The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 181 182 183 184 185 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
karategrrl
post Mar 13 2008, 07:02 AM
Post #3641

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(starship @ Mar 13 2008, 02:36 AM) *
Partly why Im so against surgery. Its increasingly portrayed as an essential and sensible step if you dont have big boobs. Like getting braces if your teeth are wonky or contacts if youre shortsighted. People are becoming too blithe about it...

I totally agree. I actually am not against all cosmetic procedures. I've had a couple of veins on my face zapped b/c I was tired of every day slathering concealer on them. I also had a small mole removed b/c it was right under one of my nostril folds--people were always looking at it...occasionally some nice person would take me aside and tell me I had a snot on my face. It was not a snot, it was my lovely mole. laugh.gif I got tired of that and had it removed.

I don't know, maybe I am a hypocrite b/c all that said, I am against things like breast implants. I guess it's because with that sort of procedure there is so much more intangible stuff that goes along with it--all the stuff we discuss here. Plus, procedures like breast implants are such drastic procedures which introduce permanent foreign objects into the torso (which need daily maintenance), and all because, supposedly, "bigger is better." that, to me, is not enough reason to go through major surgery and contribute to society's f*cked up views about women.

Yes, DJ, the Brava Bra--that's what it was called! I had no idea there was actually scientific evidence supporting it. But yes, 10 hours a day? How do you explain that at work? laugh.gif

I, too, have forgotten my bra when attending karate class. I don't have much, but it hurt the way they were bouncing around. Made me glad they weren't any bigger, that's for sure! I am s-t-r-e-a-m-l-i-n-e-d!

Love you all!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
edie52
post Mar 13 2008, 04:21 AM
Post #3642

Hardcore BUSTie

Partly why Im so against surgery. Its increasingly portrayed as an essential and sensible step if you dont have big boobs. Like getting braces if your teeth are wonky or contacts if youre shortsighted. People are becoming too blithe about it...

Sharship, you're in the UK, right? I can see why you feel that way (maybe even more than the rest of us)- I recently flipped through a copy of British Glamour (or something like that), and the back of the mag was full of boob-job ads. And the women's breasts looked pretty nice, not gross and fake. And there were tag lines like "make this your best summer yet" and stuff about revealing your "true self." Shit, I was almost convinced. It's pretty sick.

I guess in American magazines they have those ads, but not in such high concentration. There are also a lot of weight loss ads, and skin ads, which don't affect me on such a personal level. And I guess having lived in Canada, and now Sweden, I haven't been so exposed to that. Maybe it's just the circles I travel in, but I've barely ever seen fake boobs in my life, though of course there is still pressure to look a certain way.

+Quote Post
starship
post Mar 12 2008, 08:19 PM
Post #3643

Hardcore BUSTie

I sometimes read the large breast thread to make myself feel better. and then feel like an awful person. and still secretly want their boobies...

I cant imagine the boob frenzy ending any time soon either sad.gif. If nature were left to take its course then maybe it would. But anyone with a C or below is getting surgery nowadays and the rest are usually stuffing their bras anyway. How can something become admired if its never seen. I imagine in 20years time a girl with small breasts will not just feel like a minority but an absolute freak of nature. She will have nothing to look to to reassure her that her body is normal. Partly why Im so against surgery. Its increasingly portrayed as an essential and sensible step if you dont have big boobs. Like getting braces if your teeth are wonky or contacts if youre shortsighted. People are becoming too blithe about it...
I dont fit into any of your descriptions Dj-Biz. Must be a new breed of irregular

I saw a short film clip today demonstrating how a mammogram is performed. They seemed to erm clamp the breast inbetween two large plates to take the scan. Sounds silly but it worried me a little for the future because I can imagine them having trouble finding much to grab hold of :/. Has anyone here had a mammogram and how did it go?
haha i am aware i worry too much...

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Mar 12 2008, 08:55 AM
Post #3644

Hardcore BUSTie

sorry for a double post, but i'd like to retract my use of 'regular-shaped.' i do NOT want to imply that large or particularly svelte women are 'irregular.' maybe, average-shaped is better?

