Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 234 235 236 237 238 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
neverending
post Oct 26 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #4701

Hardcore BUSTie

latinrican:I'm around the same area!;) Try clinical trials.gov or something like that and it should pull up everything in your area.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Oct 26 2006, 04:49 PM
Post #4702

Hardcore BUSTie

Boric acid should be used in 600g. suppositories, once or twice a day, for a maximum of 2 weeks. Then there should be a rest period--and you shouldn't have to use them again. They can minimize discomfort, but the ideal situation with boric acid suppositories is to use them under the supervision of a naturopath.

Again, using the boric acid for this limited time is a good start, but if you're still have the symptoms, find a naturopath who knows what he or she is doing to undertake your case. Conventional medical doctors don't know about alternatives such as the boric acid, botanical medicines, or nutritional supplements, so if you really want to know how to use these to your advantage, it pays to go to someone who is knowledgeable.

Pau D'arco is, in fact, a herbal drug and as such it should be used under the supervision of a trained professional who has studied the effects of that drug on the body and is trained in the use of herbal medicines. Therefore--see someone who is learned in herbal or botanical medicines for supervision while you use this drug, as you would any other drugs.

Herbal medicines of all kinds are never meant to be used indefinitely or without the supervision of an herbalist. MDs are not required to know about these drugs; neither are pharmacists or nurses, neither are clerks in health food stores. They're powerful medicines; they are not like conventional drugs that are supposed to be used by one and all forever. If you just want relief, use them cautiously until you find someone to work with who is trained; if you want to actually get better and stop suffering from this disease once and for all, you must work with a trained professional.

--------------------
May suitable doses of guaranteed sensual pleasure and slow, long-lasting enjoyment preserve us from the contagion of the multitude who mistake frenzy for efficiency.

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Oct 26 2006, 03:51 PM
Post #4703

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if the users of boric acid would share their regimen? I ask because I was on it 3 weeks straight and stopped because my period came and the smell was funny again after about 3 - 4 days of my period. Anyway I am back on the BA 2x starting in the morning and night (I was just doing it in the evenings the first time around).

It kills the smell and discharge but my period seems to have made it come back. I have concluded that the good bacteria is necessary, however now I wonder should be used in combination with the BA. The question now is what is the strongest course to enable the healthy bacteria to gain some strength or rebuild itself? Should we use both the BA (killing the bad bacteria) and something for good bacteria together vaginally?
I also started taking acidophilous by orally as of today.

Any ideas please?

I miss the days when I smelled like nothing (maintenance free) sad.gif

Thanks
PG

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Oct 26 2006, 11:42 AM
Post #4704

BUSTie

QUOTE(latinrican @ Oct 26 2006, 10:29 AM) *

autumnbreeze,

Where do you get the pau d'arco and how many days have you used it already?

latinrican: I bought it at a health food store. You can get tea bags, capsules, or the bark. I got the bark because most of the tea bags and capsules have additives. I did 1 douche, then drank 1 cup for 7 days. As I said before, I didn't have any adverse side effects. Personally, I don't think it can be any more harmful than Boric Acid--which you cannot drink or ingest or get on your skin. I think it acts like a "natural antibiotic" so you would need to follow up with the probiotics. Good luck.

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Oct 26 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #4705

Hardcore BUSTie

There are a variety of probiotic preparations specially made for direct insertion in the vagina.
Your health food store should have at least one or two brands designed to be used for just this purpose. One brand in particular that comes to mind is "New Roots". The bottle comes with an inserter and just the capsules--you use one a day until the bottle runs out.

Of course it helps if you also take probiotic supplements, or eat a number of lacto-fermented foods which feature the probiotics and their enzymes naturally. Most of us don't, our dairy products are dead if not worse...and many of us don't have any access to lacto-fermented foods like kvasses, home made sauerkraut, raw milk butters, creams, and cheeses, or yogurts. So the supplementation is your next best bet.

Try to find probiotics to take orally with more than 12 billion live organisms if you're in an active infection. If not, a daily dose of any standard commercial product you'll find in your health food store will keep you in good shape on an ongoing basis.

