The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 71 72 73 74 75 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
nickclick
post Jan 3 2007, 09:02 AM
Post #1441

Hardcore BUSTie

asshats for sure. and a pair of scissors will make it stop.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post Jan 3 2007, 08:00 AM
Post #1442

Hardcore BUSTie

Yes. It is a code. It means "I am an asshat who doesn't own a mirror."

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Jan 3 2007, 05:11 AM
Post #1443

Hardcore BUSTie

Okay, no one ever speaks about this or mentions it on this thread but I MUST say something because I'm seeing more and more of this particular male fashion "trend" and I feel I must try to stop it.

Men are braiding their beards. Specifically, some men are just growing beards on their chins alone, and then allowing the hair to reach Samsonian lengths. And then they are braiding the beard.

And then they appear publically, wearing the braided, usually thick and greying, beard. Is this meant to signify something, like a code? How can we make it stop?

--------------------
May suitable doses of guaranteed sensual pleasure and slow, long-lasting enjoyment preserve us from the contagion of the multitude who mistake frenzy for efficiency.

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Jan 3 2007, 04:05 AM
Post #1444

belligerently lazy

Hehe, I hardly ever come in this thread, unless I saw something really bad.

It was a late 30's-early 40's woman, with a short, awful haircut that reminded me of someone from New Kids On the Block-really short and sleek around the sides and neckline, longer and styled on top. She was wearing one of those awful, frumpy poly/cotton blend turtlenecks, white with some flowery print on it, with a thick, wool plaid jacket over it-a big, bold, gray/black and white plaid-it was an eyesore against the flowery turtleneck. And, of course, a classic pair of Mom Jeans, too short, socks exposed, with sensible white gym shoes. Oh, shudder..

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.
-Matt Groening, Life in Hell

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Jan 1 2007, 10:52 AM
Post #1445

Hardcore BUSTie

new years party last night

thin woman wearing a halter top with an open back that put her back fat on display for all to see. If you have rolls of back fat may I suggest that you NOT wear a backless shirt so that I am not distracted by the trainwreck that is your back fat. Please and thankyou

+Quote Post
kelkello
post Dec 29 2006, 10:19 PM
Post #1446

The rest is gravy...

I went to a game night thing with a friend of mine. I'd never met the girl giving it before. Seeing her was like looking at my friends in 1988. High waisted tapered "Mom" jeans, tucked in plaid shirt, collar up. Bobbed hair, big Sally Jessy glasses. Egad.

--------------------
The greatest instance of serendipity since penicillin.

+Quote Post
ananke
post Dec 28 2006, 06:03 PM
Post #1447

Hardcore BUSTie

I saw the most terrible mullet yesterday. About an inch long all over (and teased within an inch of its life) but for a patch at the back which was about six inches long and in a ponytail. *shudder*

I felt really sorry for her kids though - letting your preteen daughter wear skimpy shirt-dresses then NOT teaching her that having one leg on the table and the other on the floor is a bad look, is not the best.

+Quote Post
herculesgirl
post Dec 27 2006, 11:19 PM
Post #1448

Hardcore BUSTie

Flipflops...miniskirt...and legwarmers...?

Okay, now I don't feel so bad about wearing a denim mini with generic Uggs...I actually came in here to report myself, you know, but REALLY, now!

+Quote Post
mouse
post Dec 27 2006, 06:18 PM
Post #1449

Most Likely Procrastinating

aw! i went to school with leslie and half the lys. gemsweater is such a brilliant idea.

cof: at the airport! woman, late twenties or early thirties, quite attractive, blonde wavy hair, hot boyfriend........in a ONE PIECE LONG SLEEVED HOODED PINK VELOUR ROMPER with gray striped rib on the cuffs and at the (terribly defined and high) waist. as if this alone was not bad enough, she was clearly not wearing a bra and she clearly could not get away with this act. having your bare nipples brush against the seam of the waist ribbing on your hideous one piece long sleeved hooded pink velour romper is not only, i would imagine, painful, it is also incredibly unflattering.

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
phonechick
post Dec 27 2006, 02:14 PM
Post #1450

BUSTie

I have also spotted the mini-skirt, leg warmers worn with flip flops outfit. Is this new? And if so why?

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Dec 26 2006, 04:39 PM
Post #1451

Hardcore BUSTie

I saw a high school girl with flip flops too. With legwarmers, a ruffly jeans miniskirt, and some sort of heavy winter top.

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Dec 26 2006, 03:57 PM
Post #1452

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

Someone told me that long underwear (possibly leggings) and shorts were a very effective way to keep warm and dry while hiking, the jester hats not required.

Could someone please tell me why anyone would be wearing flip-flops in Minnesota at this time of the year? I saw a college-aged girl (with teased-to-death hair and inch-thick makeup) wearing them outside today.

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Dec 17 2006, 01:51 PM
Post #1453

Big Fat Bitch

Oh, Possum! That sounds like regular attire in a mt. town. When we go to the hot springs we sit in the local brewery just to watch the guys bundled up in their shorts & tights. Usually topped off with a jaunty jesters hat.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Dec 17 2006, 01:39 PM
Post #1454

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Shorter, rounder woman in Harley-Davidson black leather jacket, Harley-Davidson tee-shirt, black running shorts, white socks and sneakers.
Why is there always someone wearing shorts in Chicago in December?

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
possum
post Dec 16 2006, 11:51 AM
Post #1455

BUSTie

Seen at a bookstore last night:

Man, 50-ish. Long, gray. stringy ponytail. Khaki, fisherman's style hat.

Flannel orange/blue/brown striped shirt, two sizes two big. Baggy navy blue hiking shorts, also way too big.

BLACK LEGGINGS. White athletic socks. Hiking boots.

Aiyee. I couldn't take my eyes off it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cecilia
post Dec 16 2006, 02:09 AM
Post #1456

BUSTie

Woman on the subway: Black leather (probably pleather) tight pants, green socks over white socks, pulled straight up, white sneakers with velcro straps, a short sleaved orange blazer with gold buttons over a long sleaved, textured pleatherish shirt. At first I thought that maybe it was a really disturbing attempt to be festive, but the orange doesn't fit that theory.

+Quote Post
curioushair
post Dec 15 2006, 07:40 PM
Post #1457

Hardcore BUSTie

Twice yesterday I saw someone wearing two different shoes. Please don't tell me that's a new fad: Punky Brewster-chic.

--------------------
Standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me.

+Quote Post
kelkello
post Dec 14 2006, 07:57 PM
Post #1458

The rest is gravy...

I'm a fashion crime right now as I am covered in fleece clothing, but I live in, what I believe to be, the coldest house on the planet. It's warmer outside right now than it is in this glacial little palace I call home.

--------------------
The greatest instance of serendipity since penicillin.

+Quote Post
herculesgirl
post Dec 14 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #1459

Hardcore BUSTie

I was a fashion crime today in my pea-green terry track suit and white tee shirt. But I was comfy, and I only left the house to run to the corner store.

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Dec 13 2006, 06:48 PM
Post #1460

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

It does indeed cover my arse (baring the ass of leggings is as wrong as wrong can be, it's the most sinful thing ever). If it's a tunic dress then, reasonably, it should be of suitable dress length and arses shouldn't factor into the equation otherwise it's a tunic top and should be worn with trousers. what were these poor, tasteless girls thinking?

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 71 72 73 74 75 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 23, 2014 - 03:19 PM