The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

38 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> large breast support group (cuz we actually need it!)
pug
post Jul 1 2008, 06:02 PM
Post #361

Does anyone know a US retailer who carries anything from Bravissimo? I love the way their dresses look, but I'm one of those people who have to try every size on to know what fits me best and that doesn't really work for a store outside of the US... I checked figleaves.com and biggerbras.com but neither of them carry clothes. sad.gif I never fit right in a dress. I don't even own a single dress b/c I need to wear a bra underneath!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrs-tess
post Jun 25 2008, 08:16 PM
Post #362

QUOTE(kool23kid @ Jun 19 2008, 01:24 AM) *
hi all,

i am new to this lounge. i feel good that there are women who have similar problem to mine.
I have size 32DDD. i kept getting thin and my cup size now look even bigger. its very hard to get bra for this size. even my breasts are sagging. so none of the bras give that much support. i have been buying wacoal bras. But they too after a month or so give less support. can anybody please suggest a nice bra for this size and which can give support for longer time. i am going through a self esteem problem because of this reason. please suggest...

Kool: I have the same problem! LOL I went to my drawer to see what brand my two favorite bras are and one is Modern Movement by Cabernet at Dillards and the other is a wacoal. Something that helped my bras last longer was getting 7-8 bras (I know at this size it's a freakin' investment, but it has proved worth it for me) and rotate them every day, never wearing the same bra twice in one week. The cabernet one is pretty good and it was only like $35 (instead of $50-60 like most bras that are even available in this size). Do you have problems shoppin gfor clothes? I have a hard time finding tops; button ups - forget about it.

Mrs Tess

+Quote Post
Juliesara
post Jun 23 2008, 11:40 PM
Post #363

BUSTie

QUOTE(starre915 @ Jun 24 2008, 12:48 AM) *
I have no idea how to post a new thing so I just replied to this one...sorry! I am 5'6 175 the girls are a whooping 38G. I hate it!!!! I am trying to find a new bra. I really like the Lane Bryant Cacique line. I have to have underwire and full coverage. I just ordered a Le Mystere Carina off ebay, it was so uncomfortable. However it made the girls look great in some of my dressier shirts, but in tshirts they looked like cones?!?! Anyone have any sugesstions on a bra that might work for me???

Try these - really good in tight fitting tops!

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?pr...=trdipu20062008

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=FE-4510

+Quote Post
mamsack
post Jun 23 2008, 07:50 PM
Post #364

BUSTie

QUOTE(geekchickknits @ Jun 23 2008, 12:56 PM) *
mamsack, if you're Canadian, the breast reduction surgery should be covered under your provincial health care plan (my sister's was, and we're in Ontario). She was very happy with it. I'm not sure about loss of sensation, and although she had a little difficulty with milk production once she started breast feeding, she was able to get it flowing enough to feed my niece without supplementing. That being said, I know given the choice she would still have the surgery again.

Thanks for the info--i am SO not canadian--stress there on (between the lines) not the insurance to cover it..

+Quote Post
starre915
post Jun 23 2008, 06:31 PM
Post #365

I have no idea how to post a new thing so I just replied to this one...sorry! I am 5'6 175 the girls are a whooping 38G. I hate it!!!! I am trying to find a new bra. I really like the Lane Bryant Cacique line. I have to have underwire and full coverage. I just ordered a Le Mystere Carina off ebay, it was so uncomfortable. However it made the girls look great in some of my dressier shirts, but in tshirts they looked like cones?!?! Anyone have any sugesstions on a bra that might work for me???

+Quote Post
geekchickknits
post Jun 23 2008, 11:39 AM
Post #366

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(mamsack @ Jun 22 2008, 07:13 PM) *
Stats: 5'8, slightly overweight but aside from a slight gut, it's mostly boob. They're driving me nuts. Not only the clothes issue (which really is driving me nuts) but sometimes just the "jesus, get them OFF ME" feeling. I would love to have surgery but for the pain and expense... maybe it's worth it, i don't know. I felt I should lose all the extra weight before I even thought about trying to get insurance coverage... at any rate, I'm looking for clothes.

mamsack, if you're Canadian, the breast reduction surgery should be covered under your provincial health care plan (my sister's was, and we're in Ontario). She was very happy with it. I'm not sure about loss of sensation, and although she had a little difficulty with milk production once she started breast feeding, she was able to get it flowing enough to feed my niece without supplementing. That being said, I know given the choice she would still have the surgery again.