The Birth control pill's real damage to the body in terms of cause for this illness isn't just a result of the artificially lowered estrogen level it creates, but the overall imbalance this kind of tampering creates to all organs and glands in the body. Every single gland which produces or reacts to any particular hormone anywhere in the body is affected by this imposed state, and each of those will respond in a desperate attempt to try to "balance things out" by producing other hormones/not producing those hormones/becoming insensitive and unresponsive to any particular hormone so much that other glands have to produce much more again. "Balance" in hormones is extremely difficult to restore once artificial hormones are used in any way in the body; the pill's particularly bad because people use it indefinitely, many women use it for many, many years. Most people don't stay on other hormones that length of time (things like cortisone, corticosteroids, prednisone/prednosilone). That imbalance can be a major reason for susceptibility to BV.

Pau D'arco is a tree bark (a botanical medicine) you can use as a tea or in capsule form. It's an effective anti-fungal. This should really be used under the supervision of an herbalist, and for a short period of time where your reactions can be monitored and its use adjusted.

--------------------
May suitable doses of guaranteed sensual pleasure and slow, long-lasting enjoyment preserve us from the contagion of the multitude who mistake frenzy for efficiency.

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Oct 26 2006, 09:32 AM
Post #4706

BUSTie

QUOTE(pianogirl @ Oct 26 2006, 09:59 AM) *

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone tried a strong Probiotics substance (oral) in combination with the boric acid. I am at work so I was unable to read this whole report but I found some interesting information on the web. I hope this helps some.

Thanks
PG
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlere...i?artid=1140735

That was written TWO FREAKING YEARS AGO and still nothing!?!?! I mean I'm beside myself that someone actually cares and is researching for us, but what the hell? all that proof and they're still throwing anti-biotics at us which are only compounding our problem. Develop a probiotic vaginal insert already and SAVE US.

And Neverending, interesting about the pill/low levels of estrogen thing. Maybe I'll refuse to take it now. I was always of the impression that the opposite occurred

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Oct 26 2006, 08:42 AM
Post #4707

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone tried a strong Probiotics substance (oral) in combination with the boric acid. I am at work so I was unable to read this whole report but I found some interesting information on the web. I hope this helps some.

Thanks
PG

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlere...i?artid=1140735

+Quote Post
latinrican
post Oct 26 2006, 08:12 AM
Post #4708

BUSTie

autumnbreeze,

Where do you get the pau d'arco and how many days have you used it already?

free spirit,

I totally agree with you on everything. I sometimes google to see if any dr's are doing those clinical research study groups for BV around ATL, GA because Im sooooooo willing to jump in and tell them "study me , study me" lol.... or If only a dr is willing to chk out this thread and figure something out for us.

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Oct 26 2006, 07:45 AM
Post #4709

BUSTie

"What the hell is pau d'arco? I'm interested in trying anything."

Eralc Alegna: Pau D'arco is considered an herb. It is the inner bark of a tree found in South America. People there use it for yeast infections, some STD's, cancer, etc. It is supposed to have anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties. I recently learned of it when I was researching BV. On a forum similar to this one, a lady said that she had BV when she was younger. She douched with pau d'arco tea for 2 or 3 nights straight and the BV never came back. I thought "what the hell--I'll give it a try". There is a lot of info on the net so you can do your own research but here are a couple of links. I bought it in bark form and boiled it & strained it for tea. I did not have any side effects but I don't think it is meant to be used long term. Oh, it does make you pee! So I guess it's also good if you need to lose some water weight.

http://www.greatvistachemicals.com/herbal-...pau-d-Arco.html

http://www.allnatural.net/herbpages/pau-d-arco.shtml

"how long have you been battling BV? I first got it when I was ten"

pympmama1: Wow, at 10?! Just curious.. when it started, did you already have your period at that time?

