Artist of the Week: Dreamy, Steamy Dilek Baykara
Meet your newest art crush!
Dilek Baykara is a New Jersey native now living and working in Brooklyn. Her illustrations are part fairytale and part art nouveau, with intricate detailing and a few pop culture references tossed in. Some look like they belong in the childrens’ books of your dreams: flappers in feathers, celestial moonscapes, Bowie in the sky with diamonds.
Check out these Gatsby-esque numbers:
If you like what you see and live nearby, girl’s got a solo show starting May 30th at N.Y.C.’s Superchief Gallery. West Coast ladies can see her work this month in Black on High, a group show hosted at L.A.’s The Gallery.
Images via DilekBaykara.us
On Newsstands Now: Dec/Jan 2015
Trending on BUST
- Thu. 4 Dec, 2014 7:00 pm - Sun. 7 Dec, 2014 7:00 pm
- Sat. 6 Dec, 2014 (11:00 am - 6:00 pm)
- Sat. 6 Dec, 2014 8:00 pm - Sun. 7 Dec, 2014 8:00 pm
- Sat. 6 Dec, 2014 (All day)
- Wed. 28 Jan, 2015 (8:00 pm - 9:00 pm)