The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

36 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> let your fingers do the walking...the masturbation thread.
Anne_Ecdote
post May 31 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #1

BUSTie

double oops
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anne_Ecdote
post May 31 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #2

BUSTie

oops

+Quote Post
Anne_Ecdote
post May 31 2011, 12:47 PM
Post #3

BUSTie

racist

creepy

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Mar 12 2011, 06:28 PM
Post #4

Big Fat Bitch

Calling all wankers: Eden Fantasy is running a 20% off moving sale, use code ATLANTA. Babeland is also offering a 10% off March Madness sale, use CALX10. They are also offering 20% off CalExotics toys, some of which are very swank!

I admit I am mad curious about the joy of the Jollie dildo. It makes me think of a fuckable cupcake!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Mar 10 2011, 03:43 AM
Post #5

Big Fat Bitch

*bump*

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 7 2011, 03:18 PM
Post #6

Big Fat Bitch

*bump*

--------------------

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Jan 3 2011, 06:08 AM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

I guess that, growing up in the much more sex-positive culture of the queer community (not to mention the age of information, where all my teenage questions were answered with the click of a button), I've always taken my view of masturbation for granted. I started masturbating when I was 10 or 11, and although I was informed enough to know that most people masturbate and there isn't anything wrong with it, I definitely knew better than to talk to anyone about it. My family, while certainly not conservative, was always very reserved about any sort of personal disclosure. Online women's communities definitely played an enormous role in my development. I was an avid member on Chickclick and EstroV2 (anyone remember them?) before they shut down, and then I ended up here when I was 16 or 17. So there's always been a place to go for frank discussion of any kind of topic for me.

Then I came out as bi when I was 13 or 14 and sort of fell into orbit with the queer community, with all their emphasis on openness, self-awareness, challenging cultural norms, sex-positivity, and safety. Growing up in that environment, frank discussions of sexuality were normal. I thought nothing of discussing sex, orgasms and masturbation or going toy shopping with my friends. I bought my first vibrator just after I turned 15, and rather than feeling embarrassed, I remember feeling quite proud of myself. On top of a great queer community, I was lucky enough to have a really great, friendly, classy sex shop in my town.

Thinking about it now, my experience is definitely not the norm. Huh. I really am lucky.

Although I'm not lucky enough to have a satisfactory outlet for my sexual frustrations at the moment. As nice as it is, the detachable shower head can't finish the job - all it does is get me right to the edge. It's actually way worse than unsatisfactory - it's just aggravating my already formidable frustration. I wish I'd thought to bring a waterproof vibe here with me. If I could just go buzz one out in the privacy of the shower, with the water running to cover the sound, I'd be all set. I'm no exhibitionist and the idea of getting caught doesn't excite me at all, so stealing a quickie with my super-loud pocket rocket when the roomie's out getting lunch or whatever is just not appealing. I need to feel safe and secure. Gah. Studying for exams is impossible when I haven't had an orgasm in months (although technically it hasn't been months - my body's gotten tired of waiting for release and I've been having spontaneous sleep-gasms again).

So I'm coveting sex toys. When I get back to Canada I'm gonna renovate my toy collection and go upscale. I need something waterproof and something powerful and electric. I'm thinking maybe the Siri, the Flash, or the Mona.

--------------------
To be free one must give up a little part of oneself.

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Dec 20 2010, 03:11 PM
Post #8

it's cards on the table time

In my early 20s my (female) friends and I had a giggly discussion about masturbation and decided to call it 'vonking' (instead of 'wanking' which seemed to be appropriated by men). After a few pre-dinner drinks at Thanksgiving that year I actually mentioned this conversation to my mom, then my aunt came into the room and we all had a great moment of recognition. Strangely, I would be far too embarrassed to have this conversation (or even share the anecdote) with my mom now (much less my aunt who has re-discovered Jesus) but at the time it was awesome.

I've been a fan since I was small but I knew very early on not to tell people, and to be honest it hasn't really come up IRL since. For me, I would agree with this from the article comments: 'I know my own pleasure buttons and I like to back off/edge for a while. I think that's what makes me a good lover. I've done all the homework on myself and I can focus on my partner whilst not worrying about busting my own nut. I'll definitely get off; (to borrow from U2) with or without you.'

I dunno if I'm great in bed but knowing I don't have to worry about getting off probably makes me more relaxed and able to enjoy the scenery, as it were.

Great conversation AP; in a nutshell I think (certainly where I'm living now) women are still really, really reticent/shy/embarrassed about owning up to masturbating, but that could be generational as well as cultural.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Dec 20 2010, 11:48 AM
Post #9

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(ketto @ Dec 20 2010, 11:11 AM) *
I don't know if I'd use the word disgusting . . .

To clarify, I only used the word "disgusting" because the author of the story did: "I'm just thoroughly disgusted by the idea of touching myself."

QUOTE(ketto @ Dec 20 2010, 11:11 AM) *
. . . but I have met people who have a lot of issues masturbating apart from religious shame.

I was speaking merely from my general experience in speaking with other like-minded adult women. I'm sure there are many people that have issues masturbating that aren't strictly from religious shame, I don't dispute that. Sexual/psychological abuse survivors come to mind, etc. Or squeamish types, one woman in the comments section actually compared the feel of her lady cave with that of raw chicken. Which just hurts my heart as an awful comparison to make, I guess to each her own.