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post Oct 26 2006, 03:18 AM
Post #4710

BUSTie

1. age? 30
2. how long have you been battling BV? I first got it when I was ten and my mom was told no bubble bath or smelly soaps for me... the next bout with it did not come until I was 17 and became sexually active.. it goes away and comes back... when I was 17 my obgyn recommended douching intead of not douching. This time 3 and a half years
3. not sexually active and have not been for 2 yrs .... very fearful that men will be grossed out and think that i am unclean... before that I was in a 2yr relationship...
4. discharge and odor
5. 10 since the BA the smell has gone away thank god small little miracle
6 . 7
7. metrogel, flagyl BA( it works)
8. what do you think originally caused your BV? I think it is something i ate or stopped eating, soap used, being black, and not drinking milk .... I use to be able to drink milk now I can't I am alergic
9. none
10. 2... I think the doc are just as clueless as the rest of us as to what caused it... what pisses me off is that... we can clone sheep and make artifical wombs but we can not find a cause for bv.... When dr told me that many things could have cause it....Well how do i stop doing what ever caused this if you can not definitively tell me what caused it mad.gif
11. regular and 100% cotton

+Quote Post
free_spirit
post Oct 26 2006, 12:53 AM
Post #4711

BUSTie

Unlurking to say:

What a great idea to poll the thread...Now someone can post the running stats...(I think this thread should have a sub thread just to track the stats, keeping it seperate from the other posts, because you all seem so serious in finding the cure and this seems like a great foundation and starting point)

(I would have also asked how many people had abortions or were ever pregnant (as I heard that it is linked to bv (i forgot why though) ) and I would ask what is your background (black, white, etc) to find where it is most prevalent.

I really think that you girls are onto some ground breaking stuff...

Also it seems that most of the women here had it more several years, so maybe all women have it and different things trigger it making it worse in some women and not in others...Maybe some treat at the onsset and some are embarrased and treat once the condition has worsened...(just thinking about all the info gathered so far)

I personally think that BV comes from men who sleep around and have female fluids from other women that they have not washed or cleaned properly in their genital area, and they give other women other womens bacteria, mixing up different peoples bodily fluids which shouldnt be done in any area, let alone such a sensitive area as the vagina...

Someone (who has time) should emerge as a leader for this thread (to monitor the progress, success, and failures of the treatments (seeing which treatments lasted the longest, etc. and why? and what chemical or ingredient was specifically in the treatment) And someone should officially spearhead the quest for the cure (whoever cures this will obviously become rich as so many women will need the treatment of it)...
(this may seem so long winded, just a thought though)

The person should contact a lot of doctors and medical boards, etc. and petition them to research further. They should keep meticulous track of what everyone has going on with their individual bv case, and have doctors come look at all the research, etc. done here, and results you all have posted here to see what needs to be done, and find out why somethings are working more versus others.

This is so jumbled, but I hope someone understands what I am trying to say....And I know that this would be a lot to do, and it could be me who does it, I just wanted to put this out here...
And some of you will be thinking who has the time or wants to devote their life to finding a cure for bacterial vaginosis, but my reasoning behind this whole post is all it takes is one person to make a difference, and we can always dream can't we?! Women should not have to live with an embarassing and disgusting thing such as this. Even though it seems that a lot of people have it, it seems to be a shortage of awareness or lack of concern...So maybe BV needs a voice and or a spokes person.

Rambling so much...Oh well...
Maybe all of my posts from today should be in the eniberated (damn I spelled that all wrong) ramblings thread.

*Gulps last tasty swallow of cocktail*

--------------------
Don't Follow Your Dreams... Chase Them.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 25 2006, 11:56 PM
Post #4712

Hardcore BUSTie

more:

Estrogen may resist infection by increasing the number of lactobacilli, the microorganism that fights infection by lowering the vaginal pH levels and preventing E. coli from adhering to vaginal cells. Estrogen creams and estrogen-releasing rings have been associated with a lower incidence of recurring urinary tract infections than women not using such topical estrogens. A 2003 study indicated however, that the estrogen ring had no effect on lactobacilli and less effective than the standard preventive antibiotic regimen. Oral hormone replacement therapies, which contain estrogen, do not seem to provide the same benefit as the topical forms, and in any case are proving to have health risks, including an increased risk for breast cancer and heart disease. Evidence is lacking about whether vaginal forms of estrogen have not been associated with these risks.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 25 2006, 11:31 PM
Post #4713

Hardcore BUSTie

Eralc Alegna:"I told my boyfriend the other night that we should start a support group: Women With The Rot and the Men Who Love Them. I seriously pity him..." You are too funny! I'll sign up;) LOL!

