Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

19 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> caught by the fuzz: to shave or not to shave
sassy
post Dec 18 2008, 05:55 AM
Post #101

Hardcore BUSTie

The laser place I go to doesn't necessarily claim that you'll be hair free forever, but they do have a guarantee that says if hair does grow back, you can go back and have it removed for free. I have dark hair and I'm pale (plus I've never ever been to the tanning bed!), so I feel my hair has responded well to treatments. I didn't choose electrolysis because I hadn't really heard much about it I guess.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Dec 18 2008, 05:30 AM
Post #102

cryostat bitch

I'm using both right now...laser for the kitty and electrolysis for my Czechoslovakian chin. (heh). Electrolysis is more precise and leaves my skin more sensitive. I also get little zit-like things if I don't stay SCRUPULOUSLY clean for 3 days afterwards. But they can make the claim of permanence. Electrolysis is also suitable regardless of hair and skin color.

Laser, to be successful, you really should have dark hair and light skin. And they don't claim permanence, maybe because it hasn't been around long enough? I'm noticing that I have a few gray hairs in my kitty which aren't going to be affected.

Overall I am happier with the laser because it seems less painful, quicker, and less irritated afterwards.

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
mouse
post Dec 18 2008, 05:20 AM
Post #103

Most Likely Procrastinating

what's the difference between laser and electrolysis? anybody have personal experience with either? i'm getting fucking fed up with spending money on waxing and waiting for hair to grow back in between. i always told myself i'd never spend big bucks on body-altering shite but i've already spent probably more than i would need for a full laser removal over the past two years of professional waxes.

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
sassy
post Dec 4 2008, 05:36 AM
Post #104

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(treehugger @ Dec 4 2008, 07:53 AM) *
eeeek. So, I did it. I bought a laser package and am going for it! I had my first appointment yesterday...I'm feeling a little bit "sunburned" but it's not bad. smile.gif

Good luck! The more I get into my sessions, I find that sunburned effect isn't as bad and my skin recovers more quickly from the laser.

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Dec 4 2008, 02:53 AM
Post #105

cryostat bitch

eeeek. So, I did it. I bought a laser package and am going for it! I had my first appointment yesterday...I'm feeling a little bit "sunburned" but it's not bad. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 30 2008, 02:48 PM
Post #106

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi Treehugger. I searched online first to get a general idea of what places offered and how many laser places were in my area. I then set up consultations with several places (got prices, met the staff, saw photos of results). I also asked around to get the "word of mouth" on the places I was considering. Ultimately I chose the place I did because the prices/packages are reasonable, the staff is composed of registered nurses who are very professional, and the facility is comfortable and has high-quality equipment. Since I'm going to be going to this place for the next year or so, I wanted to make sure I made a good decision. I also asked a lot of questions!

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Nov 30 2008, 09:18 AM
Post #107

cryostat bitch

I'm seriously considering a semi-major bikini area laser job. I'm interested reading these posts, how you went about your research in choosing a shop??

--------------------

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Nov 15 2008, 12:29 PM
Post #108

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(roquelaure @ Nov 11 2008, 10:38 PM) *
i have visions of being 98 and in a nursing home trying to get 20 year old high school drop out "aides" to pluck my chin hair.

I'm an "aide" though not a high school drop out, and that was totally insulting. I'm taking it outside.

+Quote Post
dayglowpink
post Nov 15 2008, 11:55 AM
Post #109

Hardcore BUSTie

sassy- it sounds like your place is better than mine! I am paying more (although I'm also getting underarms), and I only get 5 treatments. I am really hoping that if it isn't enough they will be fair about it and give me some more treatments. I had my third a few weeks ago, and I haven't had any fallout yet, so I'm getting a little frustrated. I'm not sure what happened this time, because the last 2 times, the fallout was very noticeable in a couple of weeks. Also, I'm not happy with the way they've done my butt area. I have not noticed any thinning there, so I don't think they are being thorough enough. I was kinda waiting to see if it got better after several treatments, but it's not, so I'm gonna have a little talk with them when I go back the next time. I feel like I paid so much money for this that I need to be getting a little better service! The spa is trying to be some big fancypants place, so they need to live up to it!

