Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 259 260 261 262 263 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
neverending
post Jun 5 2006, 10:46 AM
Post #5201

Hardcore BUSTie

Shorty: Where did you get them from?(walmart,health food store,walgreens)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shorty
post Jun 4 2006, 02:44 AM
Post #5202

oh yeah i also have sex like 4/5 times a weekand still no reoccureece or odour

+Quote Post
shorty
post Jun 4 2006, 02:38 AM
Post #5203

hi neverending and precious, i used Holland and barrett chewable lactobacilus acidophilus and lactobacilus bfidus combined, i also took hiigh strenghth acidophillus with 100mg pectin combined. I didnt use any of them as suppositories as i heard its best to treat the gut to manintain a constant amount of healthy bacteria it really worked for me, i found that the vaginal treatments i used were always either tempporary or induced thrush. I would also say to try to inhibit or stop all sugar intake because i notice that when i have sugar cravings im more suceptible to yeast which in turn progresses to bv. but those acidophilus pills really do what they say, The key in my opinion is to treat from the inside not just the vaginal area. and dont wear any panties at night make sure everything gets aired out that also reduces the terrible itching and help dry u up a bit.

+Quote Post
billygoat
post Jun 3 2006, 12:18 PM
Post #5204

Ladies,

I've never been a big poster, but I thought I'd share somethings that have made my life SO much better.

I was diagnosed with several foods allergies. Now that I stay away from those foods, I haven't had a yeast infection or BV in...I don't know how long!!! The foods I'm allergic to: gluten (a protein in wheat, barley, rye), dairy (milk or anything with milk does a number on me), and sulfites (I do miss my wine, but this cuts a lot of processed crap out of my system!). It was hard at first to get used to the diet, but now I feel so much healthier than I have in forever.

You might try an elimination diet of wheat first and see how you feel. Yes, it's difficult to stick to, but one BV flare up and I'm reminded why I do it!

Good luck!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jun 3 2006, 12:42 AM
Post #5205

Hardcore BUSTie

Awesome dolores!! Sounds like alot of work, but obviously it worked for you! I think I'd throw up if I had to take all that!! lol, but hey, it might be worth a shot. I'm headed to Vegas tomorrow, so when I get back, I'm attacking this B.V. like no tomorrow. I'm so fed up it's ridiculous. Anyways, I'll talk to you all when I get back!! Have a great weekend!!

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jun 2 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #5206

awesome delores! your treatment sounds so good, i'll pass it along to my girl friend who suffered for so long in case it comes back.
girls, i think it's called bacterial vaginosis when it appears in the vagina, not meaning that it is exclusive to that region. my friend and her partner do not use condoms, have a tremendous amount of sex, and have not had a recurrance in several months to the antibiotics worked for the two of them. she had tried every other solution she could find before that.
i only ever get a mild case of bv now and then and only just in the last year or so (same with yeast infections, only occasionally, only mild, only in the last year). i am convinced that my last partner played a part in that as i haven't suffered with either since i split with him. but i haven't had any other sex either so i guess i'll have to test my theory at a later date.
whatever the case, i'm really enjoying reading your stories and especially hearing about the natural treatments that are tried out. i think you are all amazing for taking things into your own hands to figure out.

+Quote Post
dolores
post Jun 2 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #5207

BUSTie

Hi ladies!!!

It's been ages since I last posted... and though there have been some ups and downs it would *appear* that (knock on wood) I am now BV free and have been for the past two months. Some regulars may recall that I had Planned Parenthood do a swab test during the most intense period of my herbal self-treatment to check and see how I was doing, and discovered that there was still some bad bacteria present, despite the lack of odor and discharge. Well, things have changed quite a bit since then. My wonderful natural smell has returned to exactly the way it used to be several years ago, pre-BV. I started getting some exterior itching again so I went in for a pelvic exam and much to my surprise, the doctor, after looking under the microscope at my swab, told me that I had more lactobacilli in my vagina than most women she's ever seen, almost too much! Well, after having gone without enough lactobacilli for the past two years, my reaction was, the more the friggin' merrier! They can have a party up there forever, for all I care! In fact she was kind of mad because before looking at the swab we were discussing my self-treatment, and I told her about all the acidophilous I took and how I felt that helped, and she said, No No, it does nothing. Well I guess I kind of proved her wrong. :-)! She said that the slight itching I was having was probably due to this "overabundance" of lactobacilli. whatever, I could care less as long as it's not BV!!!

