271 Pages V  « < 158 159 160 161 162 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
lori
post Jun 26 2007, 10:50 PM
Post #3181

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Jun 26 2007, 09:33 PM) *
ok so after using the yeast arrest for a month the bv was gone for 5 days, came back so i put another one in, gone for 3 days, and yesterday it came back again, so i inserted one tonight. now i'm starting to get depressed again. i don't want to have to put this in every 3 days for the rest of my life. i guess it's on to the next thing. maybe i will try estriol however you spell it. i feel like crying.

Don't use Estroil.

Neverending has been posting since Page 1 of this thread that she has a hormone imbalance, atrophic vaginitis, and now she has PCOS. Her issue isn't really BV. What works for her isn't going to apply to most anyone here. Read this entire thread if you want more details.

Do not use a product that you buy from some PO Box that comes in an unlabeled jar with no instructions. And don't stick some hormone product in your vagina without confirming that you have a hormonal problem from a doctor.

I've already wrote in my blog (and The V Book also confirms) that boric acid is not a cure. It keeps the infection at bay while you're using it, at best. You've been diagnosed with BV at PP and you refused to take the meds. Using boric acid will only control the symptoms for a while, but it will not cure you. That's why the symptoms come back when you stop using it.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jun 26 2007, 10:16 PM
Post #3182

Hardcore BUSTie

ok so after using the yeast arrest for a month the bv was gone for 5 days, came back so i put another one in, gone for 3 days, and yesterday it came back again, so i inserted one tonight. now i'm starting to get depressed again. i don't want to have to put this in every 3 days for the rest of my life. i guess it's on to the next thing. maybe i will try estriol however you spell it. i feel like crying.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 26 2007, 09:57 PM
Post #3183

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't know how many of you have got the V-book yet..but I had read some comments about women refraining from oral sex, because they felt it was a trigger for their BV..maybe its the yeast that is the trigger....

Men need tested for yeast infections, research has proved that yeast infections are passed to us from recieving oral sex And they do need treatment. His mouth should be cultured for yeast, and if positive, he should be treated. Also, his semen needs checked too. (This is in page 199 of V-book)

Also, in Europe, the are using the flora we have discussed earlier....I'm taking a vacation. It's really frustrating that they have those treatment options there..but we are still sitting here waiting for more treatment options. The FDA needs some fire put under their ass

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 26 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #3184

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Jun 26 2007, 04:11 PM) *
Hey Arj.

I have no idea if your doctor is being an ass, but trying to get women to consider that their partner is cheating is actually standard protocol. A lot of women are victims of their men fooling around on them, so gynos have to try and get to the bottom of that. Hopefully he was tactful about it.

As far as the doctor-hopping - if you've had a lot of different doctors, that does always raise a question mark. So I would EXPLAIN to him cogently that it's because they haven't helped you with your problem. Hopefully he's still not as ass after that.

What meds did he prescribe for your BV?

Lori, I explained to him that BV returns with, or without sex, also after my periods, sometimes even between. I understand that a lot of women do have men fooling around on them without their knowledge...but this man was a total dipshit, and lacked any bedside manner. I explained the doctor hopping thing to him, and he had no comment....

As for the meds....Flagyl 500 mg twice a day (7 days) and diflucan....

Maybe someone can help me understand this...BV is a bacterial imbalance..but yet it is causing infections in our urinary tracts and a possible cause for IBS It doesnt make any sense.

Nor does it make sense that I have a yeast infection...without any symtoms...the BV I can understand, but the stinch is not present at this time....

He says their is no link with hormone involvement to bv...however, I am pairing up with Dr. Stewart on this one. I also asked him a few other questions of which he could not even answer. So when I go back for the results of my colpo I will be bringing some information for him so he can maybe have a clue of how to care for the next unlucky girl that has to deal with this crap. (he knew nothing about the meds causing strep b overgrowth, the recent drug that was approved..whatever that name was, nor did had he heard of mobiluncus.