--------------------
"To lose everything at the edge of such a glorious eternity is far sweeter than to win by plodding through a cautious, painless, and featureless life."

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Mar 12 2008, 08:41 AM
Post #3645

Hardcore BUSTie

i always feel for the ladies at the gym who have to strap themselves in before they can work out. although, just because my breasts are small doesn't mean it feels good when they bounce up and down repeatedly. i was at the gym the other day and i usually just go to school early in my workout clothes and shower and change there. well, i'd picked out my entire outfit but forgot to pack a bra. one of my classmates was there at the same time and i was laughing at myself because it was going to be 'nipple-mania,' all day for me. she said, 'you're so lucky. i've got D's and if i forgot my bra, i wouldn't be able to go to class!'

another moment of vindication, if you will, while i was bathing suit shopping the other day. i came out of the dressing room to show my bf the teeny-weeny bikini. there were a couple other ladies in the store, one of them was particularly busty. she saw me in the mirror and said, 'i don't want to sound rude, but i am so jealous of you! i love that style of swimsuit but there is no way i can get these (and she grabbed her boobs) into something like that. i would just look ridiculous.' just goes to show, the grass is greener on both sides.

on a more philosophical note, i fear that the era of breast-obsession won't be coming to an end any time soon. in fact, in think our total obsession with youth and beauty will continue wax out of control with the continuous onslaught of media. the art world seems to be an area that is at least somewhat insulated from all that shite. yes, art imitates life, but in real life, women (and men for that matter) don't look like people from the pages of magazines. that's because those people are atleast somewhat computer generated. i think art will forever be a haven of true beauty, because it doesn't just speak to the exterior or the material, it has an inner beauty, an inner voice that we as human beings can connect to. when i look at a self-portrait of frida kahlo, her uni-brow, her mustache, whatever, it all looks stunning to me. that's because i'm not just looking at her exterior beauty, i feel like i'm looking into the seat of her soul, her self and that is more moving than any glossy ad in cosmo. however, i have to admit that i do enjoy some high fashion photography on an artistic level, even though high-fashion is at least partly responsible for distorted body images. what bothers me most about fashion now adays is this polarized dichotomy. on the one end there are super-slender, tall, pubescent looking women and on the other, full-figured 'plus-size' models. where is the in between? where is the average-shaped woman? where are the sizes 8-12? those are the most common sizes! it reminds me of an episode of 'america's next top model,' where they had a beautiful, plus-sized model. she made it through pretty close to the end and then she started to lose weight. the judges were criticizing her for losing weight. she was starting to look, well, alot like me! there is no space for the regular-shaped women of exceptional beauty. maybe it's the way the camera misrepresents reality. i dunno. sorry for getting so off topic

*high-fives* all around to small-busted busties!

--------------------
"To lose everything at the edge of such a glorious eternity is far sweeter than to win by plodding through a cautious, painless, and featureless life."

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Mar 11 2008, 10:48 PM
Post #3646

Hardcore BUSTie

i saw a very large chested woman running today. she had boob all over the place, and i felt bad for her... she looked rather awkward and uncomfortable. another reason that small titties are good, easier to exercise!

--------------------
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
starship
post Mar 10 2008, 05:36 PM
Post #3647

Hardcore BUSTie

Knew they were the in-thing at some point Crinoline smile.gif. The art stuff was really interesting. Im pretty sure most women still look that way but we just dont see it enough. It's strange how seeing someone with a body similar to your own can make you feel more validated. & i really hope youre right about the 'breast obsession bomb'. Enough with the boobies already...
Yeah, that was the bra I was talking about. I saw something about it in a magazine and thought that surely if it worked like they said, everyone would invest in one...they failed to mention the minor detail of wearing it for 10hrs though! thats crazy. And if its only swelling like karategrrl said then wouldnt it just go back down again when you stop using it? Sounds ridiculous anyway...

