Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 34 35 36 37 38 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
arj75
post Jul 15 2009, 07:24 PM
Post #701

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi everyone... It's been awhile since I have posted. I still have BV, but not as bad as it once was. I hope you all don't avoid going to the dentist for your check-ups so you can save money for treating BV! I have 7 cavities and one abcessed tooth. (It had been ten years since my last visit to the dentist). There are a lot of case studies linking BV and periodontal issues.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Grace08
post Jul 15 2009, 10:05 AM
Post #702

BUSTie

You can't get Boric Acid anywhere in the UK. It is not available. Neither is FemD.

I feel the UK, and BV sufferers who live here, are at a disadvantage to US sufferers.

Am I wrong? Tell me. Balance Activ you can get here in pharmacies, but I believe that's available stateside now too.

I know there are other parts of the world - not just UK and US. Just wish sometimes that I could get FemD, Boric Acid.

I might just be a little down in the dumps too.

It's a shame this site is so quiet. I'm just saying - before anyone quips in to say I could be contributing too. It just used to be live-lier.

sad.gif G

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Jul 11 2009, 10:07 AM
Post #703

Hardcore BUSTie

anitsirhc

you can find boric acid powder a pharmacy. i think one of the busties here buys it at walmart and another buys hers online at amazon.com. you can get the capsules at a health food store or a whole foods market if you live near one.

hope this helps!!

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jul 9 2009, 05:45 PM
Post #704

Hardcore BUSTie

i was reading about L. crispatus and remembered seeing it on a different website. someone is using the product HLC Mindlinx which has that in it.

here's a link to it: mindlinx

i wanted to ask your opinions... i've always read that bv discharge is thin and gray. mine has never been that color. more yellowish/green. and the smell isn't necessarily always fishy... sometimes it is but not always. i dont know.

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Jul 1 2009, 05:17 PM) *
hello ladies............

i haven't wrote for awhile but i do read and try to keep up with everything at least once a week. a lot of new busties here.

just wanted to update on my condition....

well, i've had bv since 2007. drs have tested for every std known to man, everything neg except for bv everytime. been on clindamycin, flagyl (about 4 times), and another antifiobic but forgot the name. nothing helped. i don't really have a smell but a thin, gray discharge with itching and buring sometimes. did some research found boric acid...name brand yeast arrest. yes, mainly for yeast infections but it cures bv also. i did that for a whole month as recommended. the discharge went away for like 2 days. then found this site and LORI;) mentioned FEMDOPHILIS. i have been taking this religiously for almost 1.5 years. it made my discharge less but still there, then i tried SASSY's:) regimen.....she makes her own boric acid with capsules. the yeast arrest has other herbal stuff in it and it made me have a discharge all day but the symptoms where gone while using it. so i tried making it and it's better than the yeast arrest. same effect but the discharge is way less, about 90% less. so i tried inserting femdophilis too. i know that the boric acid kills the bad bacteria and some good also so i wanted to replenish the good and i thought why not insert the femdophilis. i did and sometimes i noticed some blood, i thought it might be the capsule so i would open the capsule and empty the bacteria in the gelatin caps that i use for boric acid. works like a charm. so what i do now is insert a boric acid monday, femdophilis tues, wed, thurs night, then boric on fri, sat and sun nothing. i've been doing this since dec 2008. at first i had to play with it, then eventually i came up with my routine. i have sex only with trojan ultra thin condoms and i use silk as a lubricant because it's all natural ingredients and not too harsh for the vagina. i can cope with the extra effort to be almost a normal woman. hopefully in the future my vagina can be like it was before.

hope this helps someone. i really needed help when i first had to deal with this horrid devil. i became suicidal also. at least i can help one person and i will be happy.

so my daily routine:

1. femdophilis in am by mouth(every am)
2. monday-boric acid at night. tuesday, wednesday, thursday-femdophilis emptied into a gelatin cap, insert at night. friday-boric acid at night. saturday and sunday-nothing
3. every night ultimate support vaginal flora by mouth(every night)
4. more fresh foods, less processed. i don't know if it helps but i do it anyways.

hope this helps someone:)

where do you find boric acid that you can use for that? i'm thinking of trying what you're doing. the biofem isn't working very well for me. it was at first, but it seems like my body becomes resistant to whatever im using and it still comes back. even while i'm using it.

i'm thinking of asking my boyfriend to take out his piercings down there because i think they might be making me a lot worse. but if he takes them out he can't ever put them back in, so i'll feel bad if it doesn't do anything.