But I must say that being that most of us (the majority of Busties being from Canada, the US, or the UK) were raised in the Judeo/Christian world, where our cultures' ideas of shame are largely bred of religious nature whether we practice/believe in any religion or not. Look at movies, magazines, tv, etc, (If feminine product advertising tells us anything, it's that the female sexual organs are foul & messy). All of our popular media conveys some kind of retribution/repercussion for acting upon normal human sexuality, particularly if one is female. I mean, I also grew up in a decidedly non-religious household, but there were still things that I felt guilty about growing up for no specific reason other than some lingering perceived taboo that our J/C repressive culture coughed up in the form of some episode of 'The Facts of fuckin' Life'. That Mrs. Garrett was something of a nag sometimes!

I know I masturbated when I was little & there was the summer when my parents no longer had to coax me into the bath every night (I was sparkling clean, but getting repetitive stress!), & then I just stopped. I don't know why, I guess I just lost interest again until seven or so years later when I was sixteen & started again. I've pretty much been a fan ever since. wub.gif

The whole thing made me kind of sad. Hating one's body to the point that one cannot seek pleasure in it unless being . . . I dunno, validated? by having a partner seek pleasure in it. Seeing sex as "transactional". Also the narrow-minded thinking that masturbation = penetration. And having a gyno not have enough respect for you to tell you something is in your head. Hrmph.

I am thinking way too hard for a Monday.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ketto
post Dec 20 2010, 10:11 AM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't know if I'd use the word disgusting, but I have met people who have a lot of issues masturbating apart from religious shame. I started when i was 13 and for a couple of years I would feel horribly guilty after. I was raised in a very very non-religious household but I think I felt shame just because no one talked about it. I felt kind of dirty after and it seemed so taboo or even that I was too young to be doing it. Even though I knew it was normal, that pang of guilt still hit me sometimes after.

I'm not sure exactly what changed but by the time I was 16 I had totally come to terms with it. Talking to other women now though, I find that we never talked about it as teenagers because those of us who did it felt ashamed, and we were afraid to talk about it.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Dec 20 2010, 07:55 AM
Post #11

Big Fat Bitch

I thought this was a slighting interesting article from the Frisky about one woman's disgust at masturbating.

When masturbation has come up in conversations within groups of women I've been around, there always seem to be the women that are loud & proud, the "yeah, whatever, I do it" women, the private women that won't admit it, & then the couple of women that say they don't or haven't/"well I don't tickle myself, either". I've never met anybody that found it "disgusting" without some kind of deep-seated religious shame issues.

Any input from anybody out there in the ghostworld?

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 23 2010, 06:41 PM
Post #12

Big Fat Bitch

*bump*

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 3 2010, 06:43 PM
Post #13

Big Fat Bitch

*bump*

I couldn't stand seeing grandpa creepy's post at the top anymore. I'd like to think he's not that guy fap fap fapping all over the Lounge, but I doubt it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 26 2010, 01:51 PM
Post #14

Big Fat Bitch

*bump*

I was finally able to use the DoubleDare. ONCE. It wasn't easy going in, but once it was, whoa, Nelly!

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 19 2010, 10:50 AM
Post #15

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(stargazer @ Sep 17 2010, 08:11 PM) *
That Doubledare dildo is pretty! I've been "meh" about buying a glass dildo, but, I might have to buy that one.

On the DoubleDare: of the ones I bought myself, it was the one I most looked forward to trying out, but, uh . . . I have not been able to put it to much good use & NOT for lack of trying. Tons of relaxation, foreplay, & lube & no go. The handle/shaft end is okay, but I was really interested in how the nubs would feel. I am saving it for my next rendezvous with the fella, perhaps his helping hand may get me over the, ahem, *hump*.

--------------------

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Sep 19 2010, 09:56 AM
Post #16

Hardcore BUSTie

Living in 12" X 12" dorm room with one other person has really cramped my style, but then today I remembered what detatchable shower heads are really for. Thank god. Now I just have to learn how to come standing up!

--------------------
To be free one must give up a little part of oneself.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Sep 17 2010, 07:11 PM
Post #17

brown delicious

That Doubledare dildo is pretty! I've been "meh" about buying a glass dildo, but, I might have to buy that one.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 14 2010, 09:07 PM
Post #18

Big Fat Bitch

HAHAHAHAHAHA! It's funny you should mention that, Starship, that is exactly what I thought! My mom collected those glass paperweights & they line the windowsills over the kitchen sink!

--------------------

+Quote Post
starship
post Sep 13 2010, 02:04 PM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

wow they're all so pretty! Look like something my nan would have on her windowsill (paperweights?).
lucky lady:)

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 12 2010, 10:24 PM
Post #20

Big Fat Bitch

I asked the fella about the new things, turns out he bought two diff kits from (Oddly enough as they just started advertising on Bust in place of EdenFantasies) Spicy Gear. He picked up the Gem Kit 1 & the Gem Kit 2 because he couldn't decide what he wanted. They're all produced by Top Cat Toys.

On my own I have an Archer Wand, a Scepter, a Don Wand's Nubby Fat Head, an Icicles' Mind Blow Her, & an SSA Glass Double Dare.

At first I was wary of the cold thing, I've never been wild about ice except in certain ways, but the whole cool thing is a really unique & interesting sensation.

--------------------

+Quote Post

36 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 23, 2014 - 12:17 PM