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Mar 10 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #3648

Hardcore BUSTie

thanks for that tour through the art world, crinoline! i remember looking at boticelli's 'birth of venus' when i was in florence (or is it in milan, i can't remember which) and feeling very close to her. even though my skin is alot darker, her body reminded me of my own. i liked the kallpygos venus as well, from which we derive the word, callipygean- posessing a large, beautiful posterior. it's one of my favorite words.

as for the 'brava' sucking bra method, i'm embarassed to say that i've done some research on it. they do warn about skin irritation, but it actually does work (kind of) according to the research. there are a few articles published in respected scientific/medical journals, however the sample sizes are pretty small for each study (no more than 40 women) and most women were able to pump up about a cup size or less. i read the article in 'elle' magazine about it and the technology is based on reconstruction procedures for limbs etc and also breast reconstruction for women who have had masectomies. it costs about $1200 and you do have to where it for 10 hours a day for three months. who has time for that? not anyone i know. simply, not worth it to me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Mar 9 2008, 05:50 PM
Post #3649

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(starship @ Mar 7 2008, 05:15 PM) *
Has anyone seen/thought about trying that weird big sucky bra thing that er 'stretches' your boobs bigger?

My friend tried that. I forget the name of it at the moment, but it's this twin suction device (think breast pumps) that you have to wear for like 10 hours a day or some crap. It's supposed to stimulate breast growth. Well, it does make them swollen for a short time--a few hours(?) because, hey, if you suck on anything for long enough, it gets swollen! (Hmmm...feel free to read into that anyway you wish...but I digress!)

My friend got BLISTERS on her chest skin from using this device. Ridiculous. And after all these hours she spent doing this and basically getting diaper rash on her breasts, her breasts are the same. Waste of time, money, energy!

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Mar 7 2008, 04:27 PM
Post #3650

Hardcore BUSTie

Boobs have become a fashion accessory. It's like how in Elizabethan times people painted their faces with lead and drew veins on their beasts to make themselves appear pale and white; now they smother themselves in orange crap to look more exotic. Apparently small boobs were all the rage in the 40s too. but dont quote me on that...anyway, societys general perception of beauty changes all the time. Just because we happen to be in an era which praises traits we dont posess does not mean that we arent still beautiful. So-called unconventional beauty. (the best sort smile.gif).

Yes! I'm an art history minor, and it's amazing to watch the preference for the "ideal" body type change over time. The 1940's (unless you mean another 40s) were actually the beginning of the sweater girl (And V-girls, painted on planes). The 1920s were a time when small breasts were so in vogue that women bound their chests, like we pad our bras today.
Here is a good article that provides an accelerated survey of the female nude in art.
It's also true that the breasts rendered by artists are natural breasts, unless it is an extremist work. And across time, natural has been beautiful. It still is. Notice that the Venus de Milo , which is a mathematically perfect female form, does not have cleavage. It's not necessary.
I hope that we are merely suffering the tail end of the large breast obsession bomb that went off in the 1950s. I think it's subsiding in waves.
Anyway, appreciate what you've got, and think how beautiful you would look on canvas wink.gif .

As for the sucky bra- Gaahhh! No!! What is that!?

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
starship
post Mar 7 2008, 10:58 AM
Post #3651

Hardcore BUSTie

well I dont think we'd have these thoughts if it wasnt for society and the norms it imposes. The bra thing annoys me. I think if padded bras didnt exist then it would be much less of an issue because seeing women with smaller breasts would be more normal and perhaps accepted. Most women cover them up as though its a dirty shameful secret (myself included). At the same time I like to have the illusion of boobs because i think it makes me look better. simple as. I look more proportionate and clothes fit nicely. Im not gonna ditch them any time soon but cant help feeling like Im contributing to the problem myself by making small breasts seem so rare and irregular. hmm, its a conundrum. I think if I felt it looked good Id have no problem going au-naturel. I found a fab bikini the other day which is slightly moulded but doesnt really add anything, and it looks great on me:). Boobs have become a fashion accessory. It's like how in Elizabethan times people painted their faces with lead and drew veins on their beasts to make themselves appear pale and white; now they smother themselves in orange crap to look more exotic. Apparently small boobs were all the rage in the 40s too. but dont quote me on that...anyway, societys general perception of beauty changes all the time. Just because we happen to be in an era which praises traits we dont posess does not mean that we arent still beautiful. So-called unconventional beauty. (the best sort smile.gif).
Recently Ive noticed that the general consensus seems to be that the shape is far more important than the size. Hmm, not too sure if I rate the shape of mine either:/. dang
Has anyone seen/thought about trying that weird big sucky bra thing that er 'stretches' your boobs bigger?