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Jul 8 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #705

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Jul 6 2009, 11:40 AM) *
Thanks I appreciate it. The reason why I came up with that idea because i was reading this book on how to cure bv in 3 days!! In the book they mention surgery

That's interesting ... what is the title of the book?

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Jul 6 2009, 10:40 AM
Post #706

BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Jul 5 2009, 07:37 AM) *

In a nutshell ...

Viruses and bacteria are two different species of organisms. Viruses are non-cellular, and bacteria are uni-cellular organisms. Bacteria can be treated, while viruses can to, but not cured; an example of this would be HPV. The concept of viruses and bacteria is so complex, because there are so many different species, and each species has a different property, an example of this is the common cold. The common cold is a virus, of which there are many, but is virtually harmless, and the body builds an immunity to it very quickly; whereas HIV progressively gets worse without treatment, and the body doesn't become immune to it.

Bacteria works very differently. There are approximately 10 trillion bacteria that live in the human body. Scientists can identify there are about 1000 different species of bacteria. An example of how important bacteria is, is how it lives in the digestive tract, and helps people breakdown, and digest food. Not having enough "good" bacteria in the digestive tract, can cause an endless amount of health problems, even cancer related.

It would be much easier to do a sex change, where you can clearly see what your working with, as to using a microscope, and a petri-dish to stabilize a bacteria, and examine it. Bacteria and viruses don't need to be surgically removed. By simply swabbing a Q-tip against your palm, you can pick up thousands of different bacteria, and DNA. To remove each and every single bacteria by hand would be extremely time consuming, and unrealistic. Bacteria, and viruses alike multiply so quickly, by the time you remove one single bacteria, another 100 would show up within seconds.

I can reassure you there are so many drugs being tested specifically for bacterial vaginosis in clinical trials. I think I've said this to someone else before, but the best thing you can do is participate in one of these trials. It's being monitored by the FDA, and being conducted by college universities, and pharmaceutical companies. Trained scientists, doctors, and interns are of great assistance. If you've tried everything, you have nothing to lose. A lot of the drugs in these trials are potentially better than the ones that are currently being prescribed because they have to be. The thing is, you have to meet the criteria to actually participate, that's a whole other story.

Can you tell I love rambling on and on about science? ... tongue.gif
Did I answer your question? If not, I'll try to clarify.

Thanks I appreciate it. The reason why I came up with that idea because i was reading this book on how to cure bv in 3 days!! In the book they mention surgery

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Jul 5 2009, 06:37 AM
Post #707

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Jul 4 2009, 02:17 PM) *
One Question Did anyone ever spoke to they doctor about surgically removing the virus that causing bad bacteria?
hey all theses technology it possible(they do all those sex changes)

In a nutshell ...

Viruses and bacteria are two different species of organisms. Viruses are non-cellular, and bacteria are uni-cellular organisms. Bacteria can be treated, while viruses can to, but not cured; an example of this would be HPV. The concept of viruses and bacteria is so complex, because there are so many different species, and each species has a different property, an example of this is the common cold. The common cold is a virus, of which there are many, but is virtually harmless, and the body builds an immunity to it very quickly; whereas HIV progressively gets worse without treatment, and the body doesn't become immune to it.

Bacteria works very differently. There are approximately 10 trillion bacteria that live in the human body. Scientists can identify there are about 1000 different species of bacteria. An example of how important bacteria is, is how it lives in the digestive tract, and helps people breakdown, and digest food. Not having enough "good" bacteria in the digestive tract, can cause an endless amount of health problems, even cancer related.

