OK lay-deez! It's our time to shine as we flex our political muscle at the polls, so don't blow it! Here to help out with any last minutes issues you may have as you head out to excercise your franchise are some helpful voting tips from MoveOn.org:
- Find your polling place by calling 1-866-OUR-VOTE.
- Voter ID laws vary by state, but if you have ID, bring it.
- Not on the list? Make sure you're at the right polling place, then demand a provisional ballot.
- If voting by machine with paper record, verify the record is accurate.
- Know your rights when you go to vote: http://truth.voteforchange.com/
- Need legal help? Call 1-866-OUR-VOTE.
Emily Rems is a feminist writer, editor, rock star, playwright, and occasional plus-size model living in New York’s East Village. Best known as managing editor of BUST magazine, Emily is also a music and film commentator for New York’s NPR affiliate WNYC, and is the drummer for the horror-punk band the Grasshoppers. Her nonfiction writing has appeared in the anthologies Cassette from my Ex and Zinester’s Guide to NYC, and her short stories have been published in Rum Punch Press, Lumen, Prose ‘N Cons Mystery Magazine, Writing Raw, and PoemMemoirStory. She was nominated for a Pushcart Prize for fiction in 2015 and is working on a novel. Follow her on Twitter @emilyrems.