Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 224 225 226 227 228 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
neverending
post Dec 13 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #4501

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey Ladies! I just wanted to stop by and say HELLO.I hope all is well. smile.gif
Neverending
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maggalicious
post Dec 13 2006, 11:23 AM
Post #4502

Yes, I got it at my local health food store, so , I'm imagining they would have it at other bigger places as you mentioned.
I started taking it yesterday, just got out of the shower, so I'm interested to see by the end of the day...
This one is called
Chlorofresh
liquid chlorophyll
Internal deodorant

The main ingredient is Alfalfa. The chemical that supposedly does the deodorizing is called Chlorophyllin Copper Complex.

It says its for reducing fecal and urinary odors from colostomys or incontinence.
Upon my online resarch, apparently its been used in nursing homes, etc for awhile.
Also when I read about this Bodymint product, the same chlorpphyll theory applies to bad breath, underarm odor, etc.
Bodymint.com
I figure I'll just get it straight from the chloryphyll source though. Less than $9 for a 16 fl oz bottle.
I hope this works!

+Quote Post
deprime
post Dec 13 2006, 08:59 AM
Post #4503

BUSTie

Well, I've been on the folic acid for another week, and although my discharge is better, I STILL have a smell. It's funny....i'd much rather have no smell and a little discharge than the smell. Granted, it'd be nice to be rid of them BOTH... but the smell is so embarrassing.

Is this liquid chlorophyll available at Whole Foods (and stores like it)? I might try it.

+Quote Post
maggalicious
post Dec 12 2006, 09:06 PM
Post #4504

well, so far, I will say the liquid tastes good, let's hope it works!

+Quote Post
sassy
post Dec 12 2006, 07:46 PM
Post #4505

Hardcore BUSTie

Let us know how the Liquid Chloryphyll goes. I'm really curious about it.

+Quote Post
maggalicious
post Dec 12 2006, 07:07 PM
Post #4506

Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad to be here =) I've always loves BUST.
And Yes, I have tried Boric Acid. It really does help, in a sort of kind of way. Boric acid is the main ingredient in the Yeast Arrest that my Naturopath prescribed me. I liked that it seemed to get rid of the discharge, but I didn't like that it created its own discharge. Anyway, like I said, I don't have a yeast infection per say, just some BV that sometimes causes an odor. My boyfriend says it's off the scale of anything he's experienced...so...I'm trial and erroring it.
Today I went out and bought B12 B6 and Folic Acid, per reccommendation of this forum, and strted thakin that immediately. I also got Liquid Chloryphyll by natures Way. They label it " Internal Deodorant". I take these along with my calcium and Magnesium an Essential Women which contains flaxseed oil and primrose oil....

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Dec 12 2006, 02:52 PM
Post #4507

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(maggalicious @ Dec 12 2006, 01:35 PM) *

Well, I did a consumer report on Enzara and the complaint list wa a mile long, plus they're not even a listed company!
there is another product called Bodymint I was wondering if anyone has heard of? I've been dealing with this BV situation for quite awhile, and I dont have any type of infection or STDs, just sometimes a smell. It seemed to get really bad when I had my IUD in, which is why I had it removed, anyway, I'm in it with you ladies!

Have you tried boric acid? It helps but its a temp. fix...welcome to the board

+Quote Post
maggalicious
post Dec 12 2006, 12:18 PM
Post #4508

Well, I did a consumer report on Enzara and the complaint list wa a mile long, plus they're not even a listed company!
there is another product called Bodymint I was wondering if anyone has heard of? I've been dealing with this BV situation for quite awhile, and I dont have any type of infection or STDs, just sometimes a smell. It seemed to get really bad when I had my IUD in, which is why I had it removed, anyway, I'm in it with you ladies!

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Dec 12 2006, 09:35 AM
Post #4509

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(maggalicious @ Dec 11 2006, 06:59 PM) *

Hey ladies! I'm looking into this...has anyone else heard about chloryphyll removing unpleasant bodily smells?

I believe enzara contains chloryphyll and alot of us have tried this and it hasnt worked....unless you know of a concentrated form...it doesnt hurt to try..

QUOTE(sassy @ Dec 11 2006, 10:06 PM) *

I was just taking it in the morning with breakfast, but now I'm taking it with breakfast and with dinner. I still have a slight odor, however, but the discharge is gone. I'm hoping I can eventually get things evened out. I definately feel like we're on the right track...especially with what Pianogirl just posted.

Hi Sassy,

I think I will start doing it 2 x a day also since we have this issue we wish to clear. The discharge is what makes it smell the most because it gets on your clothes, pants and such...it is disgusting..anyway good luck to you!

QUOTE(D double U @ Dec 11 2006, 09:50 PM) *

Thanx piano girl! Sassy, How often do you take the folic acid. This may help me. My main problem is discharge too.

Hi DDU,

I am taking itr 1 x per day and am still using the boric acid however I am going to start morning and night so 2 x perday.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Dec 11 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #4510

Hardcore BUSTie

I was just taking it in the morning with breakfast, but now I'm taking it with breakfast and with dinner. I still have a slight odor, however, but the discharge is gone. I'm hoping I can eventually get things evened out. I definately feel like we're on the right track...especially with what Pianogirl just posted.

+Quote Post
D double U
post Dec 11 2006, 08:33 PM
Post #4511

BUSTie

Thanx piano girl! Sassy, How often do you take the folic acid. This may help me. My main problem is discharge too.

+Quote Post
maggalicious
post Dec 11 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #4512

Hey ladies! I'm looking into this...has anyone else heard about chloryphyll removing unpleasant bodily smells?