It would be much easier to do a sex change, where you can clearly see what your working with, as to using a microscope, and a petri-dish to stabilize a bacteria, and examine it. Bacteria and viruses don't need to be surgically removed. By simply swabbing a Q-tip against your palm, you can pick up thousands of different bacteria, and DNA. To remove each and every single bacteria by hand would be extremely time consuming, and unrealistic. Bacteria, and viruses alike multiply so quickly, by the time you remove one single bacteria, another 100 would show up within seconds.

I can reassure you there are so many drugs being tested specifically for bacterial vaginosis in clinical trials. I think I've said this to someone else before, but the best thing you can do is participate in one of these trials. It's being monitored by the FDA, and being conducted by college universities, and pharmaceutical companies. Trained scientists, doctors, and interns are of great assistance. If you've tried everything, you have nothing to lose. A lot of the drugs in these trials are potentially better than the ones that are currently being prescribed because they have to be. The thing is, you have to meet the criteria to actually participate, that's a whole other story.

Can you tell I love rambling on and on about science? ... tongue.gif
Did I answer your question? If not, I'll try to clarify.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 4 2009, 02:07 PM
Post #708

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Jul 4 2009, 02:17 PM) *
One Question Did anyone ever spoke to they doctor about surgically removing the virus that causing bad bacteria?

Of course not, that's ridiculous. You cannot "surgically remove" a virus & sex change procedures are wholly unrelated to BV, so I don't know why you even brought it up in that context.

Also, is English your second language, H_M? I only ask because sometimes your train of thought is difficult to follow & it would explain a lot.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Jul 4 2009, 01:17 PM
Post #709

BUSTie

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Jul 4 2009, 10:55 AM
Post #710

Hardcore BUSTie

shugD

try it and tell me how it goes! i hope it works for you. FYI, it took me a few weeks to find my routine. what works for me might not work for you and vice versa but it's a shot at this damn thing.

kit hon!!! good luck!!!

+Quote Post
sea star
post Jul 2 2009, 09:19 AM
Post #711

BUSTie

Hello "Fun" I am new to this forum.

I have BV since I was 14 I am 23 now,I have BV with odor too.
I was a virgin when I got BV and I am still a virgin now.
I don't work now,the longest time that I have worked is 2 months and 6 days,I had to quid joobs because of the odor too and because the people where very mean.I live with my pharents.
My sister has BV with odor too and she is also I virgin.
I dont go out,don't have any friends,I had friends before I got BV.
People who know that I have an odor call me a whore and the truth is that I am a virgin.I never had a boyfriend,never been kissed,the closest that I have got to a man is a hand shake.

"Fun" have you ever used the antibiotic Doxycycline,It worked the best for me and my sister than the other antibiotics.After I used it the odor lessened a lot.

Use 2 Doxycycline capsules in the morning,than one in the evening for 8 days.That's 10 capsules.
After the antibiotic you may get a yeast infection,so you have to bay cream for yeast infections.
Ask your doctor to perscribe you Doxycycline, if she or he doesen't want to go to another doctor.
Also use probiotics when you start with the antibiotic.

I used Flagyl many times it doesen't help,orally and as a vaginal supposatorie.

I hope this helps.

Sea star

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Apr 20 2009, 10:03 PM) *
Hello "Fun,"

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. You can count on me for support, because I'm definitely here to help you in the best way that I can. "Fun," it's really important to realize that you shouldn't let this infection control you to the point where your not happy with yourself, and your life. If you continue this way, it can further damage your self esteem, and self confidence, to the point where you could possibly develop a mild form of depression, which can be dangerous.

