271 Pages V  « < 139 140 141 142 143 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
arj75
post Sep 25 2007, 05:48 AM
Post #2801

Hardcore BUSTie

Maggie and Morphia,

This estrogen twist thing....Do you two have problems with vaginal dryness? As..I don't ummmm ever. Just trying to figure out if I should ask my doctor if I can try this..thinking it might make my matters worse.

He tried to find b-1 and b-6..to give me injections...the nurses spent a half an hour trying to find it...not available in my state to thier knowledge.

I have a question to women that are prescribed b-complex..is that only B-12? Or is it called complex because it really is a complex of other vitamins too? I only ask this because..i really don't need B-12.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hinyc2007
post Sep 24 2007, 06:01 PM
Post #2802

HELLO EVERYONE! Thank God I found this message board. I'm sorry we are all going through this horrible recurring thing but reading everyone else's experiences sure does help a lot. Thanks to everyone who posts info on their home remedies that they have tried.

I'll try to give everyone the short story and thanks in advance for reading:

I'm 33 years old. 10 years ago I started having a yogurt like yellowish discharge with an odor. It was mistreated as a yeast infection for almost a year and finally the doctor cultured me and found ureaplasma, mycoplasma, gardnerella and strep B. 10 years later, I've never been the same. I've been on boatloads of antibiotics, vaginal creams and gels. The symptoms always come back although my cultures now come back negative. The Metrogel works when I'm on it but the discharge and odor always returns. In addition, over the past year I now bleed everytime I have sex (not a lot) and spot between periods. I had several opinions and all doctors said that the discharge, odor and bleeding is normal. I feel like everything but normal. I'm at my wits end. I also have HPV and had a few LEEP procedures but all of my paps have been normal for the last 3 years.

I started seeing someone new a few months ago and I've been avoiding having sex with him because I'm so embarrased. I know he really wants to perform oral sex on me as well and that thought makes me gag.

Here is my question and I apologize if this was already covered somewhere else on the board:

What tends to work the FASTEST and doesn't leave behind yet another odor or MORE discharge? I tried Rephresh and that made everything worse. I've been taking flax seed, probiotics and eating a few yogurt a day but they haven't helped either. I haven't tried anything else besides a ton of scripts.

I also have Metrogel left over, has anyone tried this say once a week and if so what day should I take it say if I'd like to have sex on a Friday?

Thanks so much. Good luck to everyone in keeping your BV away or at least controlling it.

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Sep 24 2007, 05:31 PM
Post #2803

BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Sep 24 2007, 07:14 AM) *
I would have a hay day with all of the wonderful equipment and supplies.
The product you mentioned...do you use it only as a lubricant..or do I need to buy this by this barrell?

Ha! I teach chemistry to college freshmen -- it's really something! : )
But, as to your question--I use it both as a lubricant & as a preventive treatment--just a fingerfull of it every other day has done its work nicely for over a year now. On the alternating days, I use an "Estrogen Twist" vaginally---Estrace estrogen cream on the end of a Q-tip, inserted and gently twirled around. While doing so, I sing "The Estrogen Twist" to the tune of the oldie song "The Peppermint Twist."

Cheers!
Maggie

+Quote Post
sassy
post Sep 24 2007, 02:52 PM
Post #2804

Hardcore BUSTie

Morphia: How old are you (I know you're younger, like me, but I forget the exact age...) if you don't mind me asking? Did your doctor prescribe the estrogen only after they found Strep? Were they suprised or hesitant that someone so young would need estrogen cream? I only ask because I would assume a lot of doctors would just brush a young patient off when asking about estrogen cream.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 24 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #2805

Hardcore BUSTie

Morphia: I'm glad the estrogen worked for you. You may very well be right about the strep thing. I am still ok. I just did a liver flush and got out a lot of stones. I am also starting oxygen powder whenever I get the product. Anyway, good for you!

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Sep 24 2007, 12:11 PM
Post #2806

Hardcore BUSTie

Back! Long time no talk. Basically the only thing that has kept my bv in check (only at bay. I know its still around a bit even though my doc says my wetprep came back clear) is the estrogen cream. For those of you that don't remember I was on two weeks of cleocin cream followed by estrogen cream to treat strep b and bv. I still get burny and every now and then I get my signature pizza smell, but I use the estrogen cream and it goes away.

I have a theory though....I think EVERYONE here needs to be tested for strep b. Stats say that around 30 percent of women are carriers of Strep B. Stats also say that 30 percent of women struggle with recurring bv (gardnerella) infections...I think its the strep that is making it difficult for the lactobacilli to populate. With the strep and the gardnerella in there how can the lactobacilli stand a chance? Strep and gard. are both anaerobes so they can live well with each other. You guys think I'm on to something? Or has this already been mentioned?

I mean, I know that getting tested for strep b has already been brought up several times. But the fact that carriers of strep are 30 percent and women with recurring bv is around 30 percent also hasn't been linked to my knowledge. Just a thought...