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Dec 11 2006, 09:17 AM
Post #4513

Hardcore BUSTie

I just wanted to add this information which I found on a website:

Oral Contraceptives
"Some research shows that women who use oral contraceptives may be at a higher risk for developing cervical dysplasia. However, it is not clear if the risk is directly attributable to the contraceptives themselves. One reason may be that oral contraceptives interfere with folic acid metabolism in the cells around the cervix, and folic acid may help prevent or improve cervical dysplasia. Another reason may be that women using this method of birth control may have increased exposure to sexually transmitted diseases, compared to those who rely on a barrier method such as a condom."

http://www.womenshealthchannel.com/cervica...sia/index.shtml

I dont know if any of you ladies where also diagnosed with cervical dyplasia / HPV..I know I was..

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Dec 11 2006, 08:59 AM
Post #4514

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Dec 8 2006, 10:21 PM) *

Sorry to hear about that Piano Girl. I don't want to say that Folic Acid is working as of yet. The Boric Acid is really the only thing that works. I do the Boric twice a week with Folic and B-6 everyday. I had sex two nights ago and I didn't smell a thing, however, he said he did but very faintly. (I THINK HE WAS SMELLING HIS OWN ASS!!) wink.gif

LOL hahahahahha! Don't you just hate when men do that?! Anyway as I suspected the smell was there, my BF and I had sex.sad.gif I will never go to a holistic doctor for this again, it is a pure waste of money..I started taking the folic acid on friday (extra strength 800 mg) however I am still using the boric because I am worried at work and when I at school at night that someone will notice....thanks to whomever reseached the boric because at least it is a temporary fix I will start doing the boric every other day and continue to limit myself to see if the folic acid works.....

Thanks again Ladies..

PG

QUOTE(D double U @ Dec 10 2006, 02:15 AM) *

Hey Ladies,
Haven't been on in a while. School has consumed my life. Anyways, Can anyone let me in on wut the deal is with the folic acid?

One of the ladies on this board recommeded this...perhaps recurring BV is a vitamin deficency.....also some of these ladies including myself started to get BV when on BC pils and BC pills might actually strip away that vitamin....I guess you know how doctors recommend pregnant women take folic acid, perhaps when on BC pills we lost alot of it...or if you werent on BC pills it could just be something random that happened, in any event for some its working...I just started on friday with an extra strength Foic Acid Pill ( vitamin cool.gif 800 mg once daily....I believe some other ladies are also taking other vitamin B substances.....Anyway DDU you can try it as a bottle of Folic acid can be found anywhere and its fairly cheap.

Good Luck!

PG

PS Also the other lady whom used to post here alot "chachaheels" or something recommened that we visit holistic doctors and I did and spent almost $300..I would suggest that niether of you waste your money or your time...

Here is the link of the place I went to:

http://gawain.membrane.com/naturopathic_medicine/index.html

+Quote Post
sassy
post Dec 10 2006, 02:44 PM
Post #4515

Hardcore BUSTie

The folic acid is working for me. I used to have so much discharge that I would change my panty liner twice during the day and now I don't even have to wear one. I'm not sure why it works, but I'm very happy about it!

+Quote Post
D double U
post Dec 10 2006, 12:58 AM
Post #4516

BUSTie

Hey Ladies,
Haven't been on in a while. School has consumed my life. Anyways, Can anyone let me in on wut the deal is with the folic acid?

+Quote Post
i_hate_sports
post Dec 9 2006, 05:02 PM
Post #4517

Hey girls. My doctor said I was BV free. But I am awaiting its return. I have started taking folic acid and B 12. Is it the B6 that I am supposed to be taking?

Yea for those of you who are getting a handle on it!

Has anyone tried the Vagisil Screening Kit? I keep seeing ads for it and it’s a screening kit you can use at home to determine if you have a yeast infection, BV or something else. I have been to about 10 different stores looking for it. The last commercial I saw gave the web site www.vagisilkit.com On the site it says it’s in limited release in a few cities including Jacksonville, FL which I am near. I am going to go to Jax tomorrow and look for it. Just wondering if anyone else has tried it and how it was. If I get my hands on one, I will report back my findings.

I am so annoyed with my doctor. I don't think he gives a crap about BV and he thinks I am a weirdo for still having a problem with it.

If I get any hint that it is on its way back I am going to do the Peroxide douche. I have never done a douche before and would really appreciate if someone would tell me *exactly* how to do it.

Also, what is not good about a multivitamin?

Thanks in advance,
Sara

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Dec 8 2006, 09:04 PM
Post #4518

Hardcore BUSTie

Sorry to hear about that Piano Girl. I don't want to say that Folic Acid is working as of yet. The Boric Acid is really the only thing that works. I do the Boric twice a week with Folic and B-6 everyday. I had sex two nights ago and I didn't smell a thing, however, he said he did but very faintly. (I THINK HE WAS SMELLING HIS OWN ASS!!) wink.gif

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Dec 8 2006, 09:25 AM
Post #4519

Hardcore BUSTie

Well I have been off the boric for about 5 days and just inserting the vaginal probiotic 2 x a day as recommended but a faint smell has returned. I think this "holistic doctor" was a load of crap....I am so disappointed with this....any way I am going to start the folic acid since I hear it is working pretty good.

I just wanted to share this and I went to a holistic doctor and spent close to $300 on crap.....they are just like our gyns, they know s%&t..

I think they like to ask alot of questions, like what do you eat etc so they blame it on something b/c they dont know themselves...
mad.gif
Thanks

PS I have not been having sex..

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Dec 6 2006, 12:33 PM
Post #4520

Hardcore BUSTie

I actually brought them from her office, but I found them online:

http://www.rockwellnutrition.com/view_category.asp?cat=53

Also she charged me $30 for a bottle of 60.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 224 225 226 227 228 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 18, 2014 - 05:59 PM