Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 35 36 37 38 39 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Jun 24 2009, 04:41 PM
Post #721

QUOTE(jlo @ Jun 24 2009, 12:45 PM) *
Hi. New to chat but have been reading for a few weeks. Has anyone tried Femanol? Natural supplements rolled into one. I just ordered a 3-months supply. If you google, you will get all kinds of hits. I only see positive reviews. It is expensive but I hope, in the end, it is better than hitting dead ends.

Femanol has been talked about before, (click here.) Were you diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jlo
post Jun 24 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #722

Hi. New to chat but have been reading for a few weeks. Has anyone tried Femanol? Natural supplements rolled into one. I just ordered a 3-months supply. If you google, you will get all kinds of hits. I only see positive reviews. It is expensive but I hope, in the end, it is better than hitting dead ends.

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Jun 24 2009, 10:07 AM
Post #723

So ... to anyone using the BIO-FEM gel: Is it comparable to the RepHresh Vaginal Gel? I can't seem to find a list of ingredients for it.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 20 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #724

Big Fat Bitch

Artsylove, what are you, twelve? By all means take your ball & go home, you silly git.

Look, you drank your own urine twice (Which I don't see why it was so hard outside of it being psychological or you had a yen for asparagus. Cheap tequila is harsh, pee isn't. It's sterile, salty fucking water your body has already processed.) & have been douching (Douching isn't very healthy either.) with it for a week. Say it with me, for a WEEK. A week & you are encouraging others to do something that while not outright harmful is still not a very good idea. Waste isn't intended to be recycled except in dire situations no matter what some yahoo writes up on some webpage. Pooh-pooh science all you want, but I'm pretty sure douching with pee isn't the answer.

As far as the toxicity of boric acid or peroxide? Extremely minimal. EXTREMELY. This is why they are frequently used as antiseptics. As long as you aren't packing your vag with the stuff, you should be fine. YOU do YOUR fucking research from someplace REPUTABLE.

And when were there ever "experts" on here, Horror_Movie? Unless by "experts" you mean struggling women at their wit's end with a history of BV & being misdiagnosed/receiving ineffectual treatment from the medical community. I know Chacha comes around sometimes, but she's more in the gen health & homeopath threads.

Conversation can only be had if one is willing to contribute. Perhaps instead of bailing for a month, you should stick around & try to stimulate the thread, H_M. I see BV girls on all the time (Ya'll pick the saddest names.), but when nobody posts anything new/progress reports, etc, things stagnate. A little proactivity never hurt anybody.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Jun 20 2009, 06:22 PM
Post #725

BUSTie

QUOTE(artsylove @ Jun 16 2009, 05:46 PM) *
Listen. Suffering can lead to desperate measures. Nothing is a sick as the nasty discharge of bv so u need to open your mind to things, Urine is safer than some of the things people are experimenting with on this board such as boric acid and peroxide which are toxic. Do a little research. I only drunk mine twice, because I hate doing it, but believe me if I continue to have this I will start intense urine therapy. I am douching with my urine once a day and it helps alot! better than peroxide and it doesnt burn, and I dont feel like its burning my tissues. Its also free and convienent. If I have to deal with bv my who life this is how I will manage it...and I dont smell at all with this treatment...I probably smell better than you....

Instead of smelling like must or fish you smell like urine with perfume!! Do what you do and I'm going do what
I do. If your smell is gone Good 4 you!!
Peace gone for another month because this board is useless all the experts is gone

+Quote Post
artsylove
post Jun 19 2009, 09:26 PM
Post #726

Listen. its working for me and thats all I have to say. Try to help people...I wont anymore....I guess people will keep trying different medicine's from the doctor that do nothing..fine with me..Scientific evidence is bullshit. It says we should be cured with flagyl....U dont have to take my advice...I was just trying to help...and for the "smell better than you" comment I was responding to someone who said I probably smelled. If I ever find a cure to bv ill keep it to myself since people on this forum seem to be bitches and are not open minded. Since the medical community has failed us, we have to look elsewhere...ill look myself...

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jun 19 2009, 05:28 PM) *
I call complete & utter bullshit. There is no scientific evidence of a therapeutic use for urine (The jellyfish sting thing is an old wive's tale & could actually make things worse.). It's not "nutritional" (Water, urea, various compounds, hormones, metabolites, corticosteroids, excess/unuseable vitamins.) at all. Drink your own pee if you think it helps you (Placebo effect, anyone?), but you're basically just reintroducing to your body the waste materials it already excreted once. You'll just re-excrete it since your body saw fit to not absorb it in the first place. Urine "therapy" is probably not going to hurt you, but it certainly isn't going to help either.

I'm also a bit wary/leery of taking medical advice from somebody that can't spell the words forum, therapy, desperation, or douche. Not to mention the whole, "I bet I smell better than you do" thing. Way to get taken seriously.