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Mar 7 2008, 03:03 AM
Post #3652

Hardcore BUSTie

((karategrrl))

starship: i dont "blame" society necessarily.. we are each responsible for ourselves, our feelings, and our thoughts. i'm sure there are plenty of small breasted women in the world who are most likely unaffected by anyone else's opinions about breast size. i suppose the point that i was trying to make is that i think we have to figure out where these 'issues' originated, in order to get a better understanding of ourselves. there are some women who are comfortable with their bodies, and there are some women who arent as much. when i'm around people who accept me for whom i am, i could really care less. but when i'm confronted with messages from the media/society, i feel ill, insignificant, and inferior. and why is that? i can be so confident on one level, and completely neurotic and insecure on another.. and i'd much rather be consistently ok with myself than try to hide or deny the things i dont really like about myself. i hate feeling not-good-enough, and i'm sure most other people do too.. that's why they turn to the silicone or the sports cars or the bigger [thisthatortheother] from a pill. yes i wear water bras. and before i started wearing them, thoughtless people through the years straight up told me that my boobs dont measure up. granted that was when i was a younger, but it still stuck with me. so if i have to throw a water bra on and forget about it, i will. maybe one day, quite soon since i'll be turning thirty, i'll start wearing my regular bras more often than not... i dunno. i guess i see water bras the same as i see wearing make up, at the end of the day i can return to my regular, irregular self. and i will always have the opportunity to explore my thoughts further to finally be liberated from these useless concerns -vs- if i were to do something drastic to change my appearance i would subsequently always feel as though i sold myself out. does that make sense?

ps. i am SO buying that shirt.
pps. dont mean to be a thread hog. *snortsnort*

--------------------
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
starship
post Mar 6 2008, 06:05 PM
Post #3653

Hardcore BUSTie

This thread has been an education in itself.

Sure I still want boobs (please God?). But it's only as big an issue as you make it. Im still hot. Im still sexy. and most importantly Im still me. Looks can only get you so far and make you so happy (unless you lack the intelligence to aspire further than shallow wants)

Hmm I blame society too Knorl. But on the other hand, arent I part of society...I wear padded bras. As if to say breasts like mine are shameful and need to be disguised. I feel like I can't complain about the society I contribute to. I feel like Im just as bad as the women who bitch and turn their noses up at other small breasted girls. One day I shall ditch the bras....

I want this. I want the balls to wear this.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Mar 6 2008, 07:54 AM
Post #3654

Hardcore BUSTie

Knorl, I couldn't have said any of that better myself!

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Mar 5 2008, 01:45 PM
Post #3655

Hardcore BUSTie

yes karategrrl that is a good one..

thoughts. primarily centered around the comment that dj biz made, that as liberated feminists we're not supposed to be fettered by ideas that our predetermined femininity/sex appeal determine our worth. and that's entirely right on... i realize how much time i've wasted on hating my body, and the psychological ramifications that i've encountered as a result. we can't truly be liberated or empowered if we are allowing ourselves to fall victim to prejudices and misconceptions of those who are not liberated or empowered.

and i suppose that's where a bulk of our problems lie.. the society, culture, community, belief systems that nurture us are rooted in these very traditional and homogeneous ideals. and because we are a member of these things whether or not we like it, we are going to be affected by them. and so that is the challenge.

to admit that particular influences impose on our lives and well being, is not the same as mindlessly following these influences, imo. unless we completely shelter ourselves from the (un)real world, we are going to have to deal with these very real things that are going on around us. and that, is what i find so valuable about this board. not just that we are all carrying the same weight, but that we are choosing to take it on and figure it out, and help eachother along in the process.

so love and hugs to my fellow (small busted) busties for being such strong women.

