Press Release - BUST Magazine Spring Fling Craftacular
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: BUST Magazine
Prepare for Mother’s Day at BUST Magazine’s Spring Craftacular and Food Fair @ DUMBO!
Free Outdoor Indie Fest to Feature Local Craft Vendors, Food Trucks, DIY Workshops and Activities for All Ages
Brooklyn, NY (May 4, 2013) – This spring, the award-winning BUST Magazine Craftacular & Food Fair will set up shop on the beautiful DUMBO waterfront for a one-day-only celebration of all things handmade. Over 2,000 visitors will shop at over 120 handmade and vintage stalls, feast on seasonal sips and snacks from a hand-picked group of over 15 food vendors, and take part in crafty activities for all ages.
Attendees can also enter to win amazing raffle prizes, groove to all-day sets of garage and soul tunes at the Onkyo Home Audio DJ Booth, and pick up a complimentary copy of BUST Magazine’s latest issue. Entry is completely free, and the first 300 shoppers will receive a reusable BUST tote bag chock-full of crafty swag from the best indie makers in the biz.
This handmade extravaganza will take place just one train stop from Manhattan in DUMBO’s Pearl Street Plaza and Manhattan Bridge Archway on Saturday, May 4 from 11am-6pm, rain or shine.
- Make It For Mom: Visitors are invited to get in on the action with a day-long lineup of craft workshops, including cluster earrings with Tracie Campbell of Brooklyn Charm, an “I <3 Mom” needlepoint with Diana Rupp of Make Workshop, terrarium-making with Twig Terrariums, and zodiac embroidery with Jessica Marquez of Miniature Rhino. Young crafters are welcome to join in kid-friendly cobblery with Sharon Raymond of Simple Shoemaking and lap looming with Isa Rodrigues of Textile Arts Center.
- Local Buys From Local Guys (and Gals!): Visitors will treat Mom (or themselves) to an eclectic mix of affordable, hand-crafted goods and gifts, including eye-catching metal collars from LAB by Laura Busony, gin-scented vegan lotion from Sideshow Soap Co., and hand-screened Game of Thrones tees from Fencing & Archery. Vintage lovers will flip for reworked treasures from Rekover and Clare Bare, and beauty fanatics will flock to DIOSA for seasonal nail art.
- Fun for the Whole Family: Young crafters can make simple craft projects at the MailChimp Kids Zone; kids of all ages can snap and send a free Mother’s Day postcard at the Postography Photobooth.
- Hot Wheels: Cyclists are encouraged to bring their wheels for a complimentary tune-up at the Polaris Pop-Up Bike Shop. In addition, Polaris will also be offering free test rides on the eco-friendly (and wicked cool) Polaris E-Bike!
- Community-Crafted Snacks and Sips: Hungry shoppers can sample delicious offerings from over 15 food and drink carts in the Red Jacket Orchards Food Truck Food Court, including Thai noodles from Mamu, locally made hot dogs from Snap, and fantastical frozen treats from Alchemy Creamery. They’ll be serving up tons of vegetarian, vegan, and kid-friendly options to be enjoyed in a delightful open-air seating area.
The 2013 BUST Magazine Craftacular & Food Fair @ DUMBO is sponsored by:
The 2013 BUST Magazine Spring Craftacular and Food Fair @ DUMBO is also sponsored in part by:
The BUST Magazine Craftacular has won the prestigious Gold FAME Award for Best Special Event as well as the FOLIO Grand FAME Award for BEST OVERALL EVENT, beating out O, Glamour, and Cosmopolitan.
BUST is a groundbreaking, original women’s lifestyle magazine and website, unique in its ability to connect with bright, influential young women who are shaping their space in society—and shaping culture as a whole. BUST, the magazine “for women with something to get off their chests,” addresses a refreshing variety of young women’s interests, including celebrity interviews, music, fashion, art, crafting, sex, and news. Hip, humorous, and honest, BUST is a celebration of all things female and a trusted authority on up-and-coming trends among discerning, educated, and culturally aware women.
Founded by Debbie Stoller, Co-Publisher/Editor-in-Chief and author of the New York Times bestselling knitting book series Stitch ‘n Bitch, and Laurie Henzel, Co-Publisher and Creative Director, BUST began hosting craft shows eight years ago in NYC and has expanded to Los Angeles and London as well as Holiday and Fall Craftaculars in NYC.