ETA: Exactly where are you buying your peroxide from? It should be no more than .99 a bottle. If you're ingesting bottled water instead of tap, the resulting pee can be pretty pricey in the long run.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 19 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #727

Big Fat Bitch

I call complete & utter bullshit. There is no scientific evidence of a therapeutic use for urine (The jellyfish sting thing is an old wive's tale & could actually make things worse.). It's not "nutritional" (Water, urea, various compounds, salts, hormones, metabolites, corticosteroids, excess/unuseable vitamins.) at all. Drink your own pee if you think it helps you (Placebo effect, anyone?), but you're basically just reintroducing to your body the waste materials it already excreted once. You'll just re-excrete it since your body saw fit to not absorb it in the first place. Urine "therapy" is probably not going to hurt you, but it certainly isn't going to help either.

I'm also a bit wary/leery of taking medical advice from somebody that can't spell the words forum, therapy, desperation, or douche. Not to mention the whole, "I bet I smell better than you do" thing. Way to get taken seriously.

ETA: Exactly where are you buying your peroxide from? It should be no more than .99 a bottle. If you're ingesting bottled water instead of tap, the resulting pee can be pretty pricey in the long run.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Jun 18 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #728

QUOTE(artsylove @ Jun 7 2009, 01:06 AM) *
Hello,
Ive been an observer on this formum for a long time. I have been suffering with BV for 5+ years and have tried every medication, herbal remedy, and diet change under the sun with no results. At extreme despiration I have tried a something new that has offered some hope of healing. Brace yourself......Im am doing URINE THERPY. Yep. I drink a small glass of my own urine in the morning and douch with the rest of it. I have def seen improvement in my BV. I may douch with it twice a day sometimes. Its free (Not like peroxide) and it doesnt burn. Ive been doing it for about a week. Drinking my urine is really hard for me, and I really dont think im drinking as much as I should. Urine fast are recommended but I have to work my way up to that. I know it sounds gross but this BV has given me no choice...It will be hard if not impossible to do the first time you try, but u just have to think about how the BV is destroying your life and youll get over it. Urine is supposedly very nutritional and healing for the body. If anyone has the guts to try it plese let me know if your also getting results. Hope this helps someone. Here are some links on Urine Therpy:

http://www.universal-tao.com/article/urine_therapy.html
http://educate-yourself.org/fc/
http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/urine.htm
http://www.lifepositive.com/Body/tradition...ine-therapy.asp
http://www.leaflady.org/urine_therapy.htm
http://www.anael.org/english/urine/index.htm

I've never heard of urine therapy before. I'm assuming the only reason it could be working for you is because your douching. My only concern is, you probably still have an active infection, and douching can cause the infection to spread farther. Not only that, but your removing "good" bacteria when you douche, and you need that good bacteria for your vaginal flora to get back on track. My advice to you, is to find a remedy that doesn't involve douching. Since the intestinal flora, and the vaginal flora are interrelated, you should try remedies that more benefit the intestinal tract. Since bacteria resides in the intestines, and greatly impacts intestinal health, you should eat foods that are raw, fermented, and cultured, such as: kefir, sauerkraut, cottage cheese, raw vegetables (and fruits), raw garlic (which has clinically studied antibiotic properties), raw unpasteurized milk (not recommended for everyone), wheat, and a variety of other foods that are not processed. These foods introduce "good" bacteria, enzymes, and complex nutrients that inhibit the intestinal epithelium, fighting for space to colonize, making it harder for bad bacteria to thrive. I just don't want you to do a remedy that won't work and harms you in the process.

Good luck,
Sweaty in Social Studies

P.S. I know what it's like to be desperate for a cure, but it's important to find a cure that works.

+Quote Post
artsylove
post Jun 16 2009, 04:46 PM
Post #729

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Jun 14 2009, 06:07 PM) *
Don't be drinking your urine that just disgusting and you probably still have
The smell even doing that. Its so not worth it and shouldn't even recommend
To anyone else. Drinking urine is why people don't like coming on this board it getting
Over board that it so sickening.

Listen. Suffering can lead to desperate measures. Nothing is a sick as the nasty discharge of bv so u need to open your mind to things, Urine is safer than some of the things people are experimenting with on this board such as boric acid and peroxide which are toxic. Do a little research. I only drunk mine twice, because I hate doing it, but believe me if I continue to have this I will start intense urine therapy. I am douching with my urine once a day and it helps alot! better than peroxide and it doesnt burn, and I dont feel like its burning my tissues. Its also free and convienent. If I have to deal with bv my who life this is how I will manage it...and I dont smell at all with this treatment...I probably smell better than you....