+Quote Post
mamsack
post Jun 22 2008, 06:44 PM
Post #367

BUSTie

Good, thanks, I look forward to viewing the link, thank you!

+Quote Post
mamsack
post Jun 22 2008, 06:43 PM
Post #368

BUSTie

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jun 22 2008, 06:32 PM) *
Mamsack, there is a thread in AbFab for clothes. I'll bump it for you.

I must admit that I've thought about a reduction at times, but it freaks me out that they move your nipples around & there is a possibilty of loss of sensation. I like my nipples. Barbie wouldn't have been smiling so big if she knew she'd misplaced her nipples.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 22 2008, 05:15 PM
Post #369

Big Fat Bitch

Mamsack, there is a thread in AbFab for clothes. I'll bump it for you.

I must admit that I've thought about a reduction at times, but it freaks me out that they move your nipples around & there is a possibilty of loss of sensation. I like my nipples. Barbie wouldn't have been smiling so big if she knew she'd misplaced her nipples.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
mamsack
post Jun 22 2008, 04:56 PM
Post #370

BUSTie

QUOTE(kool23kid @ Jun 19 2008, 12:24 AM) *
hi all,

i am new to this lounge. i feel good that there are women who have similar problem to mine.
I have size 32DDD. i kept getting thin and my cup size now look even bigger. its very hard to get bra for this size. even my breasts are sagging. so none of the bras give that much support. i have been buying wacoal bras. But they too after a month or so give less support. can anybody please suggest a nice bra for this size and which can give support for longer time. i am going through a self esteem problem because of this reason. please suggest...

I'm new here also, found the site searching desperately (again, and still fruitlessly) for clothes for large busted women. I have had great success with Lane Bryant's line of cacique full coverage balconette bras (depending on the bra I wear 38DDD to 40G, in balconnettes the former size).

Stats: 5'8, slightly overweight but aside from a slight gut, it's mostly boob. They're driving me nuts. Not only the clothes issue (which really is driving me nuts) but sometimes just the "jesus, get them OFF ME" feeling. I would love to have surgery but for the pain and expense... maybe it's worth it, i don't know. I felt I should lose all the extra weight before I even thought about trying to get insurance coverage... at any rate, I'm looking for clothes.

SUGGESTIONS (particularly easy to wear professional garb)? ??

+Quote Post
BustiRubi
post Jun 19 2008, 05:45 PM
Post #371

BUSTie

I'm sorry,
I just have to say is that it kinda bums me out to shop online for bras that have sizes or specialize in full figure bras but
I don't see very many full figured models....am I being awkward right now, I don't mean to offend but I don't really know how to imagine it on my body/ boobs if they're not large like mine. I don't know how to describe it. then it makes me reluctant to buy it because I must try it on to see the fit....does the photo matter any way? because it would end up looking different on me anyway...

I recently went to my doctor to talk about my back problems and that I would like to have a breast reduction, instead she recomended more exercise and prescripted drugs......

I'm perfectly fine with keeping my breasts, but I don't understand why they treat the symptom instead of the problem. Truth is I do have pretty poor posture etc..I'm so confused right now.

I might be sounding pessimistic right now but I'm PMSing and tired of having to deal with all the cons of having large breasts right now....

I've also just noticed that my boyfriend has started to comment how much he likes them...when before he told me he didn't care what size they were and was ok with the surgery because I needed it. I can tell he will miss them, and although I don't need his approval or anything like that, I'm just sick of them being such a topic of conversation and being teased about them sometimes from strangers or people I barely know. I don't think it's funny anymore.

+Quote Post
BustiRubi
post Jun 19 2008, 05:43 PM
Post #372

BUSTie

PMS :?

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Jun 19 2008, 05:17 PM
Post #373

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey kool you might want to check out this website.

http://www.figleaves.com/us/home.asp

I was at a rock and roll show that included a fashion show. the clothes were cute but I couldn't fit even a nipple in them. Is it too much to ask that someone designs clothes for women who have tits? I look at clothes and think can I wear a bra with this? if the answer is no, then fuckin forget it.