Anyway. My last culture did come back negative for strep b and showed normal flora. Despite being on estrogen cream I'm still pretty dry down there so I think thats why my bv isn't all the way gone, why I still burn and why I have to depend on the premarin. I'm going to see about getting my doc to test me for Sjogren's syndrome since I've been having problems with dry mouth (really bad) as well. And I know that Sjogren's patients have BV issues due to the dryness. So, thats my next step.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Sep 24 2007, 04:57 AM
Post #2807

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(mfc10 @ Sep 20 2007, 06:12 PM) *
My gynecologist said it looked like a great product. And I certainly concur. As a chemist, I've tested its pH myself and it is, indeed, 4.7.

Cheers!
Maggie

Thank Goodness we have women like you around Maggie, I could only imagine what I would be a mixing up in the lab.... It most likely would have been blown up on the first day of my job....bleach and ammonia has got to work for something right? lol. I would have a hay day with all of the wonderful equipment and supplies.

The product you mentioned...do you use it only as a lubricant..or do I need to buy this by this barrell?

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Sep 23 2007, 10:27 AM
Post #2808

Hardcore BUSTie

Well guys, got the guy drunk as a skunk last night!! hahaha, and I didn't drink at all, so I could know if the smell was gone, and it was, THANK GOD!!

I can tell you what though, the stress all day, of knowing it was coming almost killed me. I thought of everything I could to get out of it, and even tried to pick a fight!! hahah, but it didn't work. Either way, I got lucky and there was no smell.

Still waiting on the 500mg to get here. I know that will do the job for me.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Sep 21 2007, 11:53 PM
Post #2809

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Ladygemini75 @ Sep 21 2007, 06:10 PM) *
hey girls i havent been on in a long time and im reading all these new remedies for bv. what happened to using the boric acid? ive been using it for a year now and i havent felt better. it really works for me. so can any one tell me what happened to them when they used the boric acid pills vaginally? please respond.......[size="2"][/size]

Most girls stopped because it was a temporary fix, and unless you stayed on it forever, the smell would come back. They are looking for a cure, not a temp. fix. I stopped because I was highly ALERGIC to it. Boric Acid has Sulfer in it, which I am alergic to. Developed a bleeding rash from hell on my forehead, cheek and arms.

+Quote Post
Ladygemini75
post Sep 21 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #2810

hey girls i havent been on in a long time and im reading all these new remedies for bv. what happened to using the boric acid? ive been using it for a year now and i havent felt better. it really works for me. so can any one tell me what happened to them when they used the boric acid pills vaginally? please respond.......[size="2"][/size]

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 21 2007, 09:08 AM
Post #2811

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm doing a liver cleanse later today. Has anyone else tried the grapefruit, olive oil, and epson salt liver cleanse?

+Quote Post
brandils
post Sep 21 2007, 06:33 AM
Post #2812

BUSTie

QUOTE(justs @ Sep 20 2007, 03:58 PM) *
Hi all I'm new here.

I just went to the doctor because I noticed excessive stuff coming out and he prescribed be flagyl but its my birthday in 2 days and my bf is coming from out of town who i havn't seen in a few weeks and I want to be having sex!!1 So i figured i'd start the meds after the wknd. The funny part is i only notice an occasional fait odor or if i actually smell my finger. I had BV a few years ago and that smell was undeniable.. through my pants and everything.

But this time I was noticing the ickiness and I tried the hydrogen peroxide douche yesterday and i noticed a HUGE difference. Nothing has come out since then and there is 0 odor. I also took folic acid supplements and i think maybe thats helping too. But I feel a whole lot better already.

Do u think the smell might come out when I have sex? Would it be better with or without condoms?

I would definately use a condom. The smell will be awful when his semen gets inside you. If you don't use a condom and don't want the smell then you need to have him pull out. I know this method sucks cuz I have been using it for 2 months straight but at least there is no awful smell. Good Luck and Happy Birthday!!!

Everyone cross your fingers for me, my period will be ending in a few days and I am praying I will be BV free. I am still taking the folic acid and the B6 but I have added the acidolphilus and a vitamin C supplement and so far so good. I am hoping I can resume an almost normal sex life this month. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Sep 20 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #2813

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(prvtpuss @ Sep 20 2007, 10:51 PM) *
to the women getting BV from "sex with an ex" - have the ex's been treated with flagyl? i'm just curious. also, i posted earlier about my sex history leading up to my first BV experience (basically got itchy with a new partner this past summer, then the next partner -virgin- came inside me and VOILA an intensely ammonia smelling infection) - but i read somewhere that the alkaline nature of semen can activate an underlying BV infection, so it looks like my theory was right. Basically got the BV from the first partner then the 2nd partner's semen triggered a crazy chemical reaction.

the flagyl knocked it right out though thank goodness. however, i can't stop smelling my underwear periodically in fits of paranoia that it's returned.

this forum is fantastic!!! you guys are all so full of good advice!!!!! thank youuuuuuu!