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Jun 14 2009, 05:07 PM
Post #730

BUSTie

QUOTE(artsylove @ Jun 7 2009, 01:06 AM) *
Hello,
Ive been an observer on this formum for a long time. I have been suffering with BV for 5+ years and have tried every medication, herbal remedy, and diet change under the sun with no results. At extreme despiration I have tried a something new that has offered some hope of healing. Brace yourself......Im am doing URINE THERPY. Yep. I drink a small glass of my own urine in the morning and douch with the rest of it. I have def seen improvement in my BV. I may douch with it twice a day sometimes. Its free (Not like peroxide) and it doesnt burn. Ive been doing it for about a week. Drinking my urine is really hard for me, and I really dont think im drinking as much as I should. Urine fast are recommended but I have to work my way up to that. I know it sounds gross but this BV has given me no choice...It will be hard if not impossible to do the first time you try, but u just have to think about how the BV is destroying your life and youll get over it. Urine is supposedly very nutritional and healing for the body. If anyone has the guts to try it plese let me know if your also getting results. Hope this helps someone. Here are some links on Urine Therpy:

Don't be drinking your urine that just disgusting and you probably still have
The smell even doing that. Its so not worth it and shouldn't even recommend
To anyone else. Drinking urine is why people don't like coming on this board it getting
Over board that it so sickening.

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Jun 14 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #731

BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Jun 9 2009, 12:36 AM) *
i've been using the bio-fem active gel for a week now and it is definitely working. there is no more smell. i just finished my period so i can't tell if i have any discharge yet. i'm also taking primadophilus reuteri. i read that someone cured their chronic bv by using this remedy.

i'm using the bio-fem for a month. first 2 weeks 3 times a day. 3rd week 2 times a day and 4th week once a day. i think i will continue to use it 3 times a week after that because i'm doubtful that the bv will stay away if i stop completely. bio-fem is good for you though and not bad if you keep using it so if i have to keep using it i will.

i'm taking primadophilus reuteri 2-3 times a day (i'm trying for 3 but i keep forgetting to take it.) once i feel like i'm positive that this is completely gone i will only take it once a day.

i feel so relieved that i finally found something that's not harmful and is working!! i'm too tired to look up links right now so if anyone wants information ask me. hope this can help!! smile.gif

I'm also using bio fem because of you and I'm getting very good results I feel like my old self
Again nobody not rubbing their noses when I stand to them nothing. I feel good for first time but
I don't want to get to happy before it stop working on me. Last night I had unprotected sex with my
Husband.Now after sex is always worst for me so I try the bio fem no smell at all. I never had a product
So amazing. Thanks a lot for your info you really help me!!

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jun 8 2009, 11:36 PM
Post #732

Hardcore BUSTie

i've been using the bio-fem active gel for a week now and it is definitely working. there is no more smell. i just finished my period so i can't tell if i have any discharge yet. i'm also taking primadophilus reuteri. i read that someone cured their chronic bv by using this remedy.

i'm using the bio-fem for a month. first 2 weeks 3 times a day. 3rd week 2 times a day and 4th week once a day. i think i will continue to use it 3 times a week after that because i'm doubtful that the bv will stay away if i stop completely. bio-fem is good for you though and not bad if you keep using it so if i have to keep using it i will.

i'm taking primadophilus reuteri 2-3 times a day (i'm trying for 3 but i keep forgetting to take it.) once i feel like i'm positive that this is completely gone i will only take it once a day.

i feel so relieved that i finally found something that's not harmful and is working!! i'm too tired to look up links right now so if anyone wants information ask me. hope this can help!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
artsylove
post Jun 7 2009, 12:06 AM
Post #733

Hello,

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Jun 5 2009, 04:23 AM
Post #734

QUOTE(yme @ Jun 4 2009, 01:10 AM) *
Seems to me like the thrill is gone as for this forum. No one post anymore. I think a lot of us women have just gotten frustrated and exhausted with our doctors, remedies, and prescriptions. I use to visit this site often I tried everything under the sun to cure my bacterial vaginosis including more than 20 doctors over the past several, several years. Not once has my bacterial vaginosis let up in years. I suffer daily with discharge and an awful smell.

The reason why no one ever post anymore is because there is nothing else left to say but why have our doctors failed us, why is there no known cure to clear this up completely. Why all the useless antibiotics, disappointing doctor visits and money we waste away on the regular trying to get a healthy vagina. Ladies whats next what do we do from here, lets not give up lets stand up and be heard. What can we do??

It's important to understand that doctors can only prescribe you what is available for your condition. There are many drugs that the FDA hasn't approved because there isn't enough money for it to be tested and researched. Money is a big factor in the production of drugs. Researchers do know for a fact that there are newer strains of bacterial vaginosis that are antibiotic resistant, lactic acid resistant, and hydrogen peroxide resistant (go here for more information.) They are finding newer ways to treat these strains of bacteria. In a sense, even if you tried the most highly regarded remedy that is guaranteed to work, it won't because of the strain of bacteria that you could potentially be dealing with. The best thing you can do about dealing with your bacterial infection is to consider looking into participating in medical research. That is your only portal to testing a drug that can literally cure you. Just something to consider ...