You mentioned that you douched to treat your infection. This was a bad idea. In your case, it instantly made your symptoms worse, and this might have thrown off your vaginal flora. I think I've said this before, but douching is one of the worst things you can do to attempt to treat an active vaginal infection of any sort. More often than not, douching will cover up your symptoms, which is why when you douche, you think the infection has cleared up, but in reality, it never did in the first place. I'm not sure if you knew already, but hydrogen peroxide is used for cleaning cuts and scrapes. Not only that, but according to the National Institute of Health, it is also a poison. A solution as corrosive as hydrogen peroxide shouldn't be going into the vaginal in the first place. Click here to read more information on this. I'm assuming you don't have much money, so you should be very careful about what your using to treat yourself, because it may be a waste of time and money. And using the wrong thing could escalate your infection to something so much more, which could require medical insurance, and lots of money to treat.

It's great that your taking the Rephresh probiotic. Your taking a step in the right direction. Rephresh will most definitely help you if you continue taking it on a daily basis. Culterelle is more or less a preventative, it's probably not going to do much for you. There isn't any clinical research that approves it for maintaining vaginal health. Folic acid is rumored by many women to treat bacterial vaginosis when it's taken with a lactobacillius acidophilus supplement. I've done my research, such as reading books, surfing through medical articles online, and asking medical professionals. Low and behold, there is nothing that states folic acid does anything for the vulvovaginal tract. This is probably due to the lack of research on folic acid, but I know for sure that an over the counter lactobacillius acidophilus supplement's live and active cultures don't normally colonize the vulvovaginal tract. Vitamin C is great for the immune system, but it's water soluble, so taking any excess of Vitamin C will be flushed out into your urinary tract. Your body will absorb what it needs, and flush out the rest, the same way you drink a cup of water and your body flushes out what it doesn't need. Then there is this whole debate about whether supplements are getting absorbed properly and other jazz, that's a whole other story. Any respectable nutritionist will tell you there is no need to take a vitamin supplement if your getting proper nutrition. It's better to get nutrients from whole foods because it will be absorbed properly.

I personally believe it isn't necessary to use feminine washes and wipes. They just leave an invisible residue near that vulva which can further irritate it. Some products can further aggravate an infection because it reacts to the pH of the vagina. You don't need to use any soap to clean, or "wash" the vulva. Just plain old water and a little rubbing will get the job done. This technique is so safe, it can be done as often as necessary. Water is pure and pH balanced, so it will not react to the high vaginal pH. There are some products that I could personally recommend that you try, but, your better off just not using any for the reasons that I stated. It's cheaper, and better for you. As the saying goes, "less is more," is absolutely right when it comes to the vagina. It's self cleaning and self sustaining, which is why you get regular vaginal secretions (discharge.) The vagina is actually cleaner than the mouth. Don't be fooled when you experience a vaginal odor and assume it's because your dirty, it's just because of an imbalance of bacteria.

Since your using your local libraries computer, I will recommend you some beneficial reading materials. These are great reads. Although they may not be available, you can still check. I recommend that you read:
  • The V Book by Elizabeth Gunther Stewart
  • Probiotics Revolution: The Definitive Guide to Safe, Natural Health Solutions Using Probiotic and Prebiotic Foods and Supplements by Gary B. Huffnagle and Sarah Wernick
  • (Textbook) Women's Gynecologic Health by Kerri D. Schuiling and Frances E. Likis
You should attempt to read any books pertaining to gynecology and vaginal health.

This is personal advice coming from me, to you.

From,
Sweaty in Social Studies

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Jul 2 2009, 08:07 AM
Post #712

QUOTE(ShugD @ Jul 1 2009, 02:22 PM) *
The key is to find a way to keep a normal balance of good bacteria in the vagina. Anyone know of a natural way to introduce good bacteria? I have read that there are two types of good bacteria in the vagina. One: Lactobacillus Crispatus (CTV-05) and Two: Lactobacillus Jensenii
I have been unable to locate a probiotic that contains either of those strains. I am hoping someone out there knows something about this.

