--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Feb 11 2010, 10:33 AM
Post #22

Hardcore BUSTie

Having a UTI and my period at the same time. AND.... a yeast infection. On my neck! wtf.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Feb 11 2010, 12:19 AM
Post #23

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

cob: the Bust search won't allow three letter words, and so I can NEVER find the Sin Bin.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
coffeebean
post Feb 10 2010, 05:28 PM
Post #24

Hardcore BUSTie

agreed star...passive aggressive behaviour is a major beef for me as well.

cob: over the past two years I have made a concerted effort to view life through a more positive lens. Since then, another one of my cobs is when people seem to always be *looking* for something to be wrong. Almost as if they believe that it is not okay to be drama-free. Half of the time I think that they go around looking for/making their own drama just so they can gripe about it later! Gah!

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Feb 10 2010, 12:34 PM
Post #25

cob: mandatory Olympic fever, or fervour? Mandated by my employer/Olympic sponsor. Bah. All I can think about is all the government cutbacks to programs for the poor, the homeless, the mentally ill, women, seniors, children, etc., not to mention all the school closures and hospital bed closures making this event possible.

Rah.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Feb 8 2010, 07:37 PM
Post #26

Oh my fucking Maude.

There's a fetus feet rubber stamp. Like the pin. Only a rubber stamp. Of little tiny feet.

I discovered it today while processing the LOTTERY SUBSCRIPTION it arrived on.

So, let me get this straight.

Gambling regularly, good.

Right to choose, bad.

Okie-dokie then.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Feb 6 2010, 10:25 AM
Post #27

brown delicious

Cob: Passive aggressive behavior

--------------------

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Feb 5 2010, 05:57 PM
Post #28

Hardcore BUSTie

When you come to a listserve and ask for help, then I send you some shit that would be helpful . The polite thing to do would be to email me back and FUCKING SAY THANK YOU!!!

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Feb 5 2010, 04:18 PM
Post #29

brown delicious

doodlebug, that's great to read that you are working on building a supportive community for female musicians. I've noticed that whenever the potential for the male to not be recognized leads to some immature behavior/acting out to be recognized. I remember I went to this presentation about relationships between mothers and daughters. Some dude stood up and asked "What about the relationship between sons and mothers? Did you study that?" Uh, dude, the presentation is about mothers and daughters. rolleyes.gif I guess their egos have a tough time putting themselves aside to let women have their own thing, no matter what the field is.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 5 2010, 01:01 PM
Post #30

Big Fat Bitch

My mantra as of late has been fuck 'em. Fuck 'em right in the ear! Tear the roof off the sucka & jam to your heart's content. And fuck 'em in the ear.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Feb 5 2010, 08:39 AM
Post #31

Hardcore BUSTie

JJ would ROCK and so will you!

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Feb 5 2010, 03:10 AM
Post #32

Oh for fuck's sake.

So I posted this event on Crackbook. I'm hosting a Girljam. Why? Because I live in a community where almost ZERO bands have women in them. I can count on one hand the number. When these bands do have women members, these women do not get the oppportunity to play instruments. Rather, they are relegated to the "feminine" role of singing. There are many female musicians in this town, but they do not get the opportunity to play. I am hoping to provide them with that opportunity, and to hook up with other women interested in putting an all-female act together. My own experience with audiences has shown me there is a huge untapped market for an all-female act covering women artists in my community, and yes, I am interested in making money and building a career doing what I love.

So no, I didn't write all that in the event listing. Why should I explain myself?

But immediately after I posted I was having a women-only jam, this idiot from Wales posts, "I see sexism is alive and well in BC." Then I posted, "I see privilege is alive and still invisible to those who have it." But then I deleted both posts. ("Don't argue on teh internets.") And I was trying to send him PM to explain myself, but it wouldn't go - I figure the universe set that up somehow. Just don't fucking apologize or explain or anything else, right? It was a kneejerk comment from someone who is annoyed at being excluded because of gender. I can't imagine what that feels like, can you?

JEEBUS FUCKING CHRIST, now I have to protect my career as a MUSICIAN from backlash too? A mere forty-five minutes out of the gate, no less?

What Would Joan Jett Do?

--------------------

+Quote Post
AbleDanger
post Feb 2 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #33

BUSTie

QUOTE(jsmith @ Jan 26 2010, 08:23 PM) *
I have slowly but surely come to detest the word "coed" as applied to female college students. Why? I'm not sure. I can't really put my finger on it. I keep thinking "pilot vs copilot" or "producer vs coproducer." One is considered secondary to the other, so any time I hear a female college student referred to as a "coed" my blood starts boiling.