+Quote Post
kool23kid
post Jun 18 2008, 11:07 PM
Post #374

hi all,

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Jun 11 2008, 04:08 PM
Post #375

Hardcore BUSTie

prophecy grrl, it's under 'ladies who lounge' as opposed to the regular forums.

--------------------
"To lose everything at the edge of such a glorious eternity is far sweeter than to win by plodding through a cautious, painless, and featureless life."

+Quote Post
prophecy_grrl
post Jun 11 2008, 03:37 PM
Post #376

Hardcore BUSTie

thanks for putting things in perspective, polly. actually, that was really the point I was trying to make all along, though the quote certainly makes it more succinct. rolleyes.gif

dj-where is this "take it outside" thread that you speak of?

ETA: moved my final comments to "take it outside" - thanks dj!

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jun 11 2008, 02:53 PM
Post #377

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

*delurks*

There's a quote that comes to mind, I think from Kathy Najimy, and paraphrased, it's something like "Men want us to keep competing with each other to stop us from taking over the world."

*relurks*

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Jun 11 2008, 10:11 AM
Post #378

Hardcore BUSTie

i've been out of the loop entirely for the last week and just now caught up on all the discussions. i'm posting a response to everyone in the 'take it outside' thread. not because i want to fight, but because i don't want to derail this thread or the sbsg thread any further.

--------------------
"To lose everything at the edge of such a glorious eternity is far sweeter than to win by plodding through a cautious, painless, and featureless life."

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Jun 10 2008, 12:31 PM
Post #379

Hardcore BUSTie

perhaps it shouldnt have been in quotes, because it was not a quote... but that is the reason to go into support group threads. i'll italicize it. either way. the small breast group is NOT and has not been a place to trash talk large breasted women. every woman struggling with this issue, who expresses her views in that thread, is quite sensitive and compassionate by nature. to take a comment out of context is completely not fair. for the most part, we try to understand what society's fascination with breasts is in the first place... what we happen to observe and discuss from that vantage point is sometimes flavored with taking emphasis or importance off women's mammaries, whether small or large. othertimes, we look for the benefits of having small breasts, or we celebrate them, or we vent our frustrations, or share our experiences. none of this is intended to be at the expense of the large busted, but sometimes we (or rather i should speak for myself).. am not overly concerned with the hypothetical reaction of someone i may or may not be offending by expressing my opinions in a thread specifically intended for women with small breasts. so i do not recant anything i have said, but i will apologize for any misunderstanding.

again neurotic nelly, excellent points.

--------------------
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
neurotic.nelly
post Jun 10 2008, 12:00 PM
Post #380

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(prophecy_grrl @ Jun 10 2008, 10:18 AM) *
I think both the small and large busties struggle with the same issue - not fitting into this "normative" femininity that we perceive - I mean how many women out there really have "just right" boobs (or any other body part for that matter)? So, I actually don't think it's a "grass is always greener" issue, I think it's an over emphasis/sexualization of breasts that all women - regardless of the size, shape, condition, or degree to which she displays them - have to cope with on some level. That goes for women with implants, too - they've just internalized it on a level others have not. I've often wised that I had a more "normal" bra size to make shopping easier and less expensive, or that my button down shirts fit a little better, but I've never thought that women with smaller boobs necessarily have it "easier," so it surprises me a little that they think we do.

"The grass is always greener": When I wrote that I think I was referring to the issues that result from having larger breasts vs. smaller breasts, "our issues are worse than yours!" that is how it feels to us sometimes therefore the grass is greener over there because even though you have back or bra problems etc. y'all do not have to deal with the psychological torment of feeling inferior as a woman. Not every small breasted woman feels this way. I do not feel inferior, I have an abundance of curves in all the right places with small breasts. I still have to arm myself psychologically so as not to internalize false conceptions of beauty or womanliness etc.

If the breasts are too small or too large they are a target for criticism, and/or objectification. The C cup is the most ideal, I think, right in the middle, not too big or too small and therefore free from criticism and garment issues, but still not free from objectification =/

--------------------
Earth: A Satanically ran planet where 98% of it's inhabitants are unquestioning, conformist idiots who are totally controlled and manipulated by the Satanic governments of the world and have been made complacent by said governments, through rigorous brainwashing.

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 17, 2014 - 03:33 PM