LADIES:Sorry to keep stressing this but I really feel I have come across something that might help you all because it has helped me a lot.

READ THIS:
the pill thins the lining of the uterus to decrease menstrual bleeding, but can also thin the vaginal epithelium leading to dryness.As sex hormones, estrogens are produced in one tissue, the ovary. They are released into the blood stream, and have their effect on target tissues. Those target tissues have receptors specific for recognition of the estrogen. The estrogens effect on the target tissues is to produce specific tissue growth. Target tissues for estrogens include breast tissue, vaginal tissue, vulvar tissue, endometrial and uterine tissue. Other tissues reported to be target tissues for estrogen include bone, brain, and cardiovascular tissue.

Young women who are not on contraceptive medications have a very high level of estrogen. Women who are on contraceptive medications have a very low level of estrogen(NOTICE HOW IT SAYS LOW), for the intent of contraceptives is to suppress normal ovarian function and prevent ovulation, therefore preventing a possible pregnancy. As each woman normally ages, her level of estrogen declines yearly until menopause, where the ovary is depleted of all ovum, and all estrogen production ceases. "Perimenopause" is the ill-defined time frame before and after menopause. Perimenopause could more appropriately be termed "premenopause", for the estrogen levels for five to ten years before actual menopause (normally age 50) causes a host of signs and symptoms of inadequate estrogen in its target tissues. Perimenopause depression could be inadequate estrogen for its target brain tissue. Osteoporosis is the thinning of trabecular bone associated with genetic predisposition, low calcium intake, inadequate exercise, and low estrogen levels.

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Oct 25 2006, 09:54 PM
Post #4714

BUSTie

QUOTE(autumnbreeze @ Oct 25 2006, 09:30 PM) *

7. Metrogel, Flagyl, RePHresh. Currently trying probiotics + pau d'arco + hydrogen peroxide douche. This is

What the hell is pau d'arco? I'm interested in trying anything.
And yes, my sex life has been destroyed many times over. I actually had to wash sheets for a guy I was seeing once like 2 years ago. Imagine just trying to have a nice friendly lay and stinking up his whole apartment, staining his white sheets, and trying to explain yourself and save face at the same time. HORRIFIC.

I told my boyfriend the other night that we should start a support group: Women With The Rot and the Men Who Love Them. I seriously pity him...

+Quote Post
alwaysonmymind
post Oct 25 2006, 09:43 PM
Post #4715

BUSTie

1. age? 25
2. how long have you been battling BV? Since I was 21, Four years now.
3. married/ LT relationship or sexually active with more than 1 partner or not sexually active or other. Sexually active with 1 partner in the last year. Always have protected sex.
4. main symptoms?. Once, I have unprotected sex exactly 2 days later I will get a fishy smell.
5. rate odor on scale 1-10 1-being no smell at all 10- horrific 8
6. rate discharge 1-10 1- being normal vaginal discharge 10- extreme- . 5
7. what have you tried to get rid of BV? What has your partner tried? Clindamycin, Flaygil, Probiotics
8. what do you think originally caused your BV? (if you think you know) I slept with someone who was not faithful, he slept around. I noticed a smell and douched a couple of times. Finally went to the doctor was prescripted antibiotics and have been dealing with since.
9. what birth control are you using, if any? None, some give me yeast infections!
10. how many drs. have you been to regarding this problem and you experiences? 4-5. All say "some woman just can't get rid of it"
11. thongs or regular panties? Both

Note: I was diagnosed with Cervical Dyplesia caused by the HPV virus a year and a half ago. I do believe that I got this virus by the same partner who I noticed the BV problems with. My body just changed down there after him.

