It's Thursday! The weather in NYC is warm and bright, and everyone in the BUST office is wearing summer dresses and shorts and honestly, we look terrific. This weather is so fucking ON POINT.
Reasons Why We Love this Weather:
1) We can drink iced coffee without shivering.
2) Hello, pale pale legs… Been enjoying your death pallor? Let me introduce to something called sunlight.
3) BBQ's and all the deliciousness that BBQ's entail. Yes, you are perfectly scrumptious all roasted over a charcoal grill, corn. Yes, you will be in my stomach soon. Yes Yes Yes.
4) Summer music! We already had our Advertising Section Head, Emily Andrews serenading us with Def Leppard this morning. The anticipation of free outdoor concerts is potent and we can rock out to Toro Y Moi, Abe Vigoda and other summery happy music without getting depressed that it's cold and miserable outside.
5) Summer Romance. Olivia Newton John and John Travolta were on to something when they sang and sighed about "Ahh, those summer nights" in Grease. It's the time of the season for lovin'!
6) Baby animals. Spring is for fornicating and animals BEEN KNOWN THAT. We have a mama Mourning Dove who has made it's residence outside on our fire escape. She has suffered through many a rainy day, keeping her little Mourning Dove eggs warm, and now the little chicks are peeking out from under her plumed breast and getting a taste of sunshine.
7) Memorial Day is next Monday, which means THREE DAY WEEKEND! Fireworks! Hot Dogs, beaches and we can finally all wear white without feeling so guilty… Sike! (Seriously, does anybody really follow that rule?)
9) Ice cream, Ice pops... Lemonade.
Did I miss anything? Probably. Summer is just carefree and glorious and the weather is making me giddy and ready to chill out on lawn chairs, and not care that my legs are sticking to the plastic.