Do you still have friends and family on your gift-giving list? A handmade gift would be a super special way to show you really care! We've put together a list of 10 of our favorite DIY projects from the past year of BUST Magazine that are sure to get your crafty mojo going. Best of all, each of these is so simple to make you can complete them in a weekend, and each of the issues they come from are available for purchase and instant download! Check 'em out:
2. Adorable Apron. Make a rocking smock for your dearest. Grab the directions for this sweet stitched up vintage-inspired apron from our Feb/March 2012 issue.
3. Pop Poster. Make your pal some custom DIY wall decor. It is easy, and it's made from paint chips you can find at any hardware store. Directions BUST April/May 2012.
4. Easiest-Ever Roll-on Perfume. One of the simplest projects we've ever run is also one of the most impressive. All it takes are a couple of Chapsticks, scented oils, and a microwave. We even made the labels for you already. Grab the direx for this project from BUST's April/May issue.
5. Colorful Shrinky Dink Jewelry Another crowd pleaser, this project requires decorating some shrinkable plastic, baking it in the oven, then attaching chains and o-rings. Is there anyone on your list who wouldn't appreciate one of these? No there isn't! So get yourself a digital copy of our June/July 2012 issue of BUST for all the directions you need.
6. Tote-ally Cute! Have your friends carry around their books and thing in style with a tote bag with a handmade design by you! Our secret stenciling method is a breeze. Read all about it (and get our patterns for the above designs) in BUST's Aug/Sept 2012 issue.
7. Home-Canned Applesauce Preserve your relationships by giving your friends homemade preserves! It's a healthy and delish, and because it's canned it will stay good all year! Just cook up your apples, can 'em, slap a ribbon on that thing, ad you're done. All the instructions and recipe are in BUST's Aug/Sept 2012 issue!
8. A Collar to Make Them Holler. Collars are all the rage this season, and it's quick and easy to make one for each of your friends. We show you how to put it all together in BUST August/September 2012.
9. Ridiculously Simple Thin Mint Clone One of our favorite-ever recipes, this cheater's way to chocolately minty goodness is so easy you can make stacks of 'em for everyone on your list. Find this amazing vegan and no-bake cookie recipe in BUST Dec/Jan 2013!
10. Just Bead It. Delight your favorite dames this holiday season with these fringe earrings! Beaded jewelry looks fantastic and we teach you the bead weaving techniques you need in order to make this dangly masterpiece. Then make up a few pairs this weekend for gift-giving next week. Complete instructions in Dec/January 2013.
So don't spend the weekend panicking and shopping; spend it relaxing and crafting! Happy holidays!