I'm 32, and I did think pretty hard about whether I wanted to do this, especially my underarms. I didn't shave them for about 8 years, and I liked having the hair, but once I started shaving, I liked the way that looked, too. I had been shaving for over a year, and I finally came to the conclusion that my life's already probably a third of the way over anyway, so whatever. I am just doing my outer labia and leaving a triangle at the top of my pussy, so that will give me some options for hair, and I think I will be comfortable with it in the future as well.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 11 2008, 09:10 PM
Post #110

Hardcore BUSTie

At the place I go to, nurses do the laser hair removal, so they have been very professional about me getting all of the hair removed. Nobody seems to think it's an unusual request...I'm sure they do it often. With 8 sessions for my entire legs and 8 sessions for my entire bikini/butt area, it's $2700. I did a considerable amount of research before choosing this place and they are very professional and their prices are reasonable for this area. I paid for a package, so I got a year to make payments (and I'm done paying--Yay!) and if any hair every grows back, they'll laser it for free. I'm extremely satisfied with the whole process and I'm pretty certain I will get the tops of my feet and my armpits done next. Like I said, I have been very no-hair for a while now so I do not think I will regret it. I just couldn't take waxing and shaving anymore!

+Quote Post
roquelaure
post Nov 11 2008, 05:38 PM
Post #111

BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Nov 10 2008, 01:13 PM) *
I'm getting everything down there gone. Even around the butt area. It's thinned out so much already and I'm looking forward to finishing my treatments soon. I hate shaving there! I'm 23 and I've probably been shaving most of my body hair since 16...I just don't like the feeling of the hair. What's funny is when I told my mom that I was getting all of my vaginal hair removed, she got mad. She said I would regret it later. But I don't really imagine that 20 years down the road I'll suddenly want a bush...

i have visions of being 98 and in a nursing home trying to get 20 year old high school drop out "aides" to pluck my chin hair. i'm 33 and have spent the past 20 years agonizing over body hair- i wouldn't regret it for a second!! what did they say when you said you wanted it ALL gone? how much have you spent on it so far? (if you don't mind my asking, of course.)

+Quote Post
pepper
post Nov 11 2008, 02:24 PM
Post #112

yup, that's totally right. i felt exactly the same way about my tattoo which i also regret very, very much. but i knew that was a possibility when i did it so i accept full responsibility for it. and all the piercings i ever got though those come out, thankfully. and the time i shaved my head entirely bald. oh man.
i'm only chiming in to say that i can totally appreciate how your mom feels. but it's your body. she's just naggin' at you 'cause she loves you and i'm sure she's got her own regrets over choices she's made in her life too. she only wants to spare you future pain. not that she can or anything but hey, trying is on the mama job description.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 11 2008, 05:31 AM
Post #113

Hardcore BUSTie

That's fine Pepper. If I do regret it, it's my choice so I'll have to live with it. I just don't see it happening. I loathe body hair...at least on myself...so I don't think that is going to suddenly change. I hate taking a long time to get ready in the morning so the laser removal is mainly a huge time saver.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Nov 10 2008, 02:42 PM
Post #114

i can honestly say at 36 that if i had done that in my 20's i would regret it now very, very much. sorry.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 10 2008, 01:13 PM
Post #115

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm getting everything down there gone. Even around the butt area. It's thinned out so much already and I'm looking forward to finishing my treatments soon. I hate shaving there! I'm 23 and I've probably been shaving most of my body hair since 16...I just don't like the feeling of the hair. What's funny is when I told my mom that I was getting all of my vaginal hair removed, she got mad. She said I would regret it later. But I don't really imagine that 20 years down the road I'll suddenly want a bush...

