Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 248 249 250 251 252 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
qjo
post Aug 9 2006, 06:46 AM
Post #4981

Hello ladies,

I am 28 years old and I've been battling BV on and off for about 4 years now. It began with the ping pong effect of bv and then yeast. I would get BV once every 6 months or less often. Then every 3 to 4 months and now I've had it twice in lesss than two months. On top of that I"ve been diagnosed with having vulvodynia, which my doctor presumes was brought on by over the counter yeast infection creams.

I've been researching this for years and have used everything from clindesse, metrogel, garlic cloves (inserted) to Wise Woman suppositories recommended by my naturopath, acidophilus suppositories, twice daily yogurt suppositories (which got rid of the symptoms for months at at time but now isnt as effective), oregano oil, herbal infused douches, berberine complex (from goldenseal)...you name it. They all worked but it was only temporary appeasement.

I got a second course of antibiotics for my beau and myself. It worked the first time around but after the second time of unprotected sex with him (he is uncircumsized) it came back.

I've decided to follow this regimen before taking metronidazole and so far the symptoms are gone but the bacteria could very well still be there on a microscopic level. The repHresh/acidophilus milk/water seemed to have cleared up the odor. I've decided to take the antibiotics after my period comes since the blood is alkaline and will more than likely encourage the growth of bacteria. During the course of antibiotics I will still follow this regimen until my doctors appointment. If everything is clear I will contine the regimen and take acidophilus (got from pharmacy at cvs), acdiophilus milk internally and vaginally (especially after sex, proctected for atleast 1-3 months). I've also bought some plain organic Kefir, Stoneyfield and HOrizon ogranic yogurt to eat daily. Here is my regimen:

Regimen

Systemic support

Cut out sugars, breads, yeast, processed and refined foods as much as possible
Drink6-10 cups of water daily (48-80ounces)
Consume 4-8 ounces of plain organic yogurt
Take 4-10 Table spoons of acidophilus milk
Drink 6-8 ounces of unsweetened cranberry juice daily
Take 4-12 cranberry capsules with water daily
Take Immune Health supplement "System Well Ultimate Imumunity" by Nature's Way 3 pills 2x daily
Drink several cups of strong Pau d arco tea (unsweetened)
Take 1000mg – 3000mg of Vitamin C daily
Take 60 mg of Zinc daily
Take 2000mg to 6000mg of Flaxeed Oil daily (2-6 gel caps)
Take 2-4 garlic pills daily with meal

Internal support

Alternate:

Use Rephresh gell every three days. Use acidophilus milk/water douche (morning and night) on days not using rephresh gel. i.e. if you use Rephresh gel in Monday, use acidophilus milk/water douche morning and night on Tuesday and Wednesday and Rephresh on Thursday and so on.

Note: after doctor’s visit continue with rpH gel twice weekly and the Acidophilus douche treatment once a day 5 times a week for about two weeks or more.

Other suggestions (have not incoporated yet, as I have not found the need too, but will definitely stop taking oral contraceptives):

Purchase acidophilus powder and capsules (good to superior quality) one strain (to be take internall and vaginally)

Get Aci Gel (just in case; it restores ph)

Stop birth control

Purchase “tiny kit” re-useable from CVS (reuseable douche to put water and acidophilus milk/powder mixture in)

Natural pads

REMEMBER IF A STRONG ANTIBIOTIC LIKE FLAGYLL NEEDS TO USED TWICE A DAY FOR A WEEK OR MORE, A NATURAL METHOD WILL HAVE TO BE USED VIGOROUSLY FOR SEVERAL months or ATLEAST A MONTH OR MORE.

also check out his very helpful link: http://www.womentowomen.com/digestionandgi.../probiotics.asp
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sassy
post Aug 8 2006, 02:19 PM
Post #4982

Hardcore BUSTie

Look at this guys...although I'm pretty sure none of us actually have this...it's weird.