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Oct 25 2006, 09:00 PM
Post #4716

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello Ladies,

I might have spoken to soon. I am on day 5 of my period and out of curiosity I smelled myself and I smelled funny, a mixture of blood and fish. sad.gif I guess I will have to go back on the boric I was off of it for just 5 days (when my period started and now its back. I guess boric acid might have to be used when on a period.

Any thoughts?

Hi Sassy,

It is rather annoying and I do not enjoy sex as I am very paranoid about this problem, it really has damaged my sex life.

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Oct 25 2006, 08:13 PM
Post #4717

BUSTie

1. 30
2. Battling BV for 4 1/2 years
3. Currently 1 partner. When BV first appeared I had just began seeing a new partner but we used condoms. Total of 3 partners in the last 4+ years
4. Light discharge (gray in color) and a strong fishy odor
5. Discharge (1-10): 3
6. Smell (1-10): 8
7. Metrogel, Flagyl, RePHresh. Currently trying probiotics + pau d'arco + hydrogen peroxide douche. This is my first time trying a home remedy..so far, the discharge and smell have decreased significantly but it's too soon to say for sure--as we all know, this sh*# is relentless!
8. I'd say spermicide or just germs from guys' fingers when they play with the kitty or from their mouth when giving oral.
9. Condoms. In the past, I've taken the pill..Ortho Tri-Cyclen and Yasmin. When BV first appeared, I was not on the pill, I was using condoms and VCF (vaginal contraceptive film).
10. 3 doctors.
11. Both. I didn't start wearing thongs until after BV

I truly think there is more to BV than the medical community knows or will admit. If it is just an "imbalance" then it should not be difficult to regain that balance, right? One would think that if you continually take probiotics/lactobacilli orally & vaginally then they should accumulate and eventually "balance" or overpower the bad bacteria. But this obviously doesn't happen. I believe that a key element is that with BV, our bodies ability to produce/regenerate good bacteria is compromised or impaired. sad.gif

+Quote Post
sassy
post Oct 25 2006, 07:05 PM
Post #4718

Hardcore BUSTie

Pianogirl: "smell of the sea"...haha! I've been a vegetarian for 7 years so I too am confused because my diet is healthy.

I also didn't realize how many younger girls were on here. We need to fix this so we can enjoy our sex lives, damnit!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 25 2006, 06:56 PM
Post #4719

Hardcore BUSTie

1. age? - 37
2. how long have you been battling BV? 3 1/2 yrs
3. Same partner for last 4 1/2 yrs
4. Itty bitty fish head smell with discharge
5. 10- horrific - Unless you enjoy the smell of fish
6. 7, sometimes I have no discharge, just smell
7. Every Antibiotic possible, boyfriend was on metro also once. Tried Enzara (Waste of Money) Tea Tree Oil, Tetrasil, Gy-Na-Tren Vaginal Lactobacillus, Oral Lactobacillus, Vaginal Vitamin C and Lastly, Boric.
8. Hysterectomy or, new boyfriend. (Large Penis and ALOT OF SEX)
9. I use Hysterctomy for Birth Control. Seems to work really well!! wink.gif
10. 3 Doctors. All have said the same thing. "Here you go, take this for 7 days, OH, and DON'T DRINK ALCOHOL WHILE TAKING THIS".
11. Regular panties

+Quote Post
D double U
post Oct 25 2006, 05:23 PM
Post #4720

BUSTie

1. 20
2. a year and a half
3. single ,boyfriend 2 partners inthe last 10 months
4. light smell, hella discharge
5. 2
6. 8
7. Metrogel, Enzara, peroxide on a tampon, Tetrasil, Boric Acid
8. having sex with someone who didnt wash good
9. condoms
10. 4
11. regular panties, too much discharge on thongs

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 234 235 236 237 238 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 21, 2014 - 08:36 PM