Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 132 133 134 135 136 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
sassy
post Oct 29 2007, 01:48 AM
Post #2661

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm sorry jewels...I know how embarrassing that is, even though it's not your fault at all. I have pretty much given up all hope of ever having a normal sex life. I still use boric acid to keep the smell away long enough to have sex, but of course that is only temporary.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 29 2007, 01:04 AM
Post #2662

Hardcore BUSTie

Ummmmm...yeah, he smelt it, along with the whole state in which I live.

I blamed it on my ex, and also said it had to do with my hysterectomy.

He just looked confused.

And, I didn't want to elaborate more then that. My life sucks. sad.gif

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 28 2007, 05:24 PM
Post #2663

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Oct 27 2007, 05:32 PM) *
Well everyone, still have not received the Flagyl.

Had sex the other day, and it wasn't the normal fish smell. INSTEAD, it was as if, a fish crawled up my cooch, laid there for 6 weeks, DIED, then ROTTED.

Worst part is, now the smell is completely gone. I can't understand why that happens to me. It's like having sex, get's it all out, and now it's gone.

I've been inserting Tinidazole Fasign 500mg, which is another antibiotic for B.V. 1 a day for 4 days. And that's it. The prescription calls for taking all for pills at one time orally and that's it. Instead I did 1 a day vaginally for 4 days. The pills don't really disolve, however, 2 were still in there when I had sex, and I think that made them disolve. The other 2, eventually fell out.

But, my smell is gone. I religiously take 2 Vitamin B6 at night, 2 Folic Acid 800mcg's at night and 2 Primadophilus Bifidus that contains 5 Billion CFC. It has a combo of Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli. I have no clue if that is working, but I'm finally religious about taking them every single night without fail.

Have no idea how long the smell will be gone, but, atleast it's gone for now.

That's my update.

Oh gosh, that sucks! Did he smell it ?

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 27 2007, 10:15 AM
Post #2664

Hardcore BUSTie

Well everyone, still have not received the Flagyl.

Had sex the other day, and it wasn't the normal fish smell. INSTEAD, it was as if, a fish crawled up my cooch, laid there for 6 weeks, DIED, then ROTTED.

Worst part is, now the smell is completely gone. I can't understand why that happens to me. It's like having sex, get's it all out, and now it's gone.

I've been inserting Tinidazole Fasign 500mg, which is another antibiotic for B.V. 1 a day for 4 days. And that's it. The prescription calls for taking all for pills at one time orally and that's it. Instead I did 1 a day vaginally for 4 days. The pills don't really disolve, however, 2 were still in there when I had sex, and I think that made them disolve. The other 2, eventually fell out.

But, my smell is gone. I religiously take 2 Vitamin B6 at night, 2 Folic Acid 800mcg's at night and 2 Primadophilus Bifidus that contains 5 Billion CFC. It has a combo of Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli. I have no clue if that is working, but I'm finally religious about taking them every single night without fail.

Have no idea how long the smell will be gone, but, atleast it's gone for now.

That's my update.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 27 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #2665

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(prvtpuss @ Oct 26 2007, 08:16 PM) *
loved its convenience, hated the hormonal effects... turns out i can't do hormonal bc... it made me fat and crazy and my libido disappeared (hmmm rather effective for preventing conception, since it prevented me from having sex in general)

if you can do hormones tho, i guess it's a good one

WHAT DO YOU MEAN FAT?

+Quote Post
prvtpuss
post Oct 26 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #2666

BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Oct 22 2007, 07:32 PM) *
Got a prescription for nuvaring but i'm afraid to try birth control again. Any suggestions? Has anyone tried nuvaring? and does it really help vag. dryness?

loved its convenience, hated the hormonal effects... turns out i can't do hormonal bc... it made me fat and crazy and my libido disappeared (hmmm rather effective for preventing conception, since it prevented me from having sex in general)

if you can do hormones tho, i guess it's a good one

+Quote Post
sunnshyne411
post Oct 25 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #2667

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Oct 23 2007, 06:05 PM) *
DON'T BUY IT! a few people on here have tried it and it does not work. i think someone tried femanol and said that is working...

With all the different meds suggested, can anyone tell me where to start?
There is femanol, fem dophilus, folic acid, vitamin B-6, oregano oil extract, primadophilus...whew!!!!!

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Oct 24 2007, 05:19 PM
Post #2668

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(virgin4life @ Oct 23 2007, 11:29 PM) *
humm. Cancan u made a good point bout them cancelling each other out. i never even thought about that. i'm taking the stuff i ordered from the website--reuteri something something. but now that i think about it, i think it has the l.acidphil. in it.