Anyhoo, I thought I'd repost my self-treatment regimen for the benefit of the new folks in hopes that it might work for someone else out there. I know how frustrating it is, just keep trying, don't give up hope, STAY POSITIVE, and eventually with some luck you will find what works for you.

On a side note, I have greatly reduced the amount of sex I've been having, which has probably played a role in my recovery. Though I am by no means celibate, and did receive some sweet DATY (oral, for those new to my crazy acronyms) and finger play from the new boy 2 weeks ago with NO problems afterwards.

Without further ado...
DELORES' SELF-TREATMENT REGIMEN

vaginally:
2 boric acid suppositories (1 in the morning, 1 in the evening) for 14 days, then 1 per day as needed and always after sex til symptoms improve
*note: I started with the Yeast Arrest brand by Vitanica, but switched to making my own to save $

daily supplements:
4-6 odorless garlic caplets
2 Primal Defense
2-4 Alfalfa tablets
4-6 Chlorella tablets
1 multivitamin
1 calcium tablet
1 flaxseed oil caplet (for the omega-3s)
12-16 drops cinammon oil & ginger oil, added to juice, water or tea

weekly *extras* (meaning, when I remembered to take them):
4-6 tablespoons pure aloe vera juice
1-2 cranberry tablets (later I switched to 100% pure unsweetened, undiluted cranberry juice which seems to work better)
rest, positive affirmations, patience

well, that covers it. I also tried to cut down on sugar, caffiene and refined flour products and eat lots of fruits and veggies. I know it all sounds like a lot to take on, but once you get in the habit it's not so bad. Nowadays I only take the Primal Defense a couple times a week, along with some cranberry juice, a garlic pill or two when I remember, and a multivitamin.

Good luck and good health to all.

+Quote Post
honey
post Jun 2 2006, 08:20 PM
Post #5208

BUSTie

Is acidophillus a cure?

+Quote Post
precious83
post Jun 2 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #5209

BUSTie

shorty: Which brand of acidophilus did u use?

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jun 2 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #5210

Hardcore BUSTie

Sassy, I AGREE WITH YOU!! She is BV free due to the condoms and no oral sex. Not because he's on the meds. My boyfriend went on the meds also just to satisfy me, and it did nothing for me. So, the boyfriend being treated did nothing for me. And the antibiotics suck ass, but, it's the only thing that takes it away for me. Now, I need to find something to KEEP THE SHIT AWAY!! Dammit!!!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 2 2006, 04:58 PM
Post #5211

Hardcore BUSTie

shorty:Did you use the regular acidophilus as a suppository or did you buy from that website?

+Quote Post
shorty
post Jun 2 2006, 02:25 PM
Post #5212

thanx 4 your info quiet madness, regarding axidophillos supositories, u just use regular maximum strength pills but MAKE SURE THEY DO NOT CONTAIN SUGAR otherwise its bv and thrush who'll be turning u into a paranoid wreck! i personally took highest strength acidophillos orally and it really improved things this is the first time i have had a coil andno odour or constant damp uncomfortable watery.... u know the rest. It really did work for me and believe me i went through vit c tea tree which worked for about 2 months, metronizadole, no effect, clindomyacin, my cootchie was like a phamacy but acidophilus sugar free variety did wonders, i haave been bv free for about 7 months now, i occasionally pop an acidophilus (it has great health benefits any way, but have not had return of bv since i stopped taking 2 pills aday 4 months ago.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jun 2 2006, 12:33 PM
Post #5213

Hardcore BUSTie

I just don't believe it. If it were true that men could carry it, then why have gynocologists seen so many cases where women have it before even being sexually active? (Like in my case, for example...) Since you have not had it since you stopped having oral sex and you now use condoms, then it is probably the saliva and semen that throw you off balance and give you BV...not that your boyfriend, who does not have a vagina, is carrying a vaginal infection.