+Quote Post
lori
post Jun 26 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #3185

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 26 2007, 08:31 AM) *
I had my colpo today. I had thought the bv was gone (for now) however, according to him, it is still there. Also, I have a yeast infection (according to him) however, I have no symtoms of this either. I told him that I have been dealing with bv for 2 years...and he suggested to me that my partner was cheating on me. I have no partner at this time. Not only did he insult me, but also made a comment of my "doctor" hopping list. I'd just love to find a doctor that has even the smallest bit of empathy for women that are dealing with this. Do they exist? I really wanted to rip his head off, but I felt like if I got started, I wouldn't be able to shut-up.

Hey Arj.

I have no idea if your doctor is being an ass, but trying to get women to consider that their partner is cheating is actually standard protocol. A lot of women are victims of their men fooling around on them, so gynos have to try and get to the bottom of that. Hopefully he was tactful about it.

As far as the doctor-hopping - if you've had a lot of different doctors, that does always raise a question mark. So I would EXPLAIN to him cogently that it's because they haven't helped you with your problem. Hopefully he's still not as ass after that.

What meds did he prescribe for your BV?

--------------------

+Quote Post
cheryl
post Jun 26 2007, 02:51 PM
Post #3186

Hello to all first time here. My head is spinning after all the reading but at least I dont feel alone now I started having problems about 7 months ago when I started trying to douche with alum Bad Bad idea!! I STARTED WITH A BURNING SENSATION (UNDERSTANDABLE!!) then started having a discharge kind of light yellow with a little dark brown also messy thick gross I have not noticed much smell but the burning is bad. I waited to go to Dr. for about 5 months no insurance and afraid of going! anyway I did go and she ran all tests came back BV got the 7 day meds pills and it seemed like it was almost gone like the meds were working but just not long enough course of meds?? anyway I called Dr. shes been great { nurse practitioner} and she said i possibly got a yeast after taking the antibiotic for the BV I told her I have had maybe 3 yeast infections in my life and this doesnt seem like yeast she insisted so i got the one pill script for yeast maybe i did have a little yeast because it did take some of the inflamation away but still same discharge and burning I've read that some people need to take a longer dose of the antiobiotics and this does help them? I want to call and ask her for another script but I'm afraid she's going to try to talk me out of it. Anyway meanwhile I've used acv hp garlic tea tree oil am going to store tonight to get rephresh maybe will try baking soda dove soap or phisoderm ?? good luck to all Cheryl smile.gif

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jun 26 2007, 11:38 AM
Post #3187

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 25 2007, 10:20 PM) *
Nope neverending, I haven't tried that yet. (have it in my stock pile though lol) I am a little scared about putting anything into my body right now. lol. Honestly, I have noticed improvement (a little) with what I have been doing. I'm trying to stick with mind over body and see how nuts I become first I guess. lol. I need something to relax me, without putting me under a voodoo spell. lol.

Anyone have any ideas of how to slow down a metabolism? I'm 5'9 and 120 pounds... I have been checked for hyperthyroidism, but it came back ok. Is there such a thing as pre-hyperthyroidism? I'm to burnt-out of researching to research it right now. lol

What are you feeling exactly? Here is some info on hyperthyroidism:

http://www.digitalnaturopath.com/cond/C16761.html

I read this one about hypothyroidism, because it pertains to me:

http://www.digitalnaturopath.com/cond/C20313.html

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jun 26 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #3188

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(cinderflower @ Jun 25 2007, 05:15 PM) *
arj75, i highly recommend st. john's wort, valerian root or kava kava if you aren't already taking a prescription SSRI/SNRI. the only thing i noticed from them was sort of a build-up of grogginess after a couple of months or so of taking it every night, (not all of them at once, i varied them) but once i got cymbalta, i quit taking all of them. i took prozac as well and it had weird side effects. i am on a very low (40 mg.) dosage of cymbalta and you might want to try it. the only warning i will offer is that like effexor, it's supposed to be really hard to kick. but i've been taking it almost a year now and am extremely pleased with it. in other words--i went so long without finding anything at all that worked, i have no intention of stopping it unless it stops being effective for some reason.