+Quote Post
roquelaure
post Nov 9 2008, 10:36 PM
Post #116

BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Nov 8 2008, 09:37 PM) *
This sounds exactly like me! I'm fair with dark hair...my legs are so sensitive that I can only shave them about once a week and even then I still get irritated. I've been getting laser hair removal on my entire legs and vagina area since February and it's been going great. I'm almost finished and I couldn't be happier. You should go for it!

like the ENTIRE vaginal area or just the typical "bikini line"? i want everything below my eyebrows GONE. not for any fetish or sexual reasons- i just can't deal with it anymore. bleaching my face, the constant "5 o'clock shadow" on my legs, ingrown hairs in not so great places... the idea of shaving or waxing for the rest of my life makes me want to cry.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 8 2008, 09:37 PM
Post #117

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Aithinne @ Oct 21 2008, 03:45 AM) *
Hey all, I just gotta say, I love this website!! I've been frustrated with my body hair for years, and sometimes it impedes my life. I'm very fair-skinned, but I have very thick, very coarse dark hair on my legs and girlie bits, which makes a not-so-nice combination. Add to that the fact that my skin is extremely sensitive, and it means that I can't shave every time I'm in the shower. I usually have to let my hair grow out a bit before I can shave it again, or else I'll get ingrown hairs, rashes, cuts, and pain. Which means that I'm hairy most of the time. Add to that the fact that my hair grows really really fast, and the whole body hair situation becomes just frustratingly impossible to manage. If it's cold after my shower, my hair stands up and my legs get prickly immediately- right after shaving! Grr. But even if I avoid the cold, I'll become a cactus in at least 6 hours. I've been seriously thinking about lasering my legs because it's such a hassle. What if I want to spontaneously plan a date with a guy? What if I decided I wanted to go swimming just then? I can't because I have to plan those types of activities around when I can wield the mighty razor and fell my enemies, that blasted army of hair that never friggin dies!! I think I'm going to start saving up for the procedure, because it's really out of control.

This sounds exactly like me! I'm fair with dark hair...my legs are so sensitive that I can only shave them about once a week and even then I still get irritated. I've been getting laser hair removal on my entire legs and vagina area since February and it's been going great. I'm almost finished and I couldn't be happier. You should go for it!

+Quote Post
Aithinne
post Oct 20 2008, 10:45 PM
Post #118

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey all, I just gotta say, I love this website!! I've been frustrated with my body hair for years, and sometimes it impedes my life. I'm very fair-skinned, but I have very thick, very coarse dark hair on my legs and girlie bits, which makes a not-so-nice combination. Add to that the fact that my skin is extremely sensitive, and it means that I can't shave every time I'm in the shower. I usually have to let my hair grow out a bit before I can shave it again, or else I'll get ingrown hairs, rashes, cuts, and pain. Which means that I'm hairy most of the time. Add to that the fact that my hair grows really really fast, and the whole body hair situation becomes just frustratingly impossible to manage. If it's cold after my shower, my hair stands up and my legs get prickly immediately- right after shaving! Grr. But even if I avoid the cold, I'll become a cactus in at least 6 hours. I've been seriously thinking about lasering my legs because it's such a hassle. What if I want to spontaneously plan a date with a guy? What if I decided I wanted to go swimming just then? I can't because I have to plan those types of activities around when I can wield the mighty razor and fell my enemies, that blasted army of hair that never friggin dies!! I think I'm going to start saving up for the procedure, because it's really out of control.

+Quote Post
roquelaure
post Oct 18 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #119

BUSTie

lol thanks- and this is over a year since i've had it done, i was shouting the glories of lasers from the rooftops to anyone who would listen to me for the first few weeks after i had it. i wanted to stand on the corner like one of those religion freaks, except instead of extolling the virtues of a god, i wanted to had out pamphlets and shout "have you welcomed the miracle of laser hair removal into your life??"

legs are more expensive because there's more area to cover. usually (at least here in the states/my area [pittsburgh, pa]) it is done not necessarily by area but by time. i believe mine was $125ish for 15 minutes? so it would make sense for whole legs to be about $500. the esthician estimated (say that fine times fast, haha) about $325 total per session for both my legs below the knee.

that's one of the reasons why i think it is so important to go to a really good, professional, place: the more experience and training the esthician has, the quicker it is for her to judge your calibration (less time doing test areas), and the more efficient she is at getting the hair out on the first "zap". and on top of it all, the more precise the zaps are, the better the chance it won't grow back after the first session, so you don't have to go to many more.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Oct 18 2008, 06:56 PM
Post #120

wow, thanks for the awesome review! i have never ever seen professional lasering for such a low amount though, where did you go? it's large bucks here in canada unfortunately. a single leg treatment is about $500 and you need 4-5. *so sad*.

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 19, 2014 - 07:30 PM