The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

38 Pages V  « < 35 36 37 38 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> large breast support group (cuz we actually need it!)
laurenann
post Jun 1 2006, 08:34 AM
Post #721

Hardcore BUSTie

i just bought a bathing suit at a lingerie shop. i forget the brand (not too helpful, huh?) but the sizes were by bra size and normal size. so for example mine is a size 36DD 8. it is awesome because it fits my top and my bottom. it cost $125 though, ouch.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
edna
post May 31 2006, 06:41 PM
Post #722

Hardcore BUSTie

gemini, I get a catalog from www.athleta.com. Right now they have a couple of swim suits that come in sizes 32-38DD.

Getting a professional fitting is always good. But sizes vary from brand to brand. I wear size 4 in most dresses and blouses, but I fit into various bras in size 32D, 32DD, 34D, and 34DD.

+Quote Post
gemini21
post May 31 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #723

Thank you guys for the input, it has been a while since I was fitted for a bra, so I will start there. Thanks again....

+Quote Post
raskel
post May 31 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #724

Hardcore BUSTie

They grew....my boobs grew, again. I think every few years since I was 10 they've grown. Is this ever going to stop?? I'm a 32D and well, now my 32D's are really tight. At 5 feet tall I don't feel like I can afford them to get any bigger.

+Quote Post
erinjane
post May 31 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #725

Hardcore BUSTie

Gemini, Amazingly, I found a great bikini top (not sure if that's what you're looking for) at Old Navy, of all places. They seemed to carry a couple of styles that have bigger cups. I would have like an underwire, but it's pretty comfy without. I might just take apart on old bra and sew one in if it gets to be a problem.

But I agrea with tatiana, the place where I shop for my bras (32E) is a fancy lingerie shop and I know they sell good suits. The only reason I didn't get one there is I'd rather pay $16 then $100.

I also agree that I have trouble believing you're a size 34 because I'm decently bigger then a size 4 and I'm a 32. It would be a good idea to at least go to one of those fancy lingerie shops to get properly fitted, the kind of shop where the sales ladies come in with you.

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
tatiana
post May 31 2006, 02:50 PM
Post #726

BUSTie

gemini21, try looking through the yellow pages in your area and finding a bra shop or lingerie boutique. Some of them carry swimsuits even if they don't advertise it. Look for shops that cater to a wide range of sizes they seem to be more likely to carry swimsuits for the, er, above average.

Alternatively, some cities have swimsuit-only shops, I don't know what they are like.

If you are ok with mail-order, you can also try bravissimo.com.

If there is no typo in your post, you might want to get properly fitted at a bra shop. I find it hard to believe that a 34-band size could fit into a 4. It may be that your band size is too big.

+Quote Post
gemini21
post May 31 2006, 01:43 PM
Post #727

I was searching the web for a bathingsuit that might actually fit me, and I ran across this page. Wow, I am glad you guys are here. I have a honeymoon coming up in a few months, and need a few bathingsuits that will give me support. I am a 34DD, size 4...is there anyone out there that can help?

+Quote Post
penelopiad
post May 28 2006, 12:54 PM
Post #728

BUSTie

Thanks tatiana! I'm in Vancouver and so I'll have to go check it out at Diane's Lingerie.

+Quote Post
tatiana
post May 27 2006, 04:33 PM
Post #729

BUSTie

penelopiad, don't bother with the online measuring instructions. According to them I'm a 38D--not in a million years would that fit!

The $140 bra style was 'Dream Tisha' by Le Mystere. Actually, it looks like it can be had for much cheaper on-line (although for me with the exchange rate & customs it would still be pricey).

Amazon has it for $66 USD:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009T5YPI/002-1690655-0412021?v=glance&n=10365 92
(sorry I don't know how to do links on this board).

You can't tell from the picture, but it is a molded cup with a hidden underwire so it offers a lot of support and your nipples won't show (some worry about this, some don't, personal preference I guess).

I think I'm going to buy one from the shop (they didn't have the right colour so I only picked up a sports bra at the time) because they spent a lot of time with me and are really good to their customers, but I'll see if I can get another one a bit cheaper online.

+Quote Post
missladyj
post May 27 2006, 12:35 PM
Post #730

Hardcore BUSTie

I definately recommend getting fitted!