If I'm correct, according to the excerpt from this book (here/scroll down to the chart on page 16) there is one product that is confirmed to contain l.crispatus, and another species of l.acidophilus called l.paracasei. It is called, "Fysiq (Mona)" by a company in the Netherlands called Campina. The company calls their strain of l.crispatus "l.acidophilus Gilliand." (Here) is a link to their "Mona" products.

I'm assuming there are more companies that incorporate l.crispatus into their products. They'll just be a little hard to find.

I hope I was of some help biggrin.gif.

+Quote Post
ShugD
post Jul 2 2009, 07:45 AM
Post #713

Hi sooo sad....
It sounds like you have come up with a good routine to keep BV controlled. I think your routine makes sense and will try it. Thanks for sharing what has been working for you.

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Jul 1 2009, 04:17 PM
Post #714

Hardcore BUSTie

hello ladies............

i haven't wrote for awhile but i do read and try to keep up with everything at least once a week. a lot of new busties here.

just wanted to update on my condition....

well, i've had bv since 2007. drs have tested for every std known to man, everything neg except for bv everytime. been on clindamycin, flagyl (about 4 times), and another antifiobic but forgot the name. nothing helped. i don't really have a smell but a thin, gray discharge with itching and buring sometimes. did some research found boric acid...name brand yeast arrest. yes, mainly for yeast infections but it cures bv also. i did that for a whole month as recommended. the discharge went away for like 2 days. then found this site and LORI;) mentioned FEMDOPHILIS. i have been taking this religiously for almost 1.5 years. it made my discharge less but still there, then i tried SASSY's:) regimen.....she makes her own boric acid with capsules. the yeast arrest has other herbal stuff in it and it made me have a discharge all day but the symptoms where gone while using it. so i tried making it and it's better than the yeast arrest. same effect but the discharge is way less, about 90% less. so i tried inserting femdophilis too. i know that the boric acid kills the bad bacteria and some good also so i wanted to replenish the good and i thought why not insert the femdophilis. i did and sometimes i noticed some blood, i thought it might be the capsule so i would open the capsule and empty the bacteria in the gelatin caps that i use for boric acid. works like a charm. so what i do now is insert a boric acid monday, femdophilis tues, wed, thurs night, then boric on fri, sat and sun nothing. i've been doing this since dec 2008. at first i had to play with it, then eventually i came up with my routine. i have sex only with trojan ultra thin condoms and i use silk as a lubricant because it's all natural ingredients and not too harsh for the vagina. i can cope with the extra effort to be almost a normal woman. hopefully in the future my vagina can be like it was before.

hope this helps someone. i really needed help when i first had to deal with this horrid devil. i became suicidal also. at least i can help one person and i will be happy.

so my daily routine:

1. femdophilis in am by mouth(every am)
2. monday-boric acid at night. tuesday, wednesday, thursday-femdophilis emptied into a gelatin cap, insert at night. friday-boric acid at night. saturday and sunday-nothing
3. every night ultimate support vaginal flora by mouth(every night)
4. more fresh foods, less processed. i don't know if it helps but i do it anyways.

hope this helps someone:)

+Quote Post
ShugD
post Jul 1 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #715

Hi Everyone, I am 45.
I am wondering if anyone out there is on hormone replacement therapy (HRT) because of a complete hysterectomy and suffering from repetative BV infections. I can't have sex because after the hysterectomy it hurt so bad. I kept trying for 1.5 years and hurt every time. I finally told my husband no more.
I started HRT at that time to try to get my vaginal walls healthy again and immediately developed a BV. That last 6 months have been constant BV...doctor....flagyl.....Difulcan for yeast.....Flagyl for BV....Boric Acid for yeast.....stopped the HRT....tried the Flagyl again and was ok for about a month.....no sex but tried a small dildo to get vagina used to being penitrated without pain....ended up with another BV.....went back to the doctor......