&& i still have smell. everything else is gone but that pesky smell. not as bad but still lingering. maybe i'll order some flagyl. and insert the 2 vaginally like suggested.

&& the folic acid just doesnt seem to help!! why not? everyone sugg it does.

no, i havent tried the rephresh, is this the stuff that users said not to take cause it makes it worse?? otherwise i'll go get some tomorrow.

thankyou everyone for the advice and help!! sorry if i seem bitchy, just annoyed:(

I'll report back if any change.

It's so hard not to get frustrated. But if it makes you feel any better, just know we all are! Try not to stress out too much. Stress will make it worse. Stress compromises your immune system, by doing many things to your body - too many things to mention. Keep taking the RDA for the folic acid. And take all of your other B vitamins. It can't hurt. It may not cure you right away, but eventually it will kick in and help along - like every other little thing that you are doing to improve the BV situation.

+Quote Post
bvg
post Oct 24 2007, 01:42 PM
Post #2669

BUSTie

anybody try gy-na-tren?

thanks!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 24 2007, 01:05 PM
Post #2670

Hardcore BUSTie

Anybody using the nuvaring?

+Quote Post
jularee
post Oct 23 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #2671

BUSTie

Hi Ladies! Just wanted to give you all a femanol update. I think it's day 12 or 13. So far things are going pretty well. I have a Mirena IUD so my periods are VERY light and short. I got my period a few days ago and finished up today. I noticed a slight odor tonight but not much discharge. Just a nice clear, "normal" discharge. Nothing bad odor-wise...just different. I think i'll insert a boric acid capsule to make sure things don't get too carried away in there. I've also noticed since I've been taking the femanol, I have a lot more energy than usual. I guess it's due to the high percentage of B vitamins it has.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Oct 23 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #2672

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(virgin4life @ Oct 23 2007, 11:29 PM) *
humm. Cancan u made a good point bout them cancelling each other out. i never even thought about that. i'm taking the stuff i ordered from the website--reuteri something something. but now that i think about it, i think it has the l.acidphil. in it.

&& i still have smell. everything else is gone but that pesky smell. not as bad but still lingering. maybe i'll order some flagyl. and insert the 2 vaginally like suggested.

no, i havent tried the rephresh, is this the stuff that users said not to take cause it makes it worse?? otherwise i'll go get some tomorrow.

thankyou everyone for the advice and help!! sorry if i seem bitchy, just annoyed:(

i don't think rephresh makes things worse... it might have for someone but i don't recall that. it's always worked good for me, but it's only temporary. definitely not a cure. and it's kind of expensive to keep using all the time. sometimes i just use it because i need a break.

+Quote Post
virgin4life
post Oct 23 2007, 09:12 PM
Post #2673

BUSTie

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Oct 23 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #2674

Hardcore BUSTie

How many people here have tried 'Today Daily pH Balance Restore Vaginal Vitamin C' tablets? I know a few of you have used them, and I am just wondering if it worked for you or not. I tried using them two weeks ago, one tablet per day, put it in there at bedtime. I actually tasted one of them to see exactly how acidic it was, and realized that it is way more acidic than boric acid. But I wanted to try them anyway. On the first few days I thought wow, these seem good, but they were too acidic for me. I felt a bit irritated on my skin. They are supposedly buffered vitamin C, but I think they aren't buffered enough. So on day three I cut the pill in half and then used it. That seemed better. And now I have run out of them, and can't find them anywhere. I guess I need to order them online?

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Oct 23 2007, 03:48 PM
Post #2675

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(chailatte @ Oct 23 2007, 02:58 PM) *
has anyone ever tried Enzara? It's supposed to be this amazing miracle tablet that would cure BV... It's a bit expensive but I'm getting desperate and will try anything just to get rid of my BV ! It costs $67.00 for a month's supply and if it doesn't work, you can get your money back -- so I guess, it's worth a try.... but I would like to know if anyone's tried it and it didn't work -- or do you know of any known dangers or side effects from taking this product?.... Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you!

DON'T BUY IT! a few people on here have tried it and it does not work. i think someone tried femanol and said that is working...

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Oct 23 2007, 02:48 PM
Post #2676

BUSTie

This just in!....The November '07 issue of Marie Claire (p.188) has the following blurb that confirms folate/folic acid, etc., as helping with BV prevention:

One in four women have it, but bacterial vaginosis (BV) is still one of the sneakiest infections around. It masquerades as yeast, or has no symptoms at all, and can lead to infertility. But researchers just found that certain foods may fend off--or bring on--BV. Women who ate lots of folate (lentils, bread), vitamin A (carrots, sweet potatoes), and calcium (you know how to get it) had a lower risk of BV; those who scarfed saturated fat had a higher risk.

