Amber Rose — Model, Actor, Designer, and Activist
From the outside looking in, people assume Hillary Clinton and I have absolutely nothing in common. But I’m here to set the record straight and let them know why they are dead wrong. Here is my Top 10 List of what I have in common with hopefully our next president:
1. The F Word. We both proudly rep the F word and I am not referring to the one most would assume. Rather, I mean the one that my entire platform is dedicated to: Feminism.
2. Our Boxing Gloves Are On. We both find ourselves defending the F word to so many people who simply put, do not get it. Our definition is very similar, it’s simple and not overly complicated…we support equal rights for women.
3. Judged, Shamed, and Disrespected. If you read the comments on both of our social media handles, you will get a small glimpse of the terrible, offensive, and hurtful words people say to us daily. Which brings me to my next point….
4. Clap Back Queens. Both of our clap back games are on point. Whether she is responding to Trump’s BS or I am responding to someone who comes at me, be prepared, we are quick on our feet and not to be messed with.
5. Super Woman Strength. We’re both tough as nails and have to channel the strength of 50 armies every day when we face the world.
6. Mom Boss. We both can relate to being full-time mothers, juggling our work as parents (a job that never ends) while managing our professional and public lives.
7. Dirty Laundry. We both have dealt with having private matters exposed in the most humiliating ways and have come out on top.
8. Serious About Activism. We are both huge activists. Most are quick to judge my brand but do not understand my platform and know little about all the work, time, money, and effort that I invest in promoting gender equality and being an advocate against derogatory labeling, victim blaming, and slut shaming.
9. Our Time Is Now. Even though we were both publicly perceived as being in the shadow of men at one point, we both have moved square into the spotlight and have owned that place ever since!
10. Pussy Pride. We might say it differently, but we both have pussy pride. In this election, I am not going to separate my pride in being a woman from my politics. Judge away, but it is time to have a woman president of the United States of America. #ImWithHer because women are the foundation of the family, the backbone of America, and the most unstoppable, resilient beings on this planet.
In closing, for those of you who will read this and say, “How dare you, Ms. Amber Rose, compare yourself to Hillary Clinton,” I respectfully direct you to reread points numbers Five and Six and ask yourself if you think I give a F$%k. But for those of you who relate to me and my cause, please join me in supporting fellow mom, advocate, and woman-on-a-mission Hillary Clinton, in her campaign to be the next president of the United States.
Amber Rose is throwing her second annual SlutWalk in Downtown Los Angeles on Saturday, October 1. For more info: amberroseslutwalk.com
This article originally appeared in the August/September 2016 print edition of BUST Magazine. Subscribe today!
More from BUST