+Quote Post
mela
post Jun 2 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #5214

BUSTie

Pepper: "anyone have any input on that?"

Pepper YES! :-) this is exactly what happened to me. I kept going back to the doctor and she kept treating me and just me with antibiotics over and over again. Like 4 times however the last time about a month ago, she prescribed some medication for me and my BF and so far I have been fine. We have been using condoms and have not been having oral sex however I have since concluded that this has been the longest that I have not had a smell and that it is not just me it was caused by some bacteria we were giving back and fourth. After we have sex with a condom and even during sex I frequemtly ask him if there is any smell which there isn't. I feel so relieved that after a year things seem to be going back to normal. I am on my period right now so I will see what happens when I get off of my period and I resume oral sex. I was giving myself a month to see if the issue was just me or the both of us.
If I start to have a smell again perhaps it could mean that he is still infected.

Thanks

+Quote Post
tabby
post Jun 2 2006, 09:54 AM
Post #5215

BUSTie

Hmm. Not showing up. One more time!

*Newbie* Thank you for Pepper for leading me over here!

Here is my question....I'm in hell.

I was prescribed zithromax since I'm allergic to metrogel and cleocin. I do not find information about zithromax being used for bv. Now I'm concerned because this has been hellish and I want it gone

Anyone else use zithro successfully for bv?
Thank you in advance -

Also - After sifting through the archives, I decided to try a tea tree sitz bath. I used only a few drops, and it made me BURN. As I type this my vag is on fire! :-( Is that normal?

Sorry to flood you with questions!

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jun 2 2006, 09:22 AM
Post #5216

Hardcore BUSTie

neverending...you can order vaginal acidophilus here: http://www.rockwellnutrition.net/product.asp?itemid=235&catid=101

pepper: Many doctors have found that not to be the case at all. Guys do not have a vagina and therefore cannot harbor BV bacteria. Guys can increase the chance that their partner will get BV if they ejaculate in her without a condom or aren't clean...but it only causes BV, it doesn't mean they carry the actual specific BV bacteria. And in my opinion, although antibiotics work for some, it is damaging to your body to use them.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 2 2006, 08:48 AM
Post #5217

Hardcore BUSTie

Ladies:How do you find acidophilus suppositories?Is it just plain acidophilus pills that you buy at any store or is it something that women buy online?I need to know where to get them because this yeast is driving me crazy!

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Jun 1 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #5218

Hardcore BUSTie

Bincha--hope you get to feeling better!

Well, Y'all--the stick seems to be doing it's thing.

The smell seems to be slowly but surely going away, and changing to a "sea water" type smell. I'm not talking about your favorite "ocean" scented candle here...I'm talking about that smell of ocean water you get when you're almost at the beach type thing.

Anyway--it's a DEFINITE improvement over what WAS going on down there--and we'll just have to see how long it lasts!

*goes off to slink into madness..."

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jun 1 2006, 08:07 PM
Post #5219

hey chicas, my girl friend just got over a really nasty case of bv that seemed to just keep coming back. what finally worked for her was a doc that put her AND her partner on these super killer antibiotics that did the trick. apparently your boy will reinfect you over and over again no matter what you treat yourself with. anyone have any input on that?

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 1 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #5220

Hardcore BUSTie

I had these guys come and do the lawn today and they f-up my entire lawn.On top of that I just started school and I was unprepared for a test and I was really upset and stressed out.I felt an itch and then my stomach got really upset.I went to bathroom to check things out and I have another yeast infection.If it's not one thing it's another.Somebody put me out of my misery please!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 259 260 261 262 263 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 25, 2014 - 08:52 PM