Last time I bought a bra it took me and hour working with a saleswoman to buy two bras that fit me perfectly. You can get good quality bras that fit . My last trip I spent about 110 $ for two bras.

+Quote Post
penelopiad
post May 27 2006, 11:58 AM
Post #731

BUSTie

Which bra is that, tatiana? I don't know if I can afford $140 but I've decided I need a more supportive, better-fitting bra than the ones I currently have.

And I wear a 36C but according to a set of online measuring instructions, I should be a 38A, which seems really weird to me. I think I need to get professionally fitted.

+Quote Post
tatiana
post May 27 2006, 11:42 AM
Post #732

BUSTie

I just went and got fitted for a bra and learned a few things. First of which was that my 36DD bra should have been a 34F or G (like that's available in department stores!).

The other thing that I learned was that my straps were way, way, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too tight (and I didn't think that I had them that tight to begin with). I actually thought that the fitter adjusted them too loose but now I'm getting used to it and it's much more comfortable. Basically if you're straps are making a dent in your shoulder they are too tight. If they are doing anything more than keeping themselves in place on your shoulder, they are too tight.

It helps to think of all bras as strapless bras (all of the support should be without the straps and the straps are there for reassurance and comfort). So if your straps are doing ANY of the work, then the bra is not supportive enough.

Unfortunately the bra I found best for me (Oprah's favourite T-shirt bra) is $140 Cdn. Errrk!

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post May 26 2006, 02:58 PM
Post #733

sassygrrl

Great! Thanks. :-)

+Quote Post
sixelacat
post May 26 2006, 02:21 PM
Post #734

Creating demon-radical feminist hybrids since 1974

sassy, I just got a few work tops and jackets from Torrid.com. I'm also a 40D.

--------------------
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?!

+Quote Post
tatiana
post May 26 2006, 08:33 AM
Post #735

BUSTie

sassy, bravissimo.com has tops and jackets, some of which are work appropriate.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post May 26 2006, 01:57 AM
Post #736

sassygrrl

I'm now a 40D. I'm having the hardest time finding tops that fit for work. I'm glad to hear the thing about 15 pound thing. That makes me feel a little better. I mean now I have to find a XXL just to get my tits into it. Ugh!

+Quote Post
tatiana
post May 25 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #737

BUSTie

laurenann, make sure that the band of your bra stays put straight around your back all day (doesn't ride up). If it rides up it is too big and you should try a 34DDD (or 34E if there is no DDD). When you first buy a bra the band should fit snug on the loosest setting so you can tighten as it stretches over time.

Failing that, make sure that the straps aren't too tight. The support is 80-90% or so from the band, not the straps (apologies if you already knew this).

You might try a chiropractor too. I have to go at least once every three weeks or so, no matter what exercises I do (and exercises won't put everything back into alignmnet if it is out no matter how diligently you do them). I have had a huge improvement in my upper back pain since starting chiropractic adjustments and massage therapy (I am the same size as you except I need to go down a band size so I am following my own advice and going bra shopping tomorrow).

+Quote Post
laurenann
post May 22 2006, 06:33 PM
Post #738

Hardcore BUSTie

i read this thread once in a while but now i have a question...

my neck and shoulders always ALWAYS are sore. like, always. i blame it on a combination of psychosomatic anxiety and 36DD breasts. i do yoga and wear supportive bras but my back still aches. does anyone know of any specific exercises to help make those muscles stronger to hold the girls up?

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post May 18 2006, 06:10 PM
Post #739

Hardcore BUSTie

I found a 34D bra that fits perfectly, was cheap, and is actually PRETTY!

I am in heaven.

+Quote Post
tyger
post May 18 2006, 05:21 PM
Post #740

Hardcore BUSTie

bittersweet, i can't imagine how much trouble you have finding clothes. i'm a generous 38 C with broad shoulders and I have problems finding shirts that fit my boobs and don't droop and hang everywhere else.

speaking of boobs, mine are sore. i forgot to use my arms to clamp them down while running up the stairs today, so they bounced around and are now sore. i thought that bras were supposed to restrain them enough to stop me from bruising my chin!

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  « < 35 36 37 38 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 18, 2014 - 04:36 PM