I think St. John's Wort is amazing. It works really well on anxiety, not just depression. My doctor told me to try it, and it is working for me. It is in liquid form, but not the tiny sublingual bottle, it's a large 8oz bottle. I didn't want to take the pills, because they take too long to digest. I only take a tiny bit of it at a time, 1/4 of a teaspoon, and just keep it under my tongue for a minute or two, because it works best sublingually. When you feel stressed out or anxious, you take the liquid, and it works right away. The brand I am using is so great, I wish I could tell you what it is called, but I read the label, and it doesn't seem to have the company name on it. And I can't seem to find it on the internet. I got it from my doctor.

I am also still taking a tiny amount of L-Theanine (like 1/6 of a capsule) every morning. It seems to be working very well. I'm also taking L-Tyrosine (1/6 of a capsule). Because it is also good for improving your mood. And I feel normal - not at all zoned out or tired.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 26 2007, 09:14 AM
Post #3189

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey everyone,

I had my colpo today. I had thought the bv was gone (for now) however, according to him, it is still there. Also, I have a yeast infection (according to him) however, I have no symtoms of this either. I told him that I have been dealing with bv for 2 years...and he suggested to me that my partner was cheating on me. I have no partner at this time. Not only did he insult me, but also made a comment of my "doctor" hopping list. I'd just love to find a doctor that has even the smallest bit of empathy for women that are dealing with this. Do they exist? I really wanted to rip his head off, but I felt like if I got started, I wouldn't be able to shut-up. I go back in two weeks for the results of my colpo.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 25 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #3190

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 25 2007, 03:09 PM) *
I'm sorry to hear that arj75. Have you tried that L-theanine yet?

Nope neverending, I haven't tried that yet. (have it in my stock pile though lol) I am a little scared about putting anything into my body right now. lol. Honestly, I have noticed improvement (a little) with what I have been doing. I'm trying to stick with mind over body and see how nuts I become first I guess. lol. I need something to relax me, without putting me under a voodoo spell. lol.

Anyone have any ideas of how to slow down a metabolism? I'm 5'9 and 120 pounds... I have been checked for hyperthyroidism, but it came back ok. Is there such a thing as pre-hyperthyroidism? I'm to burnt-out of researching to research it right now. lol

Cinderflower, Thanks for the advice...(I'm not being a smart ass) the fact that you have only had bv a few times and you are here to help...it makes me admire your character greatly!

Also, in the Sunday morning Indy paper...you'll never guess...FDA is putting a "crack down" on the vitamins, herbs, and everything else lots of us here use.

Why all of a sudden do they give a shit..they are passing drugs with a 38% success rate!

+Quote Post
cinderflower
post Jun 25 2007, 02:58 PM
Post #3191

BUSTie

arj75, i highly recommend st. john's wort, valerian root or kava kava if you aren't already taking a prescription SSRI/SNRI. the only thing i noticed from them was sort of a build-up of grogginess after a couple of months or so of taking it every night, (not all of them at once, i varied them) but once i got cymbalta, i quit taking all of them. i took prozac as well and it had weird side effects. i am on a very low (40 mg.) dosage of cymbalta and you might want to try it. the only warning i will offer is that like effexor, it's supposed to be really hard to kick. but i've been taking it almost a year now and am extremely pleased with it. in other words--i went so long without finding anything at all that worked, i have no intention of stopping it unless it stops being effective for some reason.

--------------------
There are more seams to me than there seem to be. ~me, circa 2001.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 25 2007, 01:52 PM
Post #3192

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm sorry to hear that arj75. Have you tried that L-theanine yet?

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 25 2007, 10:23 AM
Post #3193

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 25 2007, 10:08 AM) *
Who else here has social anxiety or depression and what are you taking/doing to overcome this problem?

Neverending, what a great question! I am still a little confused as to whether I am depressed or not....I don't feel depressed, but I am still learning to cope with the tragic loss of my best friend who was murdered, almost one year ago. What I do suffer from and have been for quite sometime is anxiety. And it is horrible. My anxiety level the day before my period.. is something that I don't even know how to describe....

One of the many quacks I have seen.. put me on prozac. All I can tell you is that I have never have had suicidal thoughts in my whole life, but my third week into taking to the medication, I was ready to put a gun to my head. I threw it in the trash, and I am no longer having those feelings. Just anxiety and insomnia...