Fish odour syndrome (trimethylaminuria) is a metabolic syndrome caused by abnormal excretion of trimethylamine in the breath, urine, sweat, saliva and vaginal secretions. Trimethylamine is derived from the intestinal bacterial degradation of foods rich in choline and carnitine and is normally oxidised by the liver to odorless trimethylamine N-oxide which is then excreted in the urine. Impaired oxidation of trimethylamine is thought to be the cause of the fish odour syndrome and is responsible for the smell of rotting fish. Certain foods rich in choline exacerbate the condition and the patients have a variety of psychological problems. Recognition of the condition is important as dietary adjustments reduce the excretion of trimethylamine and may reduce the odour. Occasionally, a short course of metronidazole, neomycin and lactulose may suppress production of trimethylamine by reducing the activity of gut microflora.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Aug 8 2006, 01:56 PM
Post #4983

Hardcore BUSTie

I guess I better get on board with the boric acid.Since I've had the miscarriage it seems like it's trying to come back.It's been 3 or 4 months since i've seen or smelled this smell and here it comes again.Could this be a hormonal thing or could it be the flagyl? Someone please answer!

+Quote Post
D double U
post Aug 8 2006, 09:54 AM
Post #4984

BUSTie

I just ordered the Boric Acid. I've been all around the globeit seems like!!! Im really anxious to use it. I feel like it's taking over my life sad.gif sigh....

+Quote Post
sassy
post Aug 7 2006, 07:01 PM
Post #4985

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey girls...just to let you know, I have a urinary tract infection now. I'm not sure if it's related with using the boric acid or not, but just be careful. Ow! I will resume my boric acid in a couple of weeks I guess.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Aug 7 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #4986

Hardcore BUSTie

Girls Girls Girls, you have got to get on board with the Boric Acid!!! Straight quote from my fiance "Babe, do you realize it's been a LONG time since we've had the smell!!" This has been the longest I've gone in years with out the itty bitty fish head smell. I only use the boric now after sex and maybe once a week, since I only see my fiance on the weekends!! Anyways, GET ON BOARD GIRLS!!! It really works!!!

+Quote Post
alwaysonmymind
post Aug 5 2006, 06:10 PM
Post #4987

BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Aug 4 2006, 02:00 PM) *

Well, It's been a while since i've been here.Still trying to get over things.Everything is fine so far.The doctor put me on long doses of flagel and it tastes so gross.Thank you all for your support and I'm doing ok.I just need time to heal. sad.gif

Are you o.k. What happened?

+Quote Post
neverending
post Aug 4 2006, 07:43 AM
Post #4988

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, It's been a while since i've been here.Still trying to get over things.Everything is fine so far.The doctor put me on long doses of flagel and it tastes so gross.Thank you all for your support and I'm doing ok.I just need time to heal. sad.gif

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jul 31 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #4989

right-o then jewels, i'll even buy her the supplies to get her started. i think she's all but given up hope. let you know what she says.

i wonder why mine just went away? the doc said it doesn't usually clear up on it's own, so wtf? not that i'm complaining, At ALL! but still.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jul 31 2006, 10:10 PM
Post #4990

Hardcore BUSTie

I use one 00 gelcap at night. In the beginning I used it everynight for about a week. Now, I only use it approx. twice a week, and ALWAYS after sex. I was in California this past weekend so I didn't use it 1 time after sex, and the smell was still gone.

If you do a research on it, I think it tells you to use it for a specific amount of time, I just don't want to speak out of line. So click the Search button, and do some research. That will help alot!! Tell your friend I said, she will be amazed at how well it works!!

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jul 31 2006, 09:56 PM
Post #4991

ok, please someone post the amounts you're using, frequency, etc. it's totally sex related for my girlfriend too and she's willing to try the boric acid (or anything) at this point. i just don't know what to tell her about how much and how often to use it.

thanks girlies!

+Quote Post
dolores
post Jul 31 2006, 06:48 PM
Post #4992

BUSTie

Hi ladies...

I had some difficulty getting my handle to work with the new format, but now I'm back. Things have been ok and odor free since my successful self-treatment with the boric acid until...

(key dramatic scary music)

I met a new boy. Ain't that always the way??? Dang it. It seems I only get two choices: either I can be celibate and odorless (with no one to appreciate it) or I can be dating and stinky. SIGH!!! Waaaah! LOL.
So we met three months ago and started having sex a few weeks ago. He is wonderful, sensitive, funny, thoughtful and caring. The sex is fantastic. He is an oral magician -- better than anything I've ever experienced, and hey, I will be 30 in September so I've tried my share.

