing wrong here! I SO want you to see my bulldog's picture when I post...dang...

If you have it uploaded elsewhere (livejournal, photobucket, that kind of hting), you can use the "Enter a URL to an online avatar image" to host it. It doesn't look as though they've got uploading avatars enacted yet.

QUOTE(sidecar @ Jul 11 2006, 02:44 PM) *

OK, love the new boards--LOVE IT! I just have one eensy complaint. When I was looking at the base gallery for avatars, I found a three-year-old picture of myself. I'm guessing you just put up anything on your image servers, but I wanted to let you all know about that.

I believe they uploaded all of the old user images from the old software. I know that *my* old userpic is in there, anyway. That's probably where it came from.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sidecar
post Jul 11 2006, 12:27 PM
Post #358

Queen of the underground

OK, love the new boards--LOVE IT! I just have one eensy complaint. When I was looking at the base gallery for avatars, I found a three-year-old picture of myself. I'm guessing you just put up anything on your image servers, but I wanted to let you all know about that.

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post Jul 11 2006, 12:26 PM
Post #359

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(quantumspice @ Jul 11 2006, 01:48 PM) *

It doesn't need to be your real birth year, you can be perpetually 30 if you want wink.gif

lol! - mandi

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
yuefie
post Jul 11 2006, 11:53 AM
Post #360

Lip Balm Aficionado

I read elsewhere on the board that there is some kind of issue with the avatars that is going to be rectified soon. I used photobucket and was able to upload mine.

--------------------
~I'm so tired of being tired
As sure as night will follow day
Most things I worry about
Never happen anyway~

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 19, 2014 - 07:46 AM