--------------------
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Mar 3 2008, 02:42 PM
Post #3656

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey guys, another empowering song I discovered: “Video” by India Arie. It’s not new, but new to me. There’s a great line in it: “Keep your silicone/I prefer my own/What God gave me is just fine…”

She’s so cool.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Feb 29 2008, 09:51 PM
Post #3657

Hardcore BUSTie

"They had hired a professional oriental dancer like she was a stripper! And then they wanted to stuff dollar bills in her costume!"

Ugh. With the popularity of contemporary stripping, men expect all kinds of dance to be like that. I am happy they didn't get any entertainment that night!

"In fact, several women in my dance troupe will not perform if there are men present for cultural/religious reasons."

You go, girls! I agree--I would feel more comfortable dancing for women only so as not to be ogled at. But I would dance for my hubby! wink.gif

"On the topic of small boobies, I was depressed because my boobs were at the smallest end of their cycle (they go up and down about half a cup each month). Crinoboy was like "let me see them" so he proceeded to examine them thoroughly before announcing "they're perfect!". lol, I feel like I passed inspection!"

That is SO cool he said that. Hey at least yours go up and down. Mine just stay down!

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Feb 28 2008, 02:35 PM
Post #3658

Hardcore BUSTie

You should take a class! Look around your community, many colleges and ballroom facilities offer classes. Dancing has always made me feel more feminine. Belly dance (or raqs sharqi if you're interested) in particular makes me feel powerful and feminine. And, small breasts can be an asset when you're busting out the shimmies. If you got hips (and everyone's got hips), you can dance.

Speaking of misinformed men, a friend of mine had a dance gig at what she thought was a wedding reception, but it turned out to be a bachelor party. They had hired a professional oriental dancer like she was a stripper! And then they wanted to stuff dollar bills in her costume! Needless to say, they were left without entertainment for the night. Even at legitimate dance events, some guys can't seem to keep their hands to themselves (pigs.).
I told my hubby how historically, female belly dancers danced for other females--males had male dancers, because the genders were kept segregated. He was totally shocked at that! Ha.

-exactly. In fact, several women in my dance troupe will not perform if there are men present for cultural/religious reasons.

On the topic of small boobies, I was depressed because my boobs were at the smallest end of their cycle (they go up and down about half a cup each month). Crinoboy was like "let me see them" so he proceeded to examine them thoroughly before announcing "they're perfect!". lol, I feel like I passed inspection!

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Feb 28 2008, 12:12 PM
Post #3659

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(crinoline @ Feb 28 2008, 02:44 PM) *
I do want to say though, as a belly dancer myself, that we are NOT equivalent with "strippers" or anything like that. In the U.S., belly dancing has been sexualized as a dance for men, when it actually originated as a dance to celebrate femininity. We (dancers) are constantly being confronted with misconceptions, especially from men.

Hey Crinoline,

I love belly dancers/dancing--I know a little about the background of the art. My issue is not with the dance but--as you mentioned--how American men seem to perceive it. Unfortunately, I think they do liken it to stripping because it's the closest thing they can relate it to. I told my hubby how historically, female belly dancers danced for other females--males had male dancers, because the genders were kept segregated. He was totally shocked at that! Ha.

I apologize if I sounded like I perceived it wrong. Considering that the men that were to be in attendance at this particular party were industrial workers and don't know a thing about dance as an art form, it would have been a crotch-grabbing, ogling thing to them--and that's what would have bugged me. wink.gif

Actually, I would like to take a class. smile.gif

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Feb 28 2008, 08:27 AM
Post #3660

Hardcore BUSTie

hi all!
I glad ya'll worked everything out, karate grrl. I do want to say though, as a belly dancer myself, that we are NOT equivalent with "strippers" or anything like that. In the U.S., belly dancing has been sexualized as a dance for men, when it actually originated as a dance to celebrate femininity. We (dancers) are constantly being confronted with misconceptions, especially from men.

knorl05- I want that blue bathing suit!

ETA: Tropical conference sounds good to me! I'm already at the beach, so we could meet here and head off into the sunset... (with IBTColadas, of course)

--------------------

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 181 182 183 184 185 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 26, 2014 - 10:16 AM