Celebrities. We know 'em, we love 'em, and there are a select few that never fail to inspire us. As such, it's all the more exciting when we find out two of our favorite ladies see in each other what we see in them. What could be better than two of your personal heroines swapping clothes, sipping beers, and collaborating? These are the friendships we can't get enough of:
1. Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer, co-stars and creators; comediennes extraordinaire. First thing's first: if you're not watching Broad City, you're making a huge mistake. The show premiered on Comedy Central this January after it was picked up and produced by Amy Poehler. It follows the chaos and comedic misadventures of two best friends and New York City gals also named (and portrayed by) Abbi and Ilana. The show is based on a web series created after the real duo met taking classes at the Upright Citizens Brigade. I can't get enough of these ladies, and I've got my eyes peeled for a second season.
2. Marina Abramović and Kim Cattrall. The two met after Abramović, a world-renowned performance artist known for her exploration of the body, mind, and relationship between the performer and the audience, was portrayed on Sex and the City's sixth season, performing her piece, The House with the Ocean View. Abramović immediately became a fan of the show, listing Cattrall's Samantha, a sassy celebrity publicist, as her favorite character. The two were formally introduced by Klaus Biesenbach, the Director of PS1 and the Chief Curator at MOMA. Aside from both being incredibly talented, these two are stellar role models and the absolute definition of HBICs (Head B*tches in Charge).
3. Beyoncé and Gwyneth Paltrow. It's no secret these two are best friends, but honestly, I'm still not over it. "[Gwyneth's] what I strive to be one day," Beyoncé told Harper's Bazaar UK back in 2011, "You go to her house and she makes you feel like you never want to go home." Paltrow has been quoted as musing that Beyoncé is one of a kind, as nobody else maintains such musical talent while still remaining so sweet and funny. Heart. Bursting.
4. Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig, former co-stars; musician and actress, respectively. Best friends since their six-season performance on Showtime’s The L Word, Uh Huh Her rock star Leisha Hailey and actress Kate Moennig continue to be inseparable and unbearably adorable. Their friendship is no secret, as the two tweet back and forth and instagram each other enough to make one's heart explode. In fact, the two have been reminiscing online (along with the rest of the former cast) about the old L Word days, with talk of their wish for a reunion. No word yet on whether or not that dream will come true, but for now, it's enough knowing that such rad ladies are friends.
5. Carrie Brownstein and Annie Clark. These two have been photographed together at a plethora of events for the past few years, and the internet is still freaking out about it. Both are killer musicians; Carrie Brownstein is known for her role as a guitarist and vocalist for both Wild Flag and 90's punk group Sleater-Kinney, and Annie Clark is adored for her incredible talent as her musical alter ego, St. Vincent, in addition to her start as a member of the Polyphonic Spree and Sufjan Stevens' traveling band. The two have done everything from attending the Opening Ceremony F/W 2014 show to cheering on the Portland Trail Blazers, to even playing together with Pearl Jam. Clark also guest-starred on Brownstein and Fred Armisen's hilarious IFC hit, Portlandia. These two make an incredible duo, and I can’t wait to see what collaboration they come up with next.
Images via runredcreative.com, BOMB Magazine/Patrick McMullan, Vogue Ukraine, Leisha Hailey’s Twitter, The Oregonian.