For me, it boils my blood because co-ed describes something as being both genders - ie. coed schools, dorms, etc. and as it's not applied to men, and only women, then the presumption is that the addition of women is secondary. It is assumed that men are already there, and when things are turned 'coed', women are included. The term seems very antiquated and like it's stating that girls are "other" and optional.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Feb 2 2010, 10:53 AM
Post #34

When did people stop standing up to give their seats to seniors and disabled people and pregnant women on the public bus? When did this happen? I can't remember the last time I saw someone under 30 give up their seat for someone who really needed it. When exactly did parents stop teaching their children this little bit of ettiquette and respect for people who probably have a much harder time standing and hanging onto the rail on a giant, moving vehicle than these big, strapping, healthy kids?

Sorry to anyone who thinks they have the right to sit when they are perfectly healthy, but this lack of concern for others is rude, and disrespectful, and also really self-centred and bratty.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Jan 26 2010, 08:23 PM
Post #35

It's Calamity Jenn

I have slowly but surely come to detest the word "coed" as applied to female college students. Why? I'm not sure. I can't really put my finger on it. I keep thinking "pilot vs copilot" or "producer vs coproducer." One is considered secondary to the other, so any time I hear a female college student referred to as a "coed" my blood starts boiling.

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jan 21 2010, 08:53 PM
Post #36

brown delicious

OMG, polly. I was going to post the same cob today about the People magazine. It is sad that we still pity women who choose to be single AND child-free. I really get frustrated with how the media treats Jennifer Aniston. mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jan 21 2010, 03:14 PM
Post #37

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

I know, doodle- a magazine came into the office today for the waiting room (I think it was People) and Jennifer Aniston was on the cover and the headline was "5 Years After Brad" and I almost tossed it against the wall. I freely admit that I am guilty of following some celebrity gossip, but c'mon- why is this woman's life based around a guy who she broke up with (he broke up with her, Angelina broke them up...WHATEVER!) 5 years ago? Why does it matter and what business is it of ours? Why are people obsessed with this? Because she hasn't gotten married and adopted 12 kids like he has, which means she must be a shriveled, bitter, miserable spinster?

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jan 21 2010, 01:36 PM
Post #38

Oh, one more cob today. Tiger Woods. No. Not the man. The gossip. The jokes. Honestly, who cares? People cheat on their partners sometimes. What business is it of ours? I'm sick of it. I don't care a whit about Tiger Woods or his sex life or even his family life.

I suppose it's really the cult of celebrity that kills me. Or is it the cult of gossip? I hate that people gossip about celebrities like they are our friends and acquaintances. But I also hate that people gossip about other people's private lives, period. It's nothing but hurtful and spiteful. If my co-worker is having a series of affairs, or is alleged to be having a series of affairs, I don't want to hear about it. If Tiger Woods can't keep his pecker in his pants, I really don't want to hear about it either.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Babsalicious
post Jan 21 2010, 01:19 PM
Post #39

BUSTie

The word Delish bugs me. Also Sammie (sandwich) and Hossie (hospital)

People on Facebook who do the copy, paste, repost thing. Ugh.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jan 21 2010, 11:44 AM
Post #40

If only Lady Catherine would come to my door. She's never spoken 2 words to me. She goes to the landlord over everything, and when that doesn't work, she resorts to banging on the ceiling or retaliatory noise. And it's not just me, she hates everybody. She complains about the caretaker's television. Daily. She can hear a pin drop in any apartment and complains about it. One time my neighbour rented a tent for his daughter's first birthday - she wouldn't let them put it up on the lawn anywhere she could see it. She is also quite racist toward him. She is disrespectful to everyone. Everyone. Caretaker, manager, neighbours....everyone.

Anyway, my landlord has told me to keep doing exactly what I'm doing and ignore her. Which is all well and good, but when she cranks her music on her huge stereo system, I can't hear any of my own on my crappy little one. And I can't write music with all that shit going on. We'll see if the letter from the management company works. Last night was actually pretty good. I hung some pictures (hammers and nails, oh my!) and she actually didn't retaliate.

The thing is, I've lived in my apartment for over 14 years. She's lived there about a year and a half. She was lucky when she first moved in, because I was working 2 jobs and trying to put a band together AND I started dating Soulman, so I was never home. Now my life is returning to normal and she's upset about it.

She drives a ginormous boat of an old car, wears a fake leopard coat and huge glasses, and even though she is 74, she insists on dying her hair a flat yellow blonde and scraping it back into a big black bow.

--------------------

+Quote Post

106 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 21, 2014 - 09:31 PM