I have been making changes in my diet, and taking 1500 mg of vitamin C, and a stress B vitamin tab (3 in morning and 3 in evening...

I am hoping that I can overcome this with proper diet and exercise....

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 25 2007, 08:51 AM
Post #3194

Hardcore BUSTie

Who else here has social anxiety or depression and what are you taking/doing to overcome this problem?

+Quote Post
lori
post Jun 24 2007, 10:10 PM
Post #3195

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(kattkiddy @ Jun 24 2007, 08:49 PM) *
I am so frustrated with this. I am 14 weeks pregnant and I have had bv three times! The Dr. says it is common in pregnant women but I know that it can affect the baby. I've tried two different creams and it is reoccuring, does anyone have any suggestions?

Probiotics. Fem-dophilus in particular. Check out my blog (link is in my sig) for more info. Let your doctor know you're planning to take it - let us know what s/he says.

However, aside from probiotics, you should definitely NOT use any of the other products on that list, esp. boric acid. (Maybe RePhresh is okay - I think the insert says it's okay to use during pregnancy. But it doesn't work that well.)

Here's the info. directly from my blog:

Fem-Dophilus (Jarrow)
  • Cons: expensive
  • Conclusion: several members have reported good results; buy it refrigerated (iHerb.com looks like the best online source)

--------------------

+Quote Post
kattkiddy
post Jun 24 2007, 09:32 PM
Post #3196

I am so frustrated with this. I am 14 weeks pregnant and I have had bv three times! The Dr. says it is common in pregnant women but I know that it can affect the baby. I've tried two different creams and it is reoccuring, does anyone have any suggestions?

+Quote Post
lori
post Jun 24 2007, 09:02 PM
Post #3197

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 24 2007, 11:18 AM) *
Also, I wanted to thank Lori for all the time and work she has spent on "the blog", pretty soon her blog will need a mini blog. lol I wish we had a payroll department here.

You're welcome Arj! I'm glad you find it helpful.

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 24 2007, 11:18 AM) *
The popcorn smell..lol....my sister says her snatch smells like onions after eating them... we smell like what we eat?? lol

I definitely think what you eat makes a difference! I've been drinking a lot of Naked Juice (green machine) lately, and I swear that's what I smell like! It's not a bad smell so I don't mind. But it's weird.

Congrats on being BV-free for a while! Hope relief lasts for us.

--------------------

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 24 2007, 07:30 PM
Post #3198

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ilovehim @ Jun 24 2007, 01:47 PM) *
LOL I thought I was the only one with the pop-corn smell. lol
"we smell like what we eat"...I think what we consume does affect our odor, not only vaginal odor but body odor as well. The odd thing is that I have not ate pop-corn in a looooong time. sad.gif

I think the different smells that linger around from time to time are from caused by foods we eat... I think of it this way...the colors yellow and black...make green...pineapple and spinach...make.....??

This is to much TMI, but my ex's love juice tasted different from time to time, depending on what he ate.

Maybe we need a blood hound to join the team to detect early warning signals of BV. lol

I keep a food journal, but I am also gonna start keeping better track of my menstrual cycle..the day I start..the hour ..minute if possible. lol Keep track of how long they last and so forth...the discharge that varies from day to day.

I spoke to my pharmacist this weekend, he says that he knows of doctors putting women on birthcontrol for the sole reason to regulate their hormones better.... But for members like Cancan, of course this is not an option as she is planning to add a member to her family.....

I am still BV free right now. I am in total shock. lol

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jun 24 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #3199

Hardcore BUSTie

oops.. i hit post too many times. double post haha.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jun 24 2007, 01:23 PM
Post #3200

Hardcore BUSTie

so on friday i noticed a little discharge coming out so i put a liner on, and then next time i went to go to the bathroom it was thick (not gooey, almost like powdery??) whitish, yellowish, brownish discharge. and it smelled like onions/garlic. but i had garlic herb potato chips that day so that could have been why i smelled like that. but anyway i put a yeast arrest in at night and since then i've been fine. it's only sunday but we'll see. maybe i'll have to just use one yeast arrest every once in a while, which i am very fine with.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 158 159 160 161 162 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 20, 2014 - 12:30 PM