But alas, he is uncircumcised. Which shouldn't matter one bit, since we are very diligent about using condoms. But somehow, some way, maybe from the excessive oral festivities, the damn BV is back. With a vengeance. He doesn't seem to notice it, and I don't want to treat it with more boric acid while we are having oral sex on a regular basis, so I am resigned to waiting. And waiting. In not-unlike Jewelscando fasion, some days the smell is completely gone for no reason, other days (especially during the last 3 days of my period) it is horrifically strong.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share the news that at least for me, this BV sh*t is definitely sex related. I am going to try treating it with boric acid during my next period when we are not having sex anyway, so that he won't miss out. Although I have tried that before and it doesn't seem to "take" as well, maybe b/c things are already hormonally in flux down there during that time.

I am SO GLAD though to hear that the boric acid is working so well for all of you with next to no irritation and a reminder to the newbies -- don't eat the stuff!! It's a suppository, not a supplement. Sure is great that something so cheap and so accessible works for so many folks, and the great thing is it doubles as a yeast infection treatment should we ever need it, though since the BV set in 2 years ago, I never seem to get those anymore, even while using yucky old metronidazole... ugh.

Stay healthy and keep taking your probiotics everyone!!! Gotta repopulate those good bacteria too!

+Quote Post
yuefie
post Jul 31 2006, 06:30 PM
Post #4993

Lip Balm Aficionado

Bump for Dolores

--------------------
~I'm so tired of being tired
As sure as night will follow day
Most things I worry about
Never happen anyway~

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jul 31 2006, 04:41 AM
Post #4994

Hardcore BUSTie

Also had sex 3 times this weekend...go me. :-P The watery discharge is normal...I'm not sure why it comes back out like that but it's okay with me as long as there is no smell!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jul 31 2006, 01:53 AM
Post #4995

Hardcore BUSTie

Still doing wonderfull here on the boric acid. Had sex 3 times again this weekend, and no smell. I didn't use it after one time of having sex, and STILL NO SMELL. But to be on the safe side, I did use it again tonight.

I love Boric Acid and I will remain on it forever if I have too. It really does work, and it works instantly.

+Quote Post
klee
post Jul 29 2006, 01:40 PM
Post #4996

BUSTie

I think the watery discharge is just how boric acid works w/the high levels of mucous in that area of the body. Boric acid is also often used to treat pink eye and the eyes contain a lot of mucous too. I don't think it means it's all cleared up though. It seems like most articles I've read say to use it for about 3 -5 days if you have bv or a yi.

I've used the suppositories during the day since the capsule seems to kinda stick a bit and that works out well for me. I remove the top and insert carefully, to prevent spilling the powder, so that it disintergrates faster. All the discharge is gone by the evening and I've had sex that same night.

Flagyll also worked really well in clearing up a case of bv. I thought it might be better to clear things up on the inside...intestinally. The problem is that it just comes right back after having sex and then getting my period, just like every other treatment. So frustrating. I'm going to see if my body will go back to normal again since I won't be having sex for a while.

+Quote Post
D double U
post Jul 29 2006, 10:48 AM
Post #4997

BUSTie

Hey ladies,
Ofcourse Tetrasil didn't work for me. But I haven't had a chance to purchase the Boric acid. For now tho, I would like to know from th ladies who've used it, what is your progress? How long have you been using it and are you continuing to have success with it? sad.gif

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jul 28 2006, 08:47 PM
Post #4998

Hardcore BUSTie

The biggest thing I have with the Boric Acic is really watery discharge. Like, in the morning when I first stand up out of bed, it comes dripping out. Klee, Sassy, is that normal, and Klee does that mean the B.V. is cleared up, so I can lay off the boric??

Thank you!

+Quote Post
gypsyraven
post Jul 28 2006, 12:18 PM
Post #4999

Most pharmacies carry it, you just have to ask them. It is like $5 for the boric acid and I am not sure how much for the capsules.

+Quote Post
klee
post Jul 28 2006, 11:14 AM
Post #5000

BUSTie

I've had really good results with boric acid. The only difficult thing is finding it and the empty capsules. I just moved so now I'm really not sure where to find it...no walmarts around here. I've only gotten it with one guy in my life and we've broken up so hopefully I won't need it as often.

But, while we were dating, he never complained of burning and I never had any side effects except the watery discharge. The discharge was a good way for me to know that it was out of my system though and so after that happened, I felt comfortable having sex in all it's forms.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 248 249 250 251 252 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 20, 2014 - 12:29 AM