I finally found a doctor willing to work with my dosages of Hormone replacement without making me feel like a walking time bomb but the BV keeps coming back.
My last prescription was for Clindamycin vaginal cream. Took the BV away but I got a yeast infection within 2 days. Switched to Boric Acid for two weeks and now the BV is back.
I read about the vitamin c treatment but the bleeding scares me. It seems like the ones that have problems with the Vit-c treatment are the ones that have had a hysterectomy.
I think this is all such BS. The key is to find a way to keep a normal balance of good bacteria in the vagina. Anyone know of a natural way to introduce good bacteria? I have read that there are two types of good bacteria in the vagina. One: Lactobacillus Crispatus (CTV-05) and Two: Lactobacillus Jensenii
I have been unable to locate a probiotic that contains either of those strains. I am hoping someone out there knows something about this.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Jun 27 2009, 01:24 AM
Post #716

Hardcore BUSTie

I came to this site two years ago with bv that would not cure even for a day. No matter what meds I used. No matter what I did. It never went away for a minute. I had a terrible group B infection that I got eliminated (excrutiating pain, I must say.) But the regular bv was always there. I was diagnosed with a pretty bad vitamin D deficiency a year ago. I thought it was the answer to my problems. My chronic fatigue, my bv. I did research and found no links whatsoever to bv and vitamin d deficiency...Until now. I get a medical news letter in my email and one day I was checking my mail and right there in front of my face was an email with the subject "Vitamin D deficiency linked to bacterial vaginosis." Ever since I've been supplementing with the prescription vitamin D and tanning my bv has gotten exponentially better. Its still there. But before, my bv was so bad and irritating I couldn't have sex. At all. Now I can have sex whenever I want to.

Vitamin D deficiency is so prevalent these days because of the skin cancer fear that is abounding in this country. Sun block inhibits vitamin d synthesis. Even an SPF as low as 15 hinders vitamin D production almost entirely. It is important that we get at least 10-15 minutes of sun exposure WITH OUT sun block to get adequate vitamin D. Exposure of arms, face and legs is sufficient. 10-15 minutes of unprotected sun exposure is safe. I could go on for days but I won't. I'm just going to tell you to google vitamin d and research it yourself. Not sure if anyone has posted this find yet, but here it is: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/703577

Everyone go out and get your vitamin d levels checked. You need to know for sure that your level is low because vitamin d is nothing to play around with.

But as I said, vitamin d deficiency is running so rampant in this country I wouldn't be at all surprised if its the cause of most of the women's bv issues on this board.

In this article it says that a level below the norm of 80 is associated with an increased risk of bv. So if your doc checks it, its below 80, and they say you're fine make them read this article.

+Quote Post
jlo
post Jun 25 2009, 08:00 AM
Post #717

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Jun 24 2009, 04:41 PM) *
Femanol has been talked about before, (click here.) Were you diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis?

Thanks. Wish I would have seen that part of the forum before I bought $130 worth. Yes - I was diagnosed with BV. I believe I have had it for about 3 years but misdiagnosed. Just had twins & now it seems pretty prevalent. Just finished generic Flagyl and felt good, even after sex, but right after period and another round of sex.... it's back! Have another appointment next week... and around & around we go!

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Jun 25 2009, 06:55 AM
Post #718

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Jun 24 2009, 06:30 PM) *
i still get so angry when i think of why i have bv that won't go away... a few years ago i went and got a pap smear and my doctor called me a few days later saying i had an "imbalance" and prescribed me the single dose clindesse. i didn't even have any symptoms. i really wish i knew what i know now cause i never would have used it. after i used it i started getting discharge and itching so i went back to the dr. she told me i still had the imbalance and gave me clindesse a second time. if you look it up online there are so many bad things about clindesse and it specifically says not to use it more than once in 90 days because it can and most likely will cause the infection to be resistant to antibiotics.

that doctor got fired btw... i wish there was something i could do because she really messed me up for life sad.gif

