The December/January 2014 issue of BUST Magazine features Paramore's Hayley Williams, Rookie Mag's Tavi Gevinson, Great Gift Ideas (starting at under $5), How to throw a cookie party, amazing hot cocoa recipes, Patton Oswalt, Awkward Black Girl's Issa Rae, and a whole ton of stuff to guarantee you a cozy, sexy, cool holiday season.
Subscribe now for instant digital access to this issue!
Table of Contents Dec/Jan 2014
Pretty in Punk
Hayley Williams, of the band Paramore, is bringing girl power back to pop music. By Molly Simms
The BUST Holiday Gift Guide
Perfect presents handpicked by our editors for every price range.
Tavi Gevinson, the teen mastermind behind Rookiemag.com, is making feminism cool again. By Lisa Butterworth
Holiday baking recipes that take the cake. Compiled by Molly Simms
Out of Bounds
Street artist Swoon has an imagination so big, no gallery can contain her creations. By Molly Simms
Look dope on the slopes with fashions fit for a winter wonderland. Photographed by Alex Martinez, Styled by Lara Backmender
- Awkward Black Girl’s Issa Rae
- 11 Betties is on a mission to make girls love math
- Match the celeb to her fave charity
- Pop Quiz : M.I.A. is here to stay! By Emily Rems
- THE HOTNESS : The season’s best pop culture bets. By Emily Rems
- Boy du Jour: Patton Oswalt makes hearts melt. By Rachel Shukert
- Bra-ometer: Women’s news you can use. By Kara Buller
- Museum of Femoribilia: Vintage postcards went wild for pretty ladies in pants. By Lynn Peril
- DIY skin salve makes a great gift
- Yips for assembling the world’s greatest cheese plate
- Coping with the loss of a pet
- Tricked-out cocoa to suit every taste. By Chef Rossi
- Cheerful holiday housewares. By Stephanie J.
- Perth, Australia, will wow ya! By Melissa Coci
- What Would Roseanne Barr Do? Our resident advice diva addresses the death of a parent, the death of a relationship, and the death of dignity. By Roseanne Barr
- Style tips from French fashion design student Hanh Nhu
- Winter coats for keeping warm and looking cool
- Pomegranate beauty prods
- Dress like Jessa from GIRLS
The BUST Guide
- Music: Reviews; plus the return of Sharon Jones!
- Movies: The Punk Singer met Philomena in August: Osage County.
- Books: Reviews; plus titles that make great gifts.
- Celebrity fanfic that’ll do the trick
- Questions for the Queen: When antidepressants make it hard to get hard. By Dr. Carol Queen
- One-Handed Read: Smoke Break. By Val Gryphin
Event Pics: Snaps from the BUST Craftacular at World Maker Faire and the CBGB 40th Anniversary Fest!
X Games: Mother’s Little Helper. By Deb Amlen
The Last Laugh: Tammy Pierce is a “fine-tuned guy magnet.” By Esther Pearl Watson
The opinions expressed on the BUST blog are those of the authors themselves and do not necessarily reflect the position of BUST Magazine or its staff.