The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

20 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Having Problems with our Web Site?
doodlebug
post Jul 29 2008, 10:35 PM
Post #81

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

Thanks for the reply, LL! Nope, this is a new issue for me, the stretched screen. I remember in the old OLD Lounge, sometimes really long URLs or massive text without spaces would stretch an entire thread past the edge of the screen, but it hasn't been happening since the changeover from that old OLD Lounge. This time the whole Lounge is stretched, no matter what part of it you are in. I checked it in IE and Firefox, and it's doing it in both.....

I don't have the problem if I set my resolution to 1024 X 768....but then the text comes up REALLY tiny for me.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jul 29 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #82

new highs in personal lows daily!

thank you!!!!

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jul 29 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #83

Hardcore BUSTie

okay, thanks everyone. i got the avatars back, still trying to figure out the bb code thing. and the drop down thing...

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Jul 29 2008, 08:14 PM
Post #84

LL - old posts seem to be back. avatars are back. still no formatting bar. i was able to go to a persons profile and view all their posts. other then formatting bar everything seems fine. i don't use the pink formatting however. i use the work safe blue. (I'm boring I know). I'm not exactly the pink kinda person. Getting off subject here. Seems to be much better. Thanks!!

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Jul 29 2008, 06:07 PM
Post #85

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

I'm not sure if you are already aware of this, loungelady, but when looking at anybody's profile I cannot click on any of the drop-down options, i.e. ignoring the user or click on the options for topics, posts, etc.

Also, the only reason my post is appearing in colour is because I know the code as the last time the lounge was improved my colour was removed from the palette.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jul 29 2008, 02:29 PM
Post #86

Hardcore BUSTie

yes i fixed the time. I don't know what's going on with avatars yet but am working on it...and formatting too

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jul 29 2008, 01:33 PM
Post #87

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

My time is now fixed- yay!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jul 29 2008, 01:19 PM
Post #88

Hardcore BUSTie

wait - really? the old posts are missing? where do you see that, love my pugs. please let me know. thanks!

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jul 29 2008, 01:11 PM
Post #89

ut! i take it back. i get no formatting options either.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Jul 29 2008, 12:59 PM
Post #90

LL - I'm seeing a big mess. I know you are working hard to fix it so I'll just give you what I'm seeing...

1. Louge is very slow
2. Keep getting errors when I hit View New Posts
3. No formatting options when I go to reply
4. My time is wrong and I can't find US Eastern time in the list of timezones
5. Can't see any avatars just red x's
6. Old posts are missing

Other then that it's great. I couldn't get onto the site all morning and I was bored out of my mind here at work so I'll take what I can get.

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jul 29 2008, 12:54 PM
Post #91

avitars and personal photos are awol for some, not all busties. i have the full reply tool bars but they never left for me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jul 29 2008, 12:52 PM
Post #92

yep, it's working now- thanks. Still missing avatars and the reply toolbar.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jul 29 2008, 12:47 PM
Post #93

Hardcore BUSTie

hey polly, the main page does look like it's updating for me, does it seem like it's working better now for you?
as for the size of the screen, haven't you had this problem since the last version doodlebug, or is it new? I suppose i could try and do a template for smaller screens (not soon though, but eventually). just wondering if this is new for you or an older issue. thanks everyone!

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jul 29 2008, 12:19 PM
Post #94

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

Debbie, thanks for all your work on this!

I am only having one problem with the new Lounge....my display settings are set to 800 X 600, and the Lounge pages are impossibly stretched out past the edge of the screen, making it really awkward to read and participate. I can't make my settings any higher, as my monitor is old - and so am I! - and I can't read the text if the settings make it any tinier. Is there any way to correct this myself, or do I have to just suck it up? Or can it be fixed?

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jul 29 2008, 12:03 PM
Post #95

Also, on the main Lounge page, the "Latest Post Info" is all of the last posts from yesterday, even though there's been posts today, it's not updating with that information. When you go into the section (Media Whores, Ab-Fad, LTAS, etc.), the individual threads have the latest post in the column. It's just the main page it's not updating.

--------------------

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jul 29 2008, 11:35 AM
Post #96

thanks deb. we appreciate the hard work!

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jul 29 2008, 11:19 AM
Post #97

Hardcore BUSTie

thanks for your help! it looks like some of my settings need to be changed, and i'll do that in a sec.

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jul 29 2008, 11:06 AM
Post #98

I'm sure there's still some kinks being worked out, but just to let you know what I'm noticing:

I don't see most avatars; just a red X.

Also, the time is off. I have mine set to Central Time (Chicago), and according to the atomic-based clock on my desk, it's 11:02am here. The site says it's 12:18pm.

Also, when I'm posting this, I'm not getting the options/icons in the reply window that I usually have, i.e., the hyperlink icons, the image icons....it should be noted I'm in the work-safe mode.

Thanks for the update, though and glad to see the site back.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jul 29 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #99

Hardcore BUSTie

update is posted in the news and announcements thread...please read...

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Jul 28 2008, 10:46 AM
Post #100

sassygrrl

I can't get into the bust.com at all except heading to a girl wide web link. I just figured they were re-doing the site.
Hmmm....

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 25, 2014 - 07:31 PM