Your story reminds me of my own. Before I was diagnosed with my infection, I scheduled an appointment with my general practitioner, and she examined me, and she said something like, "I can see you have increased discharge, but all of your cultures came back negative." I was so sure that something wrong; there was an odor and everything, it would smell musty one day, and change to a very heavy thick odorous smell the next day, which was really confusing at times. This is why I assumed I had bacterial vaginosis. So, I told my general practitioner, and she tested me for bacterial vaginosis, and the culture came back negative. She did the whiff test, and she didn't smell anything, and all this other stuff. After about my third visit, she prescribed me three doses of flagyl because she suspected I had a yeast infection, and she had also convinced me that the odor was all in my head. So, I took the flagyl, and it didn't work. I came back, and then she prescribed me metrogel because I wasn't responding to the flagyl. I took the metrogel and it didn't work. Finally, after about five visits to my GP, she referred me to someone else. And lucky ol' me was diagnosed with 2-3 species of non-albican yeast. I've always known about yeast infections, but not non-albican yeast infections. It's supposedly a type of yeast that is antibiotic resistant, which is what Dr. Stewart told me. You know what's the most ironic part of all, she prescribed me boric acid, which is something I didn't want to use in the first place. I thought it was used for killing roaches!

Sometimes I wonder if doing all of those treatments made my symptoms worse. If I had been more firm, and aware at the time, I probably wouldn't have gone through so much trouble. I really trusted my GP's input, and wanted to believe what she was saying. My general practitioner isn't a bad doctor, but her specialty isn't in gynecology.

I feel bad for you though, only finding temporary relief, but never anything permanent. But I do know for sure there is a medication currently being regulated by the FDA that is in it's second phase (Phase II), which is prescribed to treat antibiotic resistant bacteria such as MRSA, and resistant strains of e. Coli. If there is a drug that can treat MRSA, a very dangerous superbug, I'm sure there will be one that can treat bacterial vaginosis.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jun 24 2009, 05:30 PM
Post #719

Hardcore BUSTie

i still get so angry when i think of why i have bv that won't go away... a few years ago i went and got a pap smear and my doctor called me a few days later saying i had an "imbalance" and prescribed me the single dose clindesse. i didn't even have any symptoms. i really wish i knew what i know now cause i never would have used it. after i used it i started getting discharge and itching so i went back to the dr. she told me i still had the imbalance and gave me clindesse a second time. if you look it up online there are so many bad things about clindesse and it specifically says not to use it more than once in 90 days because it can and most likely will cause the infection to be resistant to antibiotics.

that doctor got fired btw... i wish there was something i could do because she really messed me up for life sad.gif

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jun 24 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #720

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Jun 24 2009, 11:07 AM) *
So ... to anyone using the BIO-FEM gel: Is it comparable to the RepHresh Vaginal Gel? I can't seem to find a list of ingredients for it.

i think it is more similar to acid jelly. i think i remember acid jelly being talked about on here a long time ago but it's not prescribed in the US anymore. i have the biofem here i'll type the ingredients... aloe barbadensis extract, xanthan gum, galactoarabinan polyglucoronic acid crosspolymer (based on 2QR: patented polyssaccharides), glycerin, caprylyl glycol.

it really was working for me, then i went on vacation with my bf and we had sex without a condom, a few times, and kinda rough. i think that messed things up for me cause it's back now. also, he has 2 penis piercings which i'm almost positive make it worse. i should really be using condoms always... but even though it's back, i haven't had sex since wednesday of last week and it's going away now. i'm still using the biofem every day.

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Jun 14 2009, 06:00 PM) *
I'm also using bio fem because of you and I'm getting very good results I feel like my old self
Again nobody not rubbing their noses when I stand to them nothing. I feel good for first time but
I don't want to get to happy before it stop working on me. Last night I had unprotected sex with my
Husband.Now after sex is always worst for me so I try the bio fem no smell at all. I never had a product
So amazing. Thanks a lot for your info you really help me!!

i'm glad it's helping!!! how long have you been using it? and are you using any other treatments? i'm still taking primaophilus reuteri.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 34 35 36 37 38 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 18, 2014 - 12:27 PM