I'm off to have some carrot juice.... wink.gif
Maggie

+Quote Post
chailatte
post Oct 23 2007, 12:41 PM
Post #2677

has anyone ever tried Enzara? It's supposed to be this amazing miracle tablet that would cure BV... It's a bit expensive but I'm getting desperate and will try anything just to get rid of my BV ! It costs $67.00 for a month's supply and if it doesn't work, you can get your money back -- so I guess, it's worth a try.... but I would like to know if anyone's tried it and it didn't work -- or do you know of any known dangers or side effects from taking this product?.... Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you!

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Oct 22 2007, 11:37 PM
Post #2678

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(bvg @ Oct 22 2007, 12:44 PM) *
another question...what is everyone's opinion as to whether you need to treat your husband or partner if you have bv?

My opinion is that your man can make the infection worse - depending on certain factors - like condom use, or penis size, rough sex, no lubricant, etc. - but the problem of BV isn't from him. So treating him will not help. But hey, who knows! Maybe one day a scientist will discover otherwise.

One thing to be careful with is having unprotected sex with your partner and not pulling out. Which is fine. Occasionally. But if you have your boyfriend do that a few times in a row, like three nights in a row... and you have a vaginal infection - of any kind - then you have now changed the pH of your vagina, made it more alkaline for that much longer. Hours and hours longer. And good bacteria does not survive in that environment. Your infection will become worse. So make sure to use pH balanced lubricant. SYLK for example is a pH of 4.7. It would be great if they could make it a little more acidic, that way it would balance out the pH of the ejaculate. Because by the time a guy is inside of you, even his pre-ejaculate of pH 7.5 has made the 4.7 lubricant change! It's now the average of the two.

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Oct 22 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #2679

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(bvg @ Oct 22 2007, 08:25 AM) *
okay,
i started taking the primodophilus reuteri for about a week, no help. Then i got the femdophilus for a week, no help. yesterday i got the ultimate flora for vaginal support which has rhamnosus and acidophilus as well as others. no help yet. i've also been taking b-6, b-12 and folic acid. i also was inserting the probs. vaginally.
i was wondering if anyone has done a course of metronidizole (or any other anti.) while they were taking good probiotics and if that helps any better than if you were taking none.
my problem is not recurring bv but resistant bv. so i wonder if having 'good' bacteria while you are taking the antibiotics makes the antibiotics work any better?

your thoughts or any other suggestions please

or am i not giving anything enough time? i just get discouraged when i see others noticing change after a few days.

Are you taking the probiotics at the same time as taking while taking the antibiotics? Most antibiotics are really strong and will kill off a lot of the BV bacteria - and will probably kill off the good bacteria as well. So finish with the antibiotics and then do your probiotics. I try to take them with distilled water. Do not take them with food or juice. You don't want to kill them off before they have a chance to make it down into your intestines. Try to have the probiotic at least one hour before or after food. Digestive acids will kill them off.

I mean I think it is fine if you take them at the same time if you feel like it - and if you can afford it! But they are so expensive, you may as well wait until you are done the metronidizole etc. and then start up with the probiotic. When you are done with the antibiotic and want to start the probiotic, jump start your system by taking extra. I was taking 2 in the morning, and then 2 again at night for a few days. And then continued with only 1 in the morning and then 1 at night.

And try to give it some time to work. For example: I had a chronic yeast infection (years ago) -- and it took me 9 months to get rid of it! I did the Candida Diet. I'm sure a few of you know what that is. It's a really strict diet, and is next to impossible to do. But I really wanted to get rid of that infection, so I did the diet, and got rid of it. But it took a long time. And a lot of discipline.

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Oct 22 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #2680

BUSTie

QUOTE(bvg @ Oct 22 2007, 12:44 PM) *
another question...what is everyone's opinion as to whether you need to treat your husband or partner if you have bv?

We've talked about this before, everyone thinks its necessary but dont know how to break the news to their man lol. In my situation, if we have unprotected sex he gets itchy and we just spread it back and forth and he gets upset because we can never have ''normal sex'' I really dont know how to treat him. we did the HP soak but i still have it and he wanted unprotected sex so he got it again.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 132 133 134 135 136 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 25, 2014 - 01:42 AM