Yes, ex was treated, but the doctor told him it wasn't necessary, but would treat him anyways. Didn't work. Ex is a cheat. Period, plain and simple, and I'm a true believer that it was something in his sperm, besides the largeness of his other brain, and his cheating ways that caused my problem.

Mine is gone again. I guess the 200mg inserted worked, plus took 2 by mouth for a couple of days. Hope to god it worked, cause having sex with the my guy this weekend, and I can only pray it's not there. I almost want to get him drunk, so he has no memory!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

+Quote Post
firecrotch
post Sep 20 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #2814

Hey ladies
I have 2 questions. When you use the hydrogen peroxide douche do you ever notice it fizzing up?
I normally use it during in the shower but one day I decided to do it on my back in the bathtub. It felt like it was getting hot and i felt something oozing down. so I took a mirror and it was just fizzing out of my crotch! it look like a rabid dogs mouth. i hope that's normal. i think i read that the fizzing is doing something and reacting to whatever's up in there.

question 2-does your urine smell different after using the hydrogen peroxide? since i've been using it, it smells very strong and metallic like. i don't know how to explain it.

i want to go to my doctor with this but i just feel like she'll just prescribe me some meds and call it a day. i want to get down to root cause and kill it not just bandaid it!

FC

+Quote Post
justs
post Sep 20 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #2815

Hi all I'm new here.

I just went to the doctor because I noticed excessive stuff coming out and he prescribed be flagyl but its my birthday in 2 days and my bf is coming from out of town who i havn't seen in a few weeks and I want to be having sex!!1 So i figured i'd start the meds after the wknd. The funny part is i only notice an occasional fait odor or if i actually smell my finger. I had BV a few years ago and that smell was undeniable.. through my pants and everything.

But this time I was noticing the ickiness and I tried the hydrogen peroxide douche yesterday and i noticed a HUGE difference. Nothing has come out since then and there is 0 odor. I also took folic acid supplements and i think maybe thats helping too. But I feel a whole lot better already.

Do u think the smell might come out when I have sex? Would it be better with or without condoms?

+Quote Post
prvtpuss
post Sep 20 2007, 04:34 PM
Post #2816

BUSTie

to the women getting BV from "sex with an ex" - have the ex's been treated with flagyl? i'm just curious. also, i posted earlier about my sex history leading up to my first BV experience (basically got itchy with a new partner this past summer, then the next partner -virgin- came inside me and VOILA an intensely ammonia smelling infection) - but i read somewhere that the alkaline nature of semen can activate an underlying BV infection, so it looks like my theory was right. Basically got the BV from the first partner then the 2nd partner's semen triggered a crazy chemical reaction.

the flagyl knocked it right out though thank goodness. however, i can't stop smelling my underwear periodically in fits of paranoia that it's returned.

this forum is fantastic!!! you guys are all so full of good advice!!!!! thank youuuuuuu!

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Sep 20 2007, 03:55 PM
Post #2817

BUSTie

QUOTE(great @ Sep 20 2007, 09:03 AM) *
Don't we need the doctors opinion for this infections? Did you used it or you just found it?

My gynecologist said it looked like a great product. And I certainly concur. As a chemist, I've tested its pH myself and it is, indeed, 4.7.

Cheers!
Maggie

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 20 2007, 07:16 AM
Post #2818

Hardcore BUSTie

Ladies,

I have gotten some results from the doctor regarding my blood tests. Everything was good except the Mag. and oxygen levels. In other words, I have low mag and low oxygen levels. I wonder if this has something to do with the bloating, gas? I've now noticed mucous in the stool also. This drives me up the wall! I'm going to the health food store later to buy oxygen/mag supplements.

+Quote Post
great
post Sep 20 2007, 06:46 AM
Post #2819

BUSTie

QUOTE(mfc10 @ Sep 18 2007, 09:51 PM) *
Awhile back I mentioned a great product, and the only one I could find with the right pH to discourage vaginal infections---both BV and yeast. It's a personal lubricant called SYLK. Find out more about it here:

http://sylkonline.com/sylkpersonallubricantfaq.html

It's made from natural ingredients, is safe to use with condoms, and has a pH of 4.7. Great stuff! wink.gif

Maggie C.

Don't we need the doctors opinion for this infections? Did you used it or you just found it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Sep 18 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #2820

BUSTie

Awhile back I mentioned a great product, and the only one I could find with the right pH to discourage vaginal infections---both BV and yeast. It's a personal lubricant called SYLK. Find out more about it here:

http://sylkonline.com/sylkpersonallubricantfaq.html

It's made from natural ingredients, is safe to use with condoms, and has a pH of 4.7. Great stuff! wink.gif

Maggie C.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 139 140 141 142 143 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 21, 2014 - 10:25 PM