Kudos to you for being hopeful.

+Quote Post
yme
post Jun 4 2009, 12:10 AM
Post #735

BUSTie

Seems to me like the thrill is gone as for this forum. No one post anymore. I think a lot of us women have just gotten frustrated and exhausted with our doctors, remedies, and prescriptions. I use to visit this site often I tried everything under the sun to cure my bacterial vaginosis including more than 20 doctors over the past several, several years. Not once has my bacterial vaginosis let up in years. I suffer daily with discharge and an awful smell.

The reason why no one ever post anymore is because there is nothing else left to say but why have our doctors failed us, why is there no known cure to clear this up completely. Why all the useless antibiotics, disappointing doctor visits and money we waste away on the regular trying to get a healthy vagina. Ladies whats next what do we do from here, lets not give up lets stand up and be heard. What can we do??

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jun 2 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #736

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Jun 2 2009, 04:33 PM) *
Hi Sassy!! Great to see ya!!! Yeah, mine comes in and out. I'm free of it, then it comes back, mostly after sex. I wish I could use the boric.. I have two bottles of it.. but, the alergic reaction wasn't worth it. In fact, I have never really been able to get rid of the reaction I had to it. Still getting soars on my arms and forehead, and I haven't used boric for well over a year...

I try not to let it stress me out too, that's why I rarely come on here. I feel like the more I think about B.V., the worse it gets! lol.. so, staying away from this blog, keeps my mind off of it! lol

Anyways, great to see you! Glad you have yours some what under control. Is Lori still around? Or has she left.

I don't know about Lori. I really don't read this thread much anymore. I comment in other threads but there was too much drama here.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jun 2 2009, 11:33 AM
Post #737

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Jun 2 2009, 09:13 AM) *
Hey Jewels...I'm still around. I'm still using boric acid every few months, going to my doctor for monitoring while on it, and eating a healthy diet. I also quit the pill after being on it for six years. I'm not cured, but I am doing a lot better than I was so that is something. I try not to let this BV stress me out anymore. Sorry to hear that yours came back sad.gif

Hi Sassy!! Great to see ya!!! Yeah, mine comes in and out. I'm free of it, then it comes back, mostly after sex. I wish I could use the boric.. I have two bottles of it.. but, the alergic reaction wasn't worth it. In fact, I have never really been able to get rid of the reaction I had to it. Still getting soars on my arms and forehead, and I haven't used boric for well over a year...

I try not to let it stress me out too, that's why I rarely come on here. I feel like the more I think about B.V., the worse it gets! lol.. so, staying away from this blog, keeps my mind off of it! lol

Anyways, great to see you! Glad you have yours some what under control. Is Lori still around? Or has she left.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jun 2 2009, 04:13 AM
Post #738

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Jun 2 2009, 04:38 AM) *
Hi everyone!!! It's been along time!!! Is Sassy still around?? How about Lori??

Well, just wanted to stop in to say hello... I see there's alot of newbies here, and not any names I recognize.. I'm still suffering from B.V. TTO suppositories work, but not a cure. I'm getting ready to head back to the doctor, to see what they say.. this time.. sighs.... Lori, if you are lurking.. what exactly is it that recommend again?

Hope all is well!!! Miss you all!!!

Hey Jewels...I'm still around. I'm still using boric acid every few months, going to my doctor for monitoring while on it, and eating a healthy diet. I also quit the pill after being on it for six years. I'm not cured, but I am doing a lot better than I was so that is something. I try not to let this BV stress me out anymore. Sorry to hear that yours came back sad.gif

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jun 1 2009, 11:38 PM
Post #739

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi everyone!!! It's been along time!!! Is Sassy still around?? How about Lori??

Well, just wanted to stop in to say hello... I see there's alot of newbies here, and not any names I recognize.. I'm still suffering from B.V. TTO suppositories work, but not a cure. I'm getting ready to head back to the doctor, to see what they say.. this time.. sighs.... Lori, if you are lurking.. what exactly is it that recommend again?

Hope all is well!!! Miss you all!!!

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jun 1 2009, 10:55 AM
Post #740

Hardcore BUSTie

hi ladies. i wrote last week that i ordered bio-fem from the uk. i found out about it from this site: chronic bv

i just got it in the mail and i'm going to start using it today. let you know how it goes. i'm really excited about this. i plan on using it for a month as one of the girls on the guetbook for that website said her doctor prescribed her to do. i'm also using primadophilus reuteri.

hopefully this works!!!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 35 36 37 38 39 